It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder to Resign As Attorney General, Official Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Holders' last act might be to disband or else censure / Close the Rep. Trey Gowdy R-SC investigation(s)

he can't leave a potential crisis involving the Øbama WH to the wheels-of-justice ~
~ at least an attempt to derail the investigation-court-impeachment process must be made
edit on th30141166048025542014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

ADD

of course Holder is in the process of 'distancing' himself from the Øbama WH just by making his announcement now

what might he be 'ditancing' himself from , you ask ?

how about this news blurb:

freebeacon.com...

Patrick Poole, a reporter and terrorism analyst who has long tracked Bin Bayyah, expressed shock that the Obama administration would endorse the cleric on the world stage.

“It is simply amazing that just a few months ago the State Department had to publicly apologize for tweeting out it’s support for Bin Bayyah, only to have Barack Obama go before the leaders of the entire world and publicly endorse Bin Bayyah’s efforts,” Poole said.

“It seems that nothing can stop this administration’s determination to rehabilitate Bin Bayyah’s image, transforming him from the Islamic cleric who issued the fatwa to kill Americans in Iraq and calling for the death of Jews to the de facto White House Islamic mufti,” he said.

President Barack Obama favorably quoted and praised on Wednesday in his speech before the United Nations a controversial Muslim cleric whose organization has reportedly endorsed the terror group Hamas and supported a fatwa condoning the murder of U.S. soldiers in Iraq.

Obama in his remarks offered praise to controversial cleric Sheikh Abdallah Bin Bayyah and referred to him as a moderate Muslim leader who can help combat the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant’s (ISIL or ISIS) radical ideology.

However, Bin Bayyah himself has long been engulfed in controversy for many of his views, including the reported backing of a 2004 fatwa that advocated violent resistance against Americans fighting in Iraq.(...)

too much Muslim love at the WH ?
edit on th30141166188725182014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
With two years left, they will put the Deputy Attorney General in charge and we will probably get more of the same. However, we can celebrate a small victory that this guy is on his way out. He was on the TV a lot the last few days talking about ISIS, I suppose they will try to portray him as a good guy fighting for America on his way out instead of the crook he has been the last six years.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Xcathdra

And when was incompetence ever an issue for people on the Left? Something tells me they would only complain if it affected their pet issues.

Huh?

Everyone hates incompetence. Yo're only having trouble seeing through your own filters. I don't know anyone who likes Holder or Obama.. I know lots of people on the left. It doesn't fit your paradigm because your paradigm isn't based in reality. Ironic given your chosen screen name.

I thought Holder would be outed years ago.
(you can consider me on the left)
I also hate Obama.
So there ya go.

This couldn't come soon enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Congress is out till after the mid term elections.

This means it may be lame duck senators that will approve his replacement. or Obama bypassing congress

If the senate goes republican the government will be locked up with the congress passing good bills and Obama vetoing them.

This could lead to the next president being republican.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
the word a while back ago, when Holder is asked to resign the name of Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick came up, that might be the replacement for this joke and criminal Eric Holder. I have never seen such a Radical Administration in all of my time

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

This is a good point. I forgot they were out.

Doesn't that mean he can appoint without congressional approval?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KonigKaos

Deval is what I thought at first also, but I think he has stated he is not interested in the AG job right now. I think a recess appointment might be exactly what they are working towards. They know they won't get Congressional approval so they will try the back door instead.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xmaddness

All I have to say is, about damn time...

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xmaddness

wow I never thought I would see the day

Dear god who will replace him?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
An old sailor's tale says that when the rats flee, the ship is sinking.

Makes you wonder what's so bad that he would jump ship like this. With everything going on I figured he would have left be for, but he stayed around so how bad could it be?

I'll be really worried if he takes a really long trip oversea right after he leaves.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
An old sailor's tale says that when the rats flee, the ship is sinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good RIDDENS!.

Whille I would have preferred him sitting in prison.

I will settle for never have to hearing his name again.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OH MY GOD NO!!!

Al Sharpton helping pick the next AG

Say to isn't so!!

"We are engaged in immediate conversations with the White House on deliberations over a successor whom we hope will continue in the general direction of Attorney General Holder," Sharpton said in a statement.

Sharpton praised Holder, the first African-American attorney general, as the "best" one in history when it comes to civil rights.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 9/25/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
OH MY GOD NO!!!

Say to isn't so!!

I was just going to post that, my god this administration is a sorry joke

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: howmuch4another
OH MY GOD NO!!!

Say to isn't so!!

I was just going to post that, my god this administration is a sorry joke

I wouldn't even call them a joke anymore, jokes are at least funny. This is just getting sad and scary.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Another word comes to mind, incompetent.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Kamala Harris. Obumbles has always had the hots for her.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
After giving a lot of thoughts, there are a few things:

Make sense, this is to take the blame for all of the scandals that have plagued the administration. They need a fall guy and he is falling on the proverbial sword. By resigning, he is trying to take all attention off of the President and all of the issues that are around his admin. So to get the reps and the country to focus on something else, give them something new to focus on. Now is to look more closely at what all is going on in DC.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I agree, working on saving his legacy

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join