It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns Ukraine against implementing EU deal -letter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Putin warns Ukraine against implementing EU deal -letter

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Moscow will curtail Ukraine's access to vital Russian markets if Kiev implements any part of a trade agreement with the European Union, President Vladimir Putin warned in a letter, toughening his stance on a deal at the center of East-West tensions.

In a letter to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, seen by Reuters on Tuesday, Putin warned that even changing national legislation to prepare for the EU-Ukraine trade deal, known as the association agreement, would trigger an immediate response from Moscow.

"We still believe that only systemic adjustments of the Association Agreement, which take into account the full range of risks to Russian-Ukranian economic ties and to the whole Russian economy, will allow to retain existing trade and economic cooperation between the Russian Federation and Ukraine," Putin wrote in the letter, which is dated Sept. 17.

Putin did not go into detail about possible retaliation, but Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said last week he had signed an order to curb Ukrainian exporters' access to Russia. Those measures are yet to take effect.

Substantially raising Russian tariffs could mean 3 billion euros a year in lost business for Ukraine, which exports mainly steel, coal, chemicals and grains to Russia, EU diplomats say.

Specifically -

Putin wants three-way negotiations to amend the EU's accord with Kiev, which Russia says will hurt its own economy.

According to EU officials, Russia wants to remove more than 2,000 products eligible for duty-free access to the European Union, tearing up about a quarter of the agreement.

Russian companies are also concerned they will not be able to import into Ukraine after Ukraine adopts higher EU standards as part of its implementation of the pact.

Ukrainian companies will receive European technical help and funds to help adapt to EU regulations. But without some kind of agreement with the EU, Russia would have to put up its own funds to help its companies such as carmakers modernize and comply with EU standards.

Click link for remainder of article...

Where does Putin get off dictating to Ukraine on how Ukraine economy will work. Maybe if Russian companies updated themselves they would not need to threaten other nations with regards to Russia's own failings in Russia's markets.

Putin is demanding the agreement be changed so it wont affect Russia's economy. Russia is demanding over 2000 items be removed from the list in order to safeguard Russian products.

Putin - This is NOT the cold war anymore. Ukraine is not an SSR anymore and never will be again. How about you spend the time and energy on fixing Russia's economy instead of threatening other countries who wish to move into the 21st century.

Putin is telling Ukraine - Do what I want and how I want it and it better benefit Russia or else.

I am to the point now where I fully support Ukraine entering the EU as well as NATO. Its apparently the only way to protect these nations from a psychotic Putin.

ETA - Its not like the EU has not tried to work with Putin on this issue -
EU seeks compromise with Russia over Ukraine free-trade pact
edit on 23-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Where does Putin get off dictating to Ukraine on how Ukraine economy will work.

Putin is right about the EU deal and economy and the effects of the Euporean Union and its deals just look at the current stats of the Euporean Union.

Things arent looking that great. It seems another economic is around the corner.
The factors include.

-Western Euporean countries have not recovered. More mass unemployment rate keeps rising.
-Greece problems got worsen.
-Eastern Euporean countries whom are with the EU unemployment rate keeps rising debts keep growing.
-France getting worse, Spain worse.

But seems to me in your mind that everything in the west is fixed and things are just fine.

How about you spend the time and energy on fixing Russia's economy
Russia's economy is doing far better then America's or Europe's for that matter care to prove it me wrong? in fact Russia has no debts compared to your country which is America.

instead of threatening other countries who wish to move into the 21st century.
Oh you mean like Obama is doing to Syria and threats Russia? comical..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This idea is to comical.

I am to the point now where I fully support Ukraine entering the EU as well as NATO. Its apparently the only way to protect these nations from a psychotic Putin.

Of course you support Ukraine entering the EU as well as NATO. Judging how badly NATO's record is and how badly the EU is doing on the economy front.

NATO/OBAMA/NEOCONS/McCain are Psychotics.

There you go fixed it for you and now you see why i compared your talking memo points to McCain. Another thing if Putin was an Psychotic wouldn't he be already taking out several eastern countries by now?

