It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns Ukraine against implementing EU deal -letter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
(Is it my imagination, or do the people who support Putin's ridiculous policies have only a tenuous grasp of economics?)

They have the same grasp as Putin and the former Soviet Union had. If Putin weren't so unpredictably dangerous this entire episode could very well have been a Monty Python movie.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm a little disappointed in this thread. It started off with the potential for a serious discussion and analysis of various possibilities, but it was side tracked by people who only have a desire to make Russia and Putin look decent. That's all well and good, but it's been displayed (and by the same people) many times before. It's trivial, off topic, designed to derail and ruin a discussion.

Xcathdra, I'm curious. Could this be a slight twist on Putin's conquest of Crimea and his ongoing invasion of Eastern Ukraine? By that I mean he started with stealing a piece of another country's land and is unwilling to risk going much further, so now he is trying to steal the country through political and economic means.

Obama has shown that Russia has months before he'll take any significant action, is that what Putin is counting on? And wouldn't he have to do it fairly quickly before we elect a president not quite so cowardly?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Putin has made comments several times now about ho quickly he could take the capitals of the countries surrounding Russia.

I believe his plan, when Yanukovych was removed, was to snag Crimea and then the south and east of Ukraine, which is Ukraine's industrial heart. It also gives Russia access to the resources in those areas, namely gas both on land and the sea.

When the "rebellion" in those areas did not go as planned, he shifted gears. He is doing all he can to achieve his goals, at least to himself and his advisors, in a "secret" or quiet manner. Every aggressive action Putin has taken has been blamed on some mythical action by Ukraine or the west.

He is trying everything he can to portray Ukraine as a threat to the Russian people to justify his actions internally. He remains in power because he has been able to pull the wool over the Russian peoples eyes. If that goes away Putins in trouble.

His interference in the EU agreement is evidence of that mindset of Putin's. He does not want to do what it takes to improve Russia's economy. Instead he wants the status quo, which is to force former SSR's to modify their economic policies to only benefit Russia's.

Russia is still demanding changes, even though the EU has met with Russia 3 different times on the very issues Putin is complaining about. They even went so far to as to find a way the agreement could work in Russia's favor. Instead of acknowledging that and working with it, they refuse and demand Ukraine make changes.

When Ukraine refuses, and they have, Putin will use it to continue his propaganda campaign against Ukraine.

I also think Putin will eventually complete their invasion of all of Ukraine relatively soon. they will use the mess in the middle east as a distraction. They have already started this in the UN by demanding Syria be removed from the UN topic sheet for the investigative groups of their WMD program. We just recently found out Syria has a wmd plant they failed to disclose.

Time is running out for Russia on Ukraine. The more time that goes by, the closer Ukraine is going to be to the EU, and from what we are seeing now, NATO membership.

Since Russia is taking a beating over the sanctions for their action against Ukraine, Russia is going to make sure Ukraine pays a heavy price for it. This is the very agreement Russia forced Yanukovych to abandon.

At least this is what I am seeing from Russia right now.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Dear Xcathdra,

Then if I'm reading you correctly, the controversy over this agreement will provide the excuse for Putin to take the entire country, claiming that it is the country's government which is somehow endangering Russia.

If I recall, we started putting sanctions on Russia about half a year ago. I don't remember one place in the last twenty years where sanctions have helped much. So Putin inflames this particular disagreement by screaming louder. He knows that our elections are two months away, and the party in power does want to be seen as aggressive.

Is there any way of preventing him from taking Ukraine? And, parenthetically, can't the several million government employees we have focus on more than one thing at a time?

I know people have been saying it's Bush's fault. I wonder if there will be the same cry, it's Obama's fault, when the next president faces a violent and explosive world, and a nearly completely destroyed economy.

All right, Putin gets Ukraine by default. Are the Baltics the next move? Is NATO completely worthless?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Putin is right about the EU deal and economy and the effects of the Euporean Union and its deals just look at the current stats of the Euporean Union.

No, Putin is not right.

Things arent looking that great. It seems another economic is around the corner.
The factors include.

Ok.. for starters you are wrong about European mass unemployment -

-Western Euporean countries have not recovered. More mass unemployment rate keeps rising.

incorrect -

European Commission - Unemployment statistics

Eurostat estimates that 24.850 million men and women in the EU-28[1], of whom 18.409 million were in the euro area (EA-18)[2], were unemployed in July 2014. Compared with June 2014, the number of persons unemployed decreased by 41 000 in the EU-28 and remained nearly stable in the euro area. Compared with July 2013, unemployment fell by 1 634 000 in the EU-28 and by 725 000 in the euro area.

The euro area seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.5 % in July 2014, stable compared with June 2014 but down from 11.9 % in July 2013. The EU-28 unemployment rate was 10.2 % in July 2014, also stable compared with June 2014 but down from 10.9 % in July 2013.

