It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder to Resign As Attorney General, Official Says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

odd, I actually like Bush Sr. a bit more, mostly because he wasn't afraid to commit political suicide by raising tax revenue to cover expenses left by his predecessor and himself. His foreign policy is somewhat disagreeable.

in any case Reagan knew about it, and didn't even see to it that we got someone vaguely responsible punished

more importantly to me at least, was that he broke the union's back

by breaking the back of unions, he shifted power too far in favor of management,

and thus, (in the years/decades following) we saw labor get decimated in an unprecedented way (plants closing/outsourcing). Albeit that was happening earlier, at a somewhat slower rate.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Holder resignation may be tied to Fast and Furious ruling by judge: Watchdog

The surprise resignation of a key member of President Barack Obama's administration may be a political move to avoid the resurgence of interest in exposing corruption and misconduct -- even criminal activity -- within the office of the nation's Top Cop who is ordered this week to release information regarding Operation Fast and Furious, according to political insiders within the D.C. Beltway on Friday.

A federal judge's ruling may have had a lot to do with Eric Holder stepping down from his office.
NewswithViews/MRC

While most of the news media and politicians have "closed the books" on the Fast and Furious scandal, there is evidence that a federal judge's ruling -- pertaining to documents withheld by Attorney General Eric Holder and the Justice Department -- has more to do with Holder's sudden resignation announcement on Thursday than Obama's hope to have a new attorney general confirmed by the Democrat-controlled Senate before any nominee has to face a probable Republican majority in the new year, according to several political strategists and watchdogs on Friday.

According to the public-interest group, Judicial Watch, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that: by October 22, 2014, the Department of Justice (DOJ) must submit a Vaughn Index. The Vaughn Index must list Fast and Furious materials that Judicial Watch had sought in its June 2012 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request application its subsequent September 2012 FOIA federal lawsuit. The suit had been filed after the DOJ failed to comply with the legal FOIA request for specific documents involving the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (ATF's) gun-smuggling activity commonly known as Operation Fast and Furious.

As per a 1974 court ruling, a Vaughn Index must: (1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption.

On July 18, Judge John Bates ordered the Department of Justice to produce the documents list by October 1. He denied a motion by the Holder's DOJ that the agency be given more than an extra month, until November 3, to produce the Vaughn index. According to Judicial Watch attorneys, Judge Bates voiced his concern that the Justice Department’s request showed they were “at best... slow to react to this Court’s previous [July 18, 2014] Order. At worst, it means the Department has ignored that Order until now.”

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Thanks for the differentiation of what means Political correctness, you know English is my second language, sometimes I have a hard time understanding certain wordings.

I agree with you until the immigration, the rest for me are part of society issues, immigration for me is a big problem that is affecting our economy and the working class deeply.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree no even for a moment I thought different, it is because the fast and furious, Holder in is arrogance wanted to be the first presidential appointee to the Justice Department to last the longer meaning full terms, but his crap is too much to hide.

Still while he already has gotten the tag of unforgettable no in a good way, he will go like any other piece of corrupted crap with only a slap in the hand, to be recycle like bad trash by somebody else that will take him, specially the big private interest that invested heavily on him.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

HAD to strip industry to get it overseas SOMEHOW,that did it.
Like I said NO SAINT.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"There is a very real possibility that the Justice Department's documents may have fallen into the same 'black hole' where Lois Lerner's IRS documents ended up,"

This Administration is possibly the most corrupt ever.

They act like they are clumsy...They really are criminals.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join