Oh and an Psychotic is.

of, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Putin is right about the EU deal and economy and the effects of the Euporean Union and its deals just look at the current stats of the Euporean Union.

No, Putin is not right.

Things arent looking that great. It seems another economic is around the corner.
The factors include.

Ok.. for starters you are wrong about European mass unemployment -

-Western Euporean countries have not recovered. More mass unemployment rate keeps rising.

incorrect -

European Commission - Unemployment statistics

Eurostat estimates that 24.850 million men and women in the EU-28[1], of whom 18.409 million were in the euro area (EA-18)[2], were unemployed in July 2014. Compared with June 2014, the number of persons unemployed decreased by 41 000 in the EU-28 and remained nearly stable in the euro area. Compared with July 2013, unemployment fell by 1 634 000 in the EU-28 and by 725 000 in the euro area.

The euro area seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.5 % in July 2014, stable compared with June 2014 but down from 11.9 % in July 2013. The EU-28 unemployment rate was 10.2 % in July 2014, also stable compared with June 2014 but down from 10.9 % in July 2013.

-Greece problems got worsen.

Their unemployment hit 27% as of 2014 reporting.
They were able to write off old debt in exchange for the bailout, creating new debt that was issued in British currency. This was done so if Greece were to exit, they could not write off the EU debt by converting it into Greek currency.

It will take time to heal.

-Eastern Euporean countries whom are with the EU unemployment rate keeps rising debts keep growing.

You would be incorrect - Info below from source above.

-France getting worse, Spain worse.

From 2012 into 2013 -
* - Spain - Unemployment went from 24.6% to 26.1%
* - France - Unemployment went from 9.8% to 10.3%

Hardly the disaster you are trying to describe.

Russia's unemployment went from %5.5 in 2012 to 5.53% in 2013 to 6.2% for 2014 thus far. Using your logic Russia is having massive unemployment issues as well - better than Spain but worse than France.

The economic outlook for Russia is not the best either - Worldbank country Profile - Russia

But seems to me in your mind that everything in the west is fixed and things are just fine.

Please feel free to point out where I stated such thing in my post. once again you are making things up.

How about you spend the time and energy on fixing Russia's economy
Russia's economy is doing far better then America's or Europe's for that matter care to prove it me wrong? in fact Russia has no debts compared to your country which is America.

And you are wrong, once again -
Worldbank country profile - Russia - Monthly Economic Development

Russian Debt Clock
Economy of Russia overview
* - Current Russian debt makes up 8% of its GDP

Public debt
7.9% of GDP (2013 est.)
Revenues $469 billion (2012 est.)
Expenses $414 billion (2012 est.)

Credit rating
Standard & Poor's:
BBB (Domestic)
BBB- (Foreign)
BBB- (T&C Assessment)
Outlook: Negative

Moody's:
Baa1

Fitch:
BBB

Foreign reserves
$467.2 billion (1 June 2014)

instead of threatening other countries who wish to move into the 21st century.
Oh you mean like Obama is doing to Syria and threats Russia? comical..

Syria informed of US / Ally airstrikes

You mean where Syria stated they welcome international assistance in attacking ISIL?

It seems Russia and Iran are objecting to the US coalition while the Syrian President is ok with it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Of course you support Ukraine entering the EU as well as NATO. Judging how badly NATO's record is and how badly the EU is doing on the economy front.

NATO doing bad? How and where?

As for the EU economy feel free to see how wrong you are in the post above.

There you go fixed it for you and now you see why i compared your talking memo points to McCain. Another thing if Putin was an Psychotic wouldn't he be already taking out several eastern countries by now?

Like Georgia and Ukraine?
Like messing with the Baltic states?

Oh and an Psychotic is.

of, denoting, or suffering from a psychosis.

Which is what Putin is suffering.. thinking he runs the USSR and thinking its the cold war instead of the 21st century. Thinking he can dictate to a sovereign nation on how to run their economy in a manner that benefits Russia.

nice try though... Maybe next time you will give facts instead of make believe?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And in the end of your posts, you failed to address the issue of the article -

That Russia is attempting to dictate to Ukraine, a sovereign nation, how to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That Russia is attempting to dictate to Ukraine, a sovereign nation, how to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy.