-Greece problems got worsen.

Their unemployment hit 27% as of 2014 reporting.
They were able to write off old debt in exchange for the bailout, creating new debt that was issued in British currency. This was done so if Greece were to exit, they could not write off the EU debt by converting it into Greek currency.

It will take time to heal.

-Eastern Euporean countries whom are with the EU unemployment rate keeps rising debts keep growing.

You would be incorrect - Info below from source above.

-France getting worse, Spain worse.

From 2012 into 2013 -
* - Spain - Unemployment went from 24.6% to 26.1%
* - France - Unemployment went from 9.8% to 10.3%

Hardly the disaster you are trying to describe.

Russia's unemployment went from %5.5 in 2012 to 5.53% in 2013 to 6.2% for 2014 thus far. Using your logic Russia is having massive unemployment issues as well - better than Spain but worse than France.

The economic outlook for Russia is not the best either - Worldbank country Profile - Russia

But seems to me in your mind that everything in the west is fixed and things are just fine.

Please feel free to point out where I stated such thing in my post. once again you are making things up.

How about you spend the time and energy on fixing Russia's economy
Russia's economy is doing far better then America's or Europe's for that matter care to prove it me wrong? in fact Russia has no debts compared to your country which is America.

And you are wrong, once again -
Worldbank country profile - Russia - Monthly Economic Development

Russian Debt Clock
Economy of Russia overview
* - Current Russian debt makes up 8% of its GDP

Public debt
7.9% of GDP (2013 est.)
Revenues $469 billion (2012 est.)
Expenses $414 billion (2012 est.)

Credit rating
Standard & Poor's:
BBB (Domestic)
BBB- (Foreign)
BBB- (T&C Assessment)
Outlook: Negative

Moody's:
Baa1

Fitch:
BBB

Foreign reserves
$467.2 billion (1 June 2014)

instead of threatening other countries who wish to move into the 21st century.
Oh you mean like Obama is doing to Syria and threats Russia? comical..

Syria informed of US / Ally airstrikes

You mean where Syria stated they welcome international assistance in attacking ISIL?

It seems Russia and Iran are objecting to the US coalition while the Syrian President is ok with it.

European Commission - Unemployment statistics

Ironic your citing the official European Commission Unemployment statistics which its own dont tell the whole picture of the Unemployment number in Europe.

And you are wrong, once again -

Citing World bank is like buying anything that the FED says to the general public. I love your desperate defending of EU on its jobless rate in here.

decreased by 41 000 in the EU-28 and remained nearly stable in the euro area. Compared with July 2013, unemployment fell by 1 634 000 in the EU-28 and by 725 000 in the euro area.

I am sure those have stayed very remained nearly stable in the euro area should we believe the failing EU.

It will take time to heal.
Oh i am sure maybe for the elites but things wouldn't be healing for the majority of the general European public as there is no recovery.

* - Current Russian debt makes up 8% of its GDP

America's debt is greater then Russia's debt as Russia debt is a debt free country compared to America nice try defending your country's debt.

You mean where Syria stated they welcome international assistance in attacking ISIL?

The Syrian minster didn't welcome airstrikes nor the coalition that your Obamaboy brought up into the fury.

The economic outlook for Russia is not the best either

Posting from worldbank is as if your posting articles or talking memo points from the IMF. Compared to the EU and America. Russia is doing far better with BRICS included

Hardly the disaster you are trying to describe.
Really? so what your saying a
26% Unemployment rate is an improvement in Spain?
10% Unemployment rate is an improvement in France is looking wonderful?

I have people and families in Europe and they are telling me how things are even in Italy, Greece i can see your being rather quiet defensive about it but thats not surprising really.

You would be incorrect - Info below from source above.
Cited from the EU official website no doubt.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In Response to Xcathdra on NATO doing badly.

NATO Cut & Run From Afghanistan

Cut and run in Afghanistan?

In Afghanistan the Taliban weren't even defeated as now they have other means of getting back the support and military power they had before the strikes or they just waiting for the right moment.

Afghanistan has no clear government other then a power shared government. In order to the fights betyween the different regional leaders of Afghanistan.
NATO had installed bases after the war in 2001 and in 2003 the exit by allied nations would also push out NATO/ALLIES out of Afghanistan.

Kosovo Thaci Behind Serb/Roma Organ Harvest
YellowHouse

With some recent new fresh evidence it seems that Thaci was behind the control of the Organ Harvest that was occurring at the Yellow house in Kosovo after the war.

The KLA members had threaten eye witness from going into the court.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: stirling

Come on, Ukraine is what is called in USA language classical "failed state" Their GDP/per capita is less $4k. In Russia it is $14k, also not that much but on par with Poland. Ukraine is much closer to Africa than EU.
EU can't feed country which is 10 times bigger Greece and 3 times poorer.

