It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The decline of religion and the last big push?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I was shocked, did you pay close attention to the lyrics,

Why were you shocked??? Is that song not sung at church services?

Do you think that video is of a unit or some mandatory gathering for the military?

I asked you what you thought that video was of.

There really isn't anything shocking about soldiers attending church I am very confused as to why you think that would be shocking. Were you not aware that bases have chaplains and services for those who are religious?

I imagine that in this day and age there are services for most religions within the US army although bieng English and not in the military it's just speculation. I hope this is the case.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Everything is just somebody's opinion and I personally appriciate yours.

I could write endlessly about this but I think if I could paraphrase what you said and correct me If I am wrong but

It's getting a bit fiesty out there.

a reply to: Floydshayvious

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Absolutely - glad I could resonate with ya'

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Do you think that video is of a unit or some mandatory gathering for the military?

There really isn't anything shocking about soldiers attending church I am very confused as to why you think that would be shocking. Were you not aware that bases have chaplains and services for those who are religious?

I imagine that in this day and age there are services for most religions within the US army although bieng English and not in the military it's just speculation. I hope this is the case.

Yup that is the case. That was either sunday service or some special service being held. Completely optional to soldiers to attend.

I am a bit confused as to why Stormdancer thinks it is so shocking that some soldiers chose to go to church services.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yup that is the case. That was either sunday service or some special service being held. Completely optional to soldiers to attend.

I am a bit confused as to why Stormdancer thinks it is so shocking that some soldiers chose to go to church services.

It was somewhat of an ambiguous comment. I am unsure as to weather they felt it was right or wrong?

I just assumed that some people are religious and some are not and that the military is no different. Hopefully they will come back and clarify the post.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You do not have to leave, the comments had no relation to the discussion anyway.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

I edited my comment...took out the "I'm done here" and stayed with it.

I wouldn't have left the discussion, anyhow, I just meant I was done debating with iSomeone because he/she doesn't use the same logic that I do, so it's impossible to have a rational discussion in that environment.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Celebrities for example, you don't see any of them going to church, do you?

Religion will not go away until science can proves that God doesn't exist.

Just like attempting to prove that leprechauns don't exist, trying to prove that a 'god' doesn't exist is never going to happen. It's not scientific discovery (or the lack thereof) that gives people the stimulus in order to believe in such creatures, it's merely part of the human condition. We're superstitious, easily scared and no one (no one healthy at least) wants to die. Religion (or the belief in a god) answers all the questions you might have, just as long as you don't think about it too much.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agree. Religion will not go away until science can proves that God doesn't exist.

not even then. giving religion proof of something it has thus far ignored on faith is the equivalent of giving a corpse diarrhea medication for its (former) pneumonia. if it was proven there was no god, they would soon return with scripture predicting that you would present proof and that its a lie.
edit on 25-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: nonspecific

It can be looked at in many ways, I found it interesting considering the times we are living in.

How Russians survived militant atheism to embrace God
www.csmonitor.com...

Pretty much fits the previous description of a poor, ignorant population being whipped up into a fervor of belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join