It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid And Sphinx, The Lies And Deceptions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lastday Prophet, you have yet to show us they did.

As everyone else has pointed out, it is only you, using an odd sequence of measurements [which were wrong] and units of measure [which were wrong] were you able to come up with these sums...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Odium, go do some reading, you have not provided any "FACTS" whatsoever to prove anything.

I have given you numbers that appear in the Pyramid that confirm my position.

Here is a link that provides some of the numbers, there are many more sites that confirm these numbers, do some reading before you run off your mouth without knowledge.

www.plim.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
yeah, i hardly trust that site, how about you give us something more credible. maybe mathematicians, historians, someone with a bit of expertise in the subject.

we're arguing for the status quo, in a way, so you have to provide the evidence to refute.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Madness, how accurate is that nick. You refuse to hear anything other than your misguided thoughts.

I have given a lot of infomation that can be proven, you have provided absolutely nothing but pure speculation, with no evidence whatsoever, take a hike, go read a book, enlighten yourself, you are full of error.

You have avoided my question on how the Egyptians could know the diameter of the earth.

This question throws all of your theories out the window.
You can't get past square one, without a answer to this question all you have is foolish speculation,

I have given my answer which is plausible.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
MATH, that is how they could potentially figure out the diameter of the earth. how did we find it later, did god come up to US and tell it to us? also i'm dodging the question because you're using bad units of measure, bad history, and bad math to prove your point that it has the earth's diameter encoded.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here's more silly rabbit, that connects the Great Pyramid with GOD and his people and their history, "NUMBERS" don't lie, people do.

www.europa.com...

It is easy to find facts if you are telling the truth, this is why I don't worry about the naysayers, they have no information to offer whatsoever, they are truly laughable.

PS 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall LAUGH: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure

PS 37:13 The Lord shall LAUGH at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken

Here is more proof of numbers and information that the Egyptains or anyone other than GOD could have known.

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lastday Prophet, I quoted four studies in the Early Stages of this thread all you can provide is sites which are honestly a joke.

The sacred Jewish inch (explained on Page I or in Feb. 1995 After Dark issue) has meaning beyond measurement of distances. The Bible often employs substitutions, such as days for years. If we consider the representation of years by inches, the Pyramid takes on an entirely new meaning. As a means to record time, the Pyramid used stone inches to measure time in years, where one inch equals one year.

Why inchs? Why not hours, days, minutes, months? Do you know why? Because the other numbers do not make their point - no where does it mention an "inch" in the Pyramids. In fact, this is my favourite quote:

From the beginning of the Ascending Passage to the beginning of the Main Gallery is 1,485 inches. If 1,584 is added to the date of the exodus of the Jews from Egypt (start of the Ascending Passage), the result (if fractions of an inch are taken into account) is April 3, 33 A.D., the crucifixion of Christ and the start of the Main Gallery.

So these people know to the date that Jesus was put to death? The death range goes between 29 to 36 C.E. and there is no reason to put it to a direct day, without a high level of proof which isn't placed in this article...but just over-look this right?

For the Great Pyramid to be perfectly aligned with the four cardinal points on the compass means that the builder either had some way of determining directions or that neither the Egyptians nor any human designed it. Other dimensions of the Great Pyramid show that it was literally impossible for Egyptians or any other humans to have designed or built it.

Now we move on to this article, I love the line: "had some way of determining directions" - I know, that rather large star in the sky might just have helped them. Which star? Oh the North Star! :O That's crazy talk!

The error from true north is about 1/12 of a degree and what is even more astounding is that this orientation was done without a compass, which was not invented until the 1500 years after the Messiah's birth. Now you may wonder if the perfect aligning to the four points of the compass was a coincidence or was this purposed and planned in the design. Some believe that the pyramid was built about 4000 years before the birth of the Messiah.

Compass? 1500C.E? Instantly this website is brought into distrust, due to the historical mistake they make right there...there is a book written in the 4th Century A.D: Book of the Devil Valley Master which displays the fact magnetic lodestones were used to show directions. Oh and let us not forget, Flavio Gioja, oh we will just over-look him as well.