Sounds very familiar...now what president was that again...that's right Yanukovych.

The same strong arm Putin pulled on Yanukovich about him signing the first EU deal, is the same thing he is trying here with Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Russia would have to put up its own funds ,,,,,,,,,,,why??

its not America,,the Russian Corporations Owners,,would have too modernize its Plants,,win for Russia, win for the workers,,
modernization is not a bad thing. Maybe Russian Government make the Wealthy Russian Corp. owners be more modern and competitive,,in other words "how about spending some $$$ around ,,Igor." for Mother Russian,,

Start here,,

1 45 Alisher Usmanov steel, telecom, investments 18.6
2 50 Mikhail Fridman oil, banking, telecom 17.7
3 51 Viktor Vekselberg oil, metals 17.1
4 68 Vladimir Lisin steel, transport 15.1
5 73 Leonid Mikhelson gas, chemicals 14.7
6 74 Vladimir Potanin metals 14.6
7 77 Gennady Timchenko oil & gas 14.4
8 89 Vagit Alekperov LUKoil 13.1
9 109 German Khan oil, banking, telecom 11.4
10 110 Sergey Galitsky retail 11.2
edit on 9/23/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The reason Putin is edgy is that some of the critical parts for the Russian nukes and other military systems actually come from Ukraine.

Which is a darn unfortunate and irritably itchy bitchy thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

guess they will just have too use there stockpile,,,wow,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I fail to see the Difference between Russia and the US in these issues. In fact this is business as usual for the US...on a Daily basis with no one lifting a finger against it.

But, as soon as Russia burps a little the World gets all righteous?

What am I missing here?

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That it is not the same thing and that Russia not only invaded Ukraine, but also annexed Crimea.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

so u get 1 american $ or 38 Russian Rubles,,, if i was an investor i would take 38 of something over one of something,,

everytime.

Cause its not like Russia is going too collapse,,if they cant get there IPOD 6,,,,
,,there built tougher,
when it comes too luxuries,,Russian wants and needs,, not the same as American wants and needs,,when it comes too there children.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Russia not only invaded Ukraine

i seen no Declaration of War,, by the U.N,,,poppycock.

an invation is a Declaration of War,,according to the U.N. Rules.

Maybe there busy with Ebola.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Except when you have 38 dollars you aren't going to buy something whose value is 1 dollar. Being its also illegal to invest money if you are not a Russia citizen it further erodes the spin you are trying to use. Its difficult to invest when there are sanctions in place.

A declaration of war does not emanate from the UN, it comes from the country doing the invading. Secondly if you check international law what Russia did is an invasion, regardless of how you desperately want to call it something its not.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

ya my bad on the U.N thing,,

ohh my appoligies,,,apperently the U.N is looking into IS.

"A U.N. investigation has found that ISIS forces are waging a campaign to instill fear, which includes amputations, public executions and whippings in their northern Syria stronghold"

Saturday, 30 August 2014

that was a month ago,,A U.N. investigation,, ohhhhhh,,
no report yet.

yeah i see what u mean,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

gee when the Swallows return too Capistrano,, thats an invasion as well,,but hey,,i guess ,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

gee when the Swallows return too Capistrano,, thats an invasion as well,,but hey,,i guess ,,

Anything on topic?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Now, are you going to post every little move of Russia in World war 3 forum ?

You need another section, may be called "Evil Putin" or something "Russia" .
I know that 90% ww3 can start from USA or Russia. But really, you are reporting every news headline like it is end of the world

On the other hand I see this headline

EU warns Russia not to use gas as weapon in Ukraine crisis

And interesting to note that Ukraine not even paying for gas lol. Do they expect unlimited free gas ?

Ukraine gas debt exceeds $5bn, no June payments made - Gazprom rt.com...
5 bln dollars is not chump change. They don't pay, and ask for reverse flow from western Europe and cry and cry ...
edit on 23-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join