The manner in which Russia has dominated Ukraine's economy and foriegn policy its no wonder Ukraine's economy was in trouble. Now that they want to fix it, Russia is again going nuts trying to force Ukraine into taking an action that only benefits Russia.

Ukraine is not a failed state.

Russia on the other hand is heading in that direction courtesy of Putin.

Nice lie Russia didn't and hasn't dominated Ukraine's economy and foriegn policy unless you consider a NATO Puppet into Ukraine whats that called again?

Oh thats right thats not America or EU/NATO dominating Ukraine's economy and nor its foriegn policy like on this EU deal right?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

And in the end of your posts, you failed to address the issue of the article -

That Russia is attempting to dictate to Ukraine, a sovereign nation, how to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy.

Russia is attempting to dictate to Ukraine? this is laughable do you even read the article at all or just post it after you see PUTIN PUTIN on its title.

The one that is trying attempting to dictate to Ukraine, a sovereign nation has being NATO and America you Americans have no rights being in Ukraine neither your turkish Ottoman empire pals.

how to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy
Seems just how Obama is trying to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy onto Syria and Iran and of course other countries in the region.

What Putin says has wisdom compared that to your idiotic leaders in America.

Even today i had seen on CBC claiming and are pushing it what NATO is doing in Eastern Europe as prompting Security yet when NATO expansion starts pushing further into Eastern near Russia.

Thats no longer pushing security.

Thats western aggression agaisnt Russia and her interests into Europe
edit on 23-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
(Is it my imagination, or do the people who support Putin's ridiculous policies have only a tenuous grasp of economics?)

They have the same grasp as Putin and the former Soviet Union had. If Putin weren't so unpredictably dangerous this entire episode could very well have been a Monty Python movie.

Speaking of Labour Costs,,

en.censor.net.ua...

23.09.14 22:14

"Ukraine Introduces Labor Conscription
for Community Service in Wartime"

"The Ministry of Social Policy expands the list of persons subject to compulsory labor service."

Source:
en.censor.net.ua...

yup nothing like Compulsory Labour in the Ukraine,,,rings a bell.,,,

yeah real monty python stuff,,,

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Russia is attempting to dictate to Ukraine? this is laughable do you even read the article at all or just post it after you see PUTIN PUTIN on its title.

Telling a country that if you sign a deal with the EU RUssia will take action is attempting to dictate what a country does. Especially when it isn't his country.

The one that is trying attempting to dictate to Ukraine, a sovereign nation has being NATO and America you Americans have no rights being in Ukraine neither your turkish Ottoman empire pals.

And RUssia has all the right to be there? What gives them any right to even be in Ukraine?

Seems just how Obama is trying to conduct its internal and foreign affairs, and now apparently their economy onto Syria and Iran and of course other countries in the region.

What Putin says has wisdom compared that to your idiotic leaders in America.

You just can't seem to keep the Syrian conflict out can you? That is your fall back argument in every thread on Ukraine, and it's getting quite amusing at this point.

Russia has the finest minds running that country...oh wait that's just finest in their own minds.

Even today i had seen on CBC claiming and are pushing it what NATO is doing in Eastern Europe as prompting Security yet when NATO expansion starts pushing further into Eastern near Russia.

If RUssia would quoit trying to take over it's western neighbors that wouldn't happen now would it?

Thats western aggression agaisnt Russia and her interests into Europe

No that's countries asking for help because they don't want what happened in Ukraine to happen to them.

And the only interests that Europe has to Putin, is to keep sovereign nations from trading with them. Especially ex RUssian federation countries.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Both the US and Russia should leave the Ukraine alone, meaning that real elections should be held in order to choose a legitimate government.

As for Russia, I think that Putin watched and waited very patiently over the last 10 years, but it seems that we are getting to the point where the bear is getting angry - rightfully. Nato has no right to invite or even support Ukraine based on the agreement we all know about signed 30 years ago, and if someone is trying to tell me that there is no similarity and double standards regarding the Ukraine and Syria from the West - well, I wouldn't even go into a discussion.

And as much as I am "Pro Putin" or whatever you guys call people like me - I don't think Russia has any right dictating what the Ukraine has to sign - as well as the US and the EU have no rights too.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No that's countries asking for help because they don't want what happened in Ukraine to happen to them.

Really? nice deflecting though you do realize those same countries have being militarily occupied by America since the end of World War II?

If RUssia would quoit trying to take over it's western neighbors that wouldn't happen now would it?

I believe your stating the opposite of it why wont America/NATO would quit trying to take over eastern Europe that area isnt yours American nor your interests its clear why you want to take over eastern Europe and thats to dominated over Russia.