Sorry, but if this is the best you have you are laughable. I'd hold off the insults, making such wildclaims when the sites you use can't get basic information right. Come on...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
You have avoided my question on how the Egyptians could know the diameter of the earth.

Do they?

I'm waiting for you to show me they do and use the correct measurements and then explain as to why you use moden measures to do so...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Odium, go do some reading, you have not provided any "FACTS" whatsoever to prove anything.

Here is a link that provides some of the numbers, there are many more sites that confirm these numbers, do some reading before you run off your mouth without knowledge.
www.plim.org...

From your plim site:

The Great Pyramid is located in the center of all the landmasses (see diagram on p. 31). Many pyramidologists believe that the meridian line running north and south on the globe passing through the Pyramid (31 degree East of Greenwich) should be the zero line of the whole world. By drawing a horizontal line through the pyramid one can see the pyramid is the center of the landmasses. Again one sees that the architect of the Pyramid had to know the location in advance and it has only been in the last 100 years that men have had these capabilities.

Not true:

Let's come to the famous "center of the landmasses" the great pyramid should be built at.

"The parallel of longitude passing through the great pyramid is the longest possible parallel passing over ground at all. The parallel of latitude passing through the center of the pyramid is the longest possible over land, too. So the pyramid is located right in the gravity center of all land masses on Earth."

To demonstrate this, you will be shown maps like the one on the left. But again you only need a map and some time to see that this is wrong, too. The longest possible parallel of longitude runs about 250 kilometers west of Giza, right through the Libyan desert. It runs more than 2000 kilometers longer over land than the one through Giza.
Also, the longest parallel of latitude over land goes not through Giza. At 50 deg. north I found one running more than 16000 kilometers over land. Compared with the 14000 km of the one through Giza, it is again 2000 kilometers longer. And if I construct the "gravity center of the continents" after the definition given above, the true center must be in the Ukraine, some kilometers west from Kiev. This, too, can be checked with a good map!
Source:doernenburg.alien.de...

Smyth further claims that "on carefully summing up the areas of all the dry land habitable by man all the wide world over, the centre of the whole falls within the Great Pyramid's special territory of Lower Egypt." (p. 89) The earth's landmass is distributed over a sphere, not a plane. Thus, determining "center point" of the landmasses -- and there would of necessity be more than one such center point as the lines wrapped around the globe to the other side -- would be a complex affair based on the area of each continent and every little island in the seas. That these points legitimately exist at all is questionable.
Source: www.catchpenny.org...
From your plim site:

According to Professor Piazzi Smyth, multiplying the height of the Pyramid's 35th layer by 10 derives the distance of the earth from the sun.

What does "derives the distance" mean? Even ten times the height of the pyramid with cap does not equal anything like the distance to the top of the atmosphere, much less to the Sun. Perhaps they are referring to Grant Jeffrey's book Armageddon: Appointment With Destiny (1988) where he states:
"A small example of this data is that the height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun."
but:

What about Jeffery's claim that "height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun?" The height of the Great Pyramid is 485 feet:
Height of the pyramid times one billion = 91,856,061 miles
Distance of the earth from the sun = 92,960,000 miles
Okay, so what's a million miles or so? Astronomically, the numbers may be close, but is this similarity meaningful, or even interesting?
Source: Catchpenny site (link above)
from your site:

The base unit of measurement in the Pyramid's is 25.052 inches. The Pryamid's inch is 1.0025 of our regular inch. Each side of its base is 365.2422 cubits...
The number of days in a century (100 years) is 36,524 days and corresponds to the total inches valued in the Pyramid's perimeter.

This is wrong according to my calculator. Using the tortured units your site provides, I get a total of 36600.1903776 measured in "pyramid inches" and 36508.9180824 real, actual inches. Please note, I got these figures using the numbers quoted above, on the same webpage as the asserted perimeter correlation, not 7 lines of text between the two statements!

