It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Fossilized Saur". I've found its Skull and it Fit perfectly! Curiosity Sol 64.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I've always been intrigued by this anomaly in Curiosity Sol 64. It appears like a big fossilized Saur who swam in the Lake Gale (Crater). The big severed head shows the lower part of the skull with the jaw and torso with the scales still visible. I always wondered where it was the top of the skull .... After a careful analysis of the image, right nearby, I found it and, SURPRISE,... Fits perfectly!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Raw image

Enhanched in blue

Note the triangular shapes, spikes of the "teeth" visible along the lower left part and other scattered along the torso. In the image, I also highlighted in blue what seem to be the top of its skull nearby.

The top of the "skull"

Here what it looks after cropping the top and after it has been superimposed... Fits Perfectly!

I made other attempts, and these are the results. Maybe someone with better skills in image processing could be better...

edit on 26-9-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
it does resemble a gator shape. Cool find Arken.

Whether it's really a fossil or similarly shaped stone...it's inconclusive.

Still...your efforts are commendable. Somebody has to do the dirty work

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
WTF!!!!!!!

OK "Its a rock" crowd, heres a challenge.
Go through any Mars or even Earth picture of "rocks" and find 2 that fit together a snugly as the ones in the OP and resemble any sort of recognisable shape.

Arken your efforts and attention to detail consistantly blow me away.
S&F

As for the pic, WTF!!!! Mars had Crocodiles!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thats really cool! It is an absolute perfect fit, nice find! Do you have any idea of what the actual size of that thing would be?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Thats really cool! It is an absolute perfect fit, nice find! Do you have any idea of what the actual size of that thing would be?

Thanks.
Maybe more than a dozen of meters or much larger. Here you can compare its dimension.

www.gigapan.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The perfect fit is a problem when you take teeth in to consideration, with that i mean seen from what we know from earth, and of course it could be a plant eater.

Just to compare.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Yes. It could be an herbivore.

However a large animal.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
WTF!!!!!!!

OK "Its a rock" crowd, heres a challenge.
Go through any Mars or even Earth picture of "rocks" and find 2 that fit together a snugly as the ones in the OP and resemble any sort of recognisable shape.

Arken your efforts and attention to detail consistantly blow me away.
S&F

As for the pic, WTF!!!! Mars had Crocodiles!!!!!!

maybe we as humans need to get away from life being unique in the universe to life is the norm.....we are a very small speck

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Cool find Arken!

It could also be fossilized. If that were the case, the once long sharp teeth, could have eroded down to the point we see now.

Des

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Looks mighty familiar to me! I'm not sure about the image-juggling-exercise you did (the large rock doesn't look like it really fits on top of the main feature), but the first image for itself is intriguing enough and would certainly have deserved a close-up view, at least IMO.

I admire your creativity and look forward to further unusual stuff at Gale!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It sure looks like a 'gator! I don't know what to think of it, really.

Star and flag for your sheer determination and stamina though! I'm glad the "rock" crowd will not stop you from searching and sharing these kind of finds!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Looks mighty familiar to me!

Your thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
You thought it was a shipwreck, I thought it was a great fossil

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Aw here, Arken, you deserve some kind of reward, nay, degree in Mars anomalys.

I hereby declare you, Arken of ATS, the greatest, most dedicated Mars anomaly discoverer there is on this planet Earth.

One day something you find will go down in history Arken.
Maybe this one will be it

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The "skull" is an interesting shape, even in two parts. I don't see the spine or the rest of what you are calling a creature, it seems like a typical rock ridge, although I am not a biologist, geologist, or professional herbalist. But for pure imagination and steadfastness in the face of rocks and rock-callers, a flag, star, and geese. This was a fun one, congrats on playing with something long enough to find a connection (the spice of life!).

edit on 26-9-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

maybe a little movement will get your imagination running

behold , the mighty slug'osaurus

hmmm got me thinking about a slug dinosaur extremophile cross now

funbox

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
S&F !
Yet again you do the impossible!

There IS life out there! Are we that arogant to think we are it the one the only...nah, I hope not.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Pretty convincing Arken, nice work, considering the theory that the region was subject to a massive flood this would possibly have been an animal whose body was transported there by that flood.
The Crowd of paid and otherwize Skeptics miss the point, too many coincidences rule out coincidence as a plausible denial or explanation.
Here is one of my favorite site's
www.marsruins.com...
And though this seem's hard to swallow the theory is actually sound, this guy was a former NASA scientist and more than able to take on his challengers but sadly passed away believing this theory to be correct.
metaresearch.org...

I think you have found a fossil not a rock and admire you for sticking to your gun's and belief's in the face of clever Skeptic's whose only goal is to dismantle an argument and make it's proponent look foolish, well you DO NOT look foolish with this one, nice one Arken.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Lol good one.
btw ark good find.
a reply to: funbox

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok, I have to say something here. Arken, are you MikeSingh?

Every thread you make is reminiscent of his old Mars threads, and your picture work is spot on.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because I thoroughly enjoyed Mike's threads.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: holyTerror
Ok, I have to say something here. Arken, are you MikeSingh?

Every thread you make is reminiscent of his old Mars threads, and your picture work is spot on.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because I thoroughly enjoyed Mike's threads.

No. I'm not MikeSingh. Only an humble disciple...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join