It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder to Resign As Attorney General, Official Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Attorney General Eric Holder plans to announce Thursday that he will resign after nearly six years, a Justice Department official told NBC News.

Holder plans to stay on the job until a successor is confirmed, the official said.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.

— Pete Williams

Eric Holder to Resign As Attorney General, Official Says

This is just now breaking.

Awaiting confirmations from other sources. (Edit: Confirmed)

Well well, It is about time.

Eric Holder has been being asked to resign by both the left and the right for quite some time now.

I guess it got a little to much for him.

Here is a short list of some of his "accomplishments":

• misled Congress on his role in the James Rosen matter
  • investigation of CIA interrogators who had already been cleared by career prosecutors
  • wanting to try 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed in a civilian court in Manhattan
  • review of DOJ guidelines over investigations that involve journalists, and wanting "off-record" meetings w/ journalists
  • Fast and Furious ( held in contempt of congress)
  • Eric Holder took the side of the racial mob calling for vengeance for Trayvon Martin, and devoting time and resources to aid the racial mob, including the New Black Panther Party.
  • Attorney General Holder has failed to prosecute a single IRS official that feloniously leaked private tax information of Tea Party and conservative groups to the media.
  • Allowed the 2012 Presidential Election to take place with over 4,000,000 ineligible voters on the rolls.
  • Holder and White House counsel Greg Craig convinced the president to announce the closure of the prison at Guantanamo Bay by January 2010 — without even examining the feasibility of doing so.
  • Holder failed to read the Arizona immigration law before publicly opposing it
  • Holder's failure to charge any bankers after the 2008 financial meltdown, not a single one.
  • On and on

edit on 25-9-2014 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xmaddness
I will wait before I say 'Yay!'

We may get worse to replace him.

Now for the obligatory question....
Is there a scandal about to erupt that involves him?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's all over cnn now so I would say it's true. Says may be a few months until someone will replace him.

Question is who will be replacing him?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You mean more scandals than the ones he is currently involved in?

I would be willing to bet on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnum1188

You mean more scandals than the ones he is currently involved in?

I would be willing to bet on it.

None of those seemed to affect him yet...... Although they should have, IMO.
Maybe there is a new one that hasn't broken yet? The bad guy insiders usually have a heads up before the news breaks.
edit on bu302014-09-25T10:05:11-05:0010America/ChicagoThu, 25 Sep 2014 10:05:11 -050010u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

A scandal in this administration? Hahaha, never! Never ever!

Good riddance!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I am curious if its because of the latest court rulings against the administration for Benghazi, Fast and Furious, recess appointments, the IRS and DOJ coordinating PR, and the multitude of other crimes they have committed.

Better do it now than after the midterms. If the Senate goes to the Republicans I dont see any of Obama's cabinet nominations getting confirmed by the Senate.

I think someone should also make sure he is not removing / shredding / burning documents before he leaves either.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
An old sailor's tale says that when the rats flee, the ship is sinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oh the Left wants him to resign too? I'm just curious, because I understand why the Right wants him to resign. Is he not Left enough for the Left or what?
I imagine it's mostly about his unfair practices of picking and choosing what laws he wants to enforce.
edit on 25-9-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
SWEET! Now let's sit back and wait for the next guy who does all of the same nonsense to take office.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Oh the Left wants him to resign too? I'm just curious, because I understand why the Right wants him to resign. Is he not Left enough for the Left or what?

i think it has more to do with his incompetence than how far left he is (which is just beyond the Andromeda galaxy right now).

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
He should be charged with Obstruction of Justice.

The man sees everything through the lense of his race.

This job requires a real Law Enforcement Officer.

Not some political hack sent there to protect a lawless Administration.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thank you Eric Holder for a fine job as attorney General!!!!

ha ha j/k

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I will wait before I say 'Yay!'

We may get worse to replace him.

Now for the obligatory question....
Is there a scandal about to erupt that involves him?

i thought the same thing. Who is Obama nominating to the post?
And I don't think there is any way the completely arrogant Holder resigns without a scandal.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just got this a few minutes ago on my breaking news feed. Wonder what has prompted the sudden departure after all the resistance to past calls for him to resign? I didn't think this would happen until Obama left office. Something big in play here?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

And when was incompetence ever an issue for people on the Left? Something tells me they would only complain if it affected their pet issues. But I hear what you are saying. In the political sphere, it seems people only complain about someone if it hurts them in particular. So what could Holder have possibly done to tick off his Left leaning constituency? In particular, the DOJ is supposed to have a blindfold on with regard to justice being served impartially, and we know that Holder is anything but impartial. Epic fail on his part.

edit on 25-9-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

And when was incompetence ever an issue for people on the Left? Something tells me they would only complain if it affected their pet issues.

In the case of Obama though the village idiot comes to the right conclusion before the nobel laureate.

Even the phrasing of his resignation is unusual. He will resign just as soon as a replacement is found.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
He should be led out in cuffs, not resigning.

And like butcher guy said, the next one will be worse. They allways are.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Even the phrasing of his resignation is unusual. He will resign just as soon as a replacement is found.

In other words...We need someone who won't expose all the crimes we committed.

I thought I heard Holder say regular cops do not like him.

The man does have a keen grasp of the obvious...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join