From your site:

The number Pi is the mathematical constant 3.1415, with the ratio of the diameter to the distance around the circle, called the circumference. In the pyramid it is the ratio of the height to twice the length of the base.

Also not true, as I laid out in an earlier post. But again:

To begin with, if you divide the base of the pyramid by exactly twice the height, and do not round off, you don't get pi, you get 3.1417254. A small difference, but essential. Further, a disciple of Piazzi Smyth, Flinders Petrie, who also measured Stonehenge, reports that one day he caught the master chipping at a granite wall of the royal antechamber, to make his sums work out
Source: Catchpenny site, linked above.
Regarding your assertions about the Ark and the coffer in the King's Chamber:

In addition, the cubit dimension of the inner chamber of the Temple, the Holy of Holies, are precisely identical in size to the King's Chamber in the Pyramid and the same volume as the molten sea of water on the Temple Mount as prepared by King Solomon. Since the Pyramid was built and sealed long before the days of Moses, when he built the Ark and the Holy of Holies, and had remained sealed for over twenty-five centuries until the ninth century after Christ, there is no natural explanation for the phenomenon of both structures having identical volume measurements. The coffer in the pyramid contains exact measurements representing tremendous scientific knowledge as does the entire Great Pyramid.

Is this information correct? Most readers of Jeffrey's book lack either the resources or the ambition to check out his data. Many people take such claims on faith, but let's check (the linear dimensions are given in inches and the volume in cubic inches):

Description Width Height Length Volume
The Ark 27.0 27.0 45.0 32,805
Coffer (inner) 26.8 34.4 78.1 72,002
Coffer (outer) 38.5 41.3 89.6 142,468
Laver* 56,115

*Described in I Kings 7:38 (one bath equals 6.073 gallons).

The Holy of Holies in the Temple measured 20 cubits by 20 cubits by 20 cubits (I Kings 6:20). Moses did not build his Holy of Holies in a Temple as Jeffrey implies, but in his Tabernacle (Moses' Holy of Holies measured 10 cubits by 10 cubits by 10 cubits).

Description Width Height Length Volume
Holy of Holies (Temple) 360 360 360 46,656,000
Holy of Holies (Tabernacle) 180 180 180 5,832,000
King's Chamber 206 229 412 19,435,688

The dimensions for the Holy of Holies and the King's Chamber are far from being "precisely identical" as Jeffrey asserts.

Lastday Prophet, go do some reading, you have not provided any "FACTS" whatsoever to prove anything.

I have given you numbers that appear in the Pyramid that completely refute your position.

I have here posted two links that provide some of the numbers, there are many more sites that confirm these numbers, do some reading before you run off your mouth without knowledge.

Harte

[edit on 1/15/2006 by Harte]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You are truly unlearned ODIUM,

These are "FACTS"

You can use a 20 inch Cubit in mearusing the Great Pyramid and you will find the number 144 several places, you can argue all you want about the 20 inch cubit, no one knows "Exactly" how long a cubit was. 20 is very close to a approximate 20.61 Royal Cubit. Even if you used feet, 480 x 12 inches = 5760 divide by 40 equals 144 this is a fact, not an assumption like the ones you use.

The Sphinx is 240 feet long, 240 x 12 inches equals 2880 inches which equals 20 x 144 another "FACT"

The Sphinx is 66 ft tall, 6 being the number of man, another "FACT"

The Great Pyramid was originally covered with 144,000 polished casing stones, this to is a "FACT"

There is no trick math here, simple calculations.

You continue to "LIE" and suggest I put up false numbers, the math speaks for itself.

You have offered NOTHING, I will no longer respond to your foolish suggestions. You lack common sense and are probably a child of 12, not worth a response from me.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
ok Lets have less of these insults, they do the thread no good what so ever,

Asala

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hello Lastday. You seem to have forgotten about me and my posts. Got any proof that Solomon's Israel occupied Giza? At all? Even for five minutes?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
...and where do you find a 20inch cubit?

Show me one...

Find where they use feet or inches in Egypt during this period?

The fact is, you can't show these things. You've rounded 20.61-20.63 down, which is wrong. That's not how you do it, here is a site that will help you out.

As for the casing stones, how do you know? Were you there? The fact one of your sites, here give a different [possible] number of stones. So which one is it?

As for me not displaying and "facts", here is where I mention several theories which go against what you have said. From people who have spent years studying it...ones with published books and not websites. :O

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
Hello Lastday. You seem to have forgotten about me and my posts. Got any proof that Solomon's Israel occupied Giza? At all? Even for five minutes?

Nah, about a page or two ago I posted a map...but we just forget that...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Harte, you don't know much either and your numbers are not accurate.
I do not agree with everything listed on those sites, but the numbers are accurate.

Concerning the Kings Chamber and the Coffer:

The coffer is 50 inches by 30 inches, that is the same size as the Ark Of The Covenant, which was 2 1/2 cubits by 1 1/2 cubits, using a 20 inch cubit that is 50 X 30 .

The Kings Chamber is 34 ft L x 17 ft W x 19 ft H
34 ft x 12 inches equals 408 inches. Divide by 20 inches(a cubit) and you get 20.4 cubits.

Here we see that the 2 Golden Cherubims wingspan equaled 20 cubits, which would be wall to wall in the Kings Chamber, just as quoted in the Bible.

2CH 3:11 And the wings of the cherubims were twenty CUBITS long: one wing of the one cherub was five CUBITS, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five CUBITS, reaching to the wing of the other cherub.

2CH 3:12 And one wing of the other cherub was five CUBITS, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was five CUBITS also, joining to the wing of the other cherub. (5+5 plus 5+5 = 20 cubits)

2CH 3:13 The wings of these cherubims spread themselves forth twenty CUBITS: and they stood on their feet, and their faces were inward

The fact that the Cherubims sat on top of the Ark says a lot, this answers the question as to the purpose of the Coffer.

The 2 Cherubims sat on top of the Coffer thus completing the "ARK OF THE COVENANT"

GOD left the Coffer there as proof, this is why it was placed there as the Great Pyramid was being built, so that it could not be removed.

It is not by chance that the Coffer sits in a room 34 ft/ 20 cubits long and that it is the same size as the Ark Of The Covenant.

None of you have yet to explain how the Egyptians could know the diameter of the earth or other numbers encoded into the Great Pyramid.
Unless you can show how they came about with these measurements, you cannot suggest they built it!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lastday, those numbers are again wrong as I have already posted.

Back, here. So yet again you are posting false information on this forum? You forget to point out the sizes are also different, inside and out by a fairly large "fraction".

You also do not know the exact size the Pyramid was with the casing stones on, so how do you do your maths? Your cubits are wrong, the BBC site I sent you for Year 3 Students shows that...

Edit:

Wait, which cubits do we use for the Ark? Is it still your Magic Made up 20inch cubit of divinity? [I named it for you...]

[edit on 15/1/2006 by Odium]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here we see that GOD revealed this information to King David and to King Solomon, the builder of "GOD'S HOUSE"

1CH 28:19 All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern.
20 And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

21 And, behold, the courses of the priests and the Levites, even they shall be with thee for all the service of the house of God: and there shall be with thee for all manner of workmanship every willing skilful man, for any manner of service: also the princes and all the people will be wholly at thy commandment

1CH 28:11 Then David gave to Solomon his son the PATTERN of the porch, and of the houses thereof(the three pyramids), and of the treasuries thereof, and of the upper chambers thereof, and of the inner parlours thereof, and of the place of the mercy seat

2 And the PATTERN of all that he had by the spirit, of the courts of the house of the LORD, and of all the chambers round about, of the treasuries of the house of God, and of the treasuries of the dedicated things:

Clearly we see who GOD showed the "PATTERN" for building his house.

I have backed up my info over and over, you people have provided nothing, such unlearned men.

If this was a typical building of that era, GOD would not have to show them anything, it was a building like none other.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Odium, you just like to argue, if you use feet, 480 it will still come out to a multiple of 144, 480 x 12 in = 2880 in which is 20 x 144, you certainly are hard of hearing.

Like I said 50 times, you or no one can explain how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth, this alone proves the theory that the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid is a deception.

What Part Don't You Understand ?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My pardons. I should realize sarcasm is difficult to detect when you do not know the poster.

Bad math aside, the origanal post puts forth an interesting theory. I think mine is just as interesting, and it has a bad guy! I could write a book on it as well as he can on his Solomon Great.

As nice and Dan Brown as mine is, and as hot a seller as his would be when he tells the world he received sight of the Great in it's full glory in a revelation from God, it wouldn't make either of our books TRUE.

The connections he try to show are way to loose, much like mine were intentionally loose. He tries to support his argument with math, but it doesn't add up. I did away with math because the whole things was a farce and I didn't want anyone to take it as an ACTUAL theory.

I was poking a little fun at Masons being brought into the thread, and that inspired me to put in my little farce of a Theory, to show that even something utterly impossible (well, I guess nothing is truely that) can sound just a bit possible.

One of the main faults used in the original thread was that the Great was the first pyramid, that all others in Egypt were merely bad copies built by inferior technology. Dating isn't exact, however a sure old/older/oldest (when objects are a few hundred years apart) can be shown with much certainty. If he wishes to back up the date of the Great, he must then do the same for all of the other (actually earlier) pryamids.

The math is horrible, and has been disproven. I won't even go there.

I admit, he has some sound principles. Solomon (if he existed as the texts say) could have easily afforded and created such a thing. I will concede he existed in that state, but the burden of that proof would still fall on the original poster (Last Day Prophet). He can not prove that. A great many figures in history were built up to be more than they were, and this could be the case here.

While ideas like this are good exercises of the mind and allow for open and free thinking, you must still tighten up the story for things to work and be accepted. He/She hasn't done that.

Now, since you have studied this almost as long as I have lived, what gives you the idea that the Great is the Oldest... or did I mistake your statement?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I really grow weary of the foolishness and lack of common sense displayed here.

I have to repeat the same thing over and over, just like talking to a bunch of teenagers.

I have said over and over again, it all boils down to this,

Either you believe the Bible or you don't.

For those that do it is crystal clear who built the Great Pyramid, the Bible shows how the blocks were moved, (on axled carts) How other supplies were brought to the site, ( King Solomon had a fleet of ships )

Why it was built, ( It is GOD's House ) and serves as a witness of the judgement of GOD to all that would rebell against him.

IIChron 2:4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual showbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

5 And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods.

6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

7 Send me now therefore a man cunning to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, and in iron, and in purple, and crimson, and blue, and that can skill to grave with the cunning men that are with me in Judah and in Jerusalem, whom David my father did provide.
8 Send me also cedar trees, fir trees, and algum trees, out of Lebanon: for I know that thy servants can skill to cut timber in Lebanon; and, behold, my servants shall be with thy servants,

9 Even to prepare me timber in abundance: for the house which I am about to build shall be wonderful great.

Even in his words, The Pyramid is a "GREAT WONDER"

It is prophecy written in stone.

The Bible tells how many workers and how many years it took to build ( 153,000+ workers and it took 20 years )

It tells why it became desolate ( because of the sins of King Solomons Son )

II Chron 7:11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD, and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the LORD, and in his own house, he prosperously effected.
12 And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
16 For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
17 And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
18 Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.

19 But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
20 Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight,

"AND will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations"
21 And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say,

Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
22 And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.

To this day we still ask that question, only we have taken the Lords part out, we ask of the Pyramid, what happened to this house and this land.

The Bible answers that of course.

The Bible answers almost every question concerning the Great Pyramid.

I have just given you the answers to the most puzzling.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join