And RUssia has all the right to be there? What gives them any right to even be in Ukraine?
I will ask you Anti Slavic types rather the same question.

What Rights does America/NATO have all the right to be there? no European leaders asked America to be there unless you consider western puppet to be legit leaders.

What gives them any right to even be in Ukraine?

Without Russia there wouldn't be an Ukraine today as Ukrainians are Slavic. Therefore Slavic people have rights to defend there own.

The same given rights you Yankees allegedly have in order to bomb other countries. Although according to you and NeoCons which you are as well Ukrainians arent Slavic.

Rather but German.

Telling a country that if you sign a deal with the EU RUssia will take action is attempting to dictate what a country does. Especially when it isn't his country.

So when EU takes countries and forces them to have austerity thats not dictating? dont be naive.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Still waiting for evidence on this.

Ukraine president claims Russian vehicles that crossed border have been destroyed

President Petro Poroshenko tells David Cameron that forces have destroyed part of military convoy seen entering territory

Seems a month has passed with no further investigations into it your beloved Poroshenko claimed that he single handed had destroyed all of the Russian military aid convoy that entered Ukraine.

While Poroshenko didn't even allow the aid to enter for few days. This is the same type of corrupted leader you and your buddy are trying to defend.

Are you two Ukrainians? probably not if you arent Ukrainians you Americans have other important issues to worry about and thats the collapsing Euporean Union.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You just can't seem to keep the Syrian conflict out can you? That is your fall back argument in every thread on Ukraine, and it's getting quite amusing at this point. Russia has the finest minds running that country...oh wait that's just finest in their own minds.

The reason i keep posting about Syria cause i can clearer see your double speak when it comes down to other issues NeoCons have known to do this.

Russia has the finest minds running that country...oh wait that's just finest in their own minds.

So you favor the Wahhabi/Sunni Arab Regime Gulf states to take over Syria then?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The reason i keep posting about Syria cause i can clearer see your double speak when it comes down to other issues NeoCons have known to do this.

No, you keep posting about Syria because you think it makes NATO and its allies look bad. Also, you clearly know very little about European history, and what you do has been carefully filtered for ideological correctness.

So you favor the Wahhabi/Sunni Arab Regime Gulf states to take over Syria then?

No, I want a democratically elected secular government in Syria, but that isn't going to happen. That's why I oppose any further US or European involvement there. The Ummah has to get its house in order. Let the religious fanatics kill each other off and let the sane people pick up the pieces.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

President Petro Poroshenko tells David Cameron that forces have destroyed part of military convoy seen entering territory

Seems a month has passed with no further investigations into it your beloved Poroshenko claimed that he single handed had destroyed all of the Russian military aid convoy that entered Ukraine.

Where does he claim that "he single handed destroyed all of the Russian military aid convoy that entered Ukraine?" Please re-read your own source carefully:

Poroshenko did not claim to have done it himself, he did not claim that all of the convoy had been destroyed, and the implication is that the convoy had been seen in Ukraine but may have been leaving by the time the forces responded to it. If they were on the Russian side when they were destroyed, the Russians may have removed the wreckage to cover the incursion up, leaving no evidence.

While Poroshenko didn't even allow the aid to enter for few days. This is the same type of corrupted leader you and your buddy are trying to defend.

Because Putin refused to co-operate with the Red Cross. That is how corrupt the leader you are trying to defend is.

Are you two Ukrainians? probably not if you arent Ukrainians you Americans have other important issues to worry about and thats the collapsing Euporean Union.

As a matter of fact, my maternal grandmother was originally from Odessa. I have cousins in Kyiv, which is why I have zero toleration for Putin's lies and aggression and even less for those who defend him. Shouldn't you be turning your attention to the inevitable jihad between ISIL and the Islamic Republic? That's going to make the turmoil in Ukraine look like a lover's quarrel.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Like Israel has annexed more than half of Palestine with US Dollars...

So it's more a case of it's ok unless it's Russia...

And where in the OP was the Dictation?
He said sign it and we're pulling the plug in trade...
Which is equivalent to the bull# sanctions from the West...

You do know how much money Ukraine owes Russia for Gas don't you...
Quite a lot...

So now put the shoe on the other foot...
If Ukraine owed that much to the US & Kiev was sided with Russia, what do you expect the response would be?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Really? nice deflecting though you do realize those same countries have being militarily occupied by America since the end of World War II?

You do not seem to understand the difference between a military occupation and having troops based in a country. There are Russian military advisers in Cuba, Venezuela and Syria. Does that mean that Cuba, Venezuela and Syria are under Russian occupation?

I believe your stating the opposite of it why wont America/NATO would quit trying to take over eastern Europe that area isnt yours American nor your interests its clear why you want to take over eastern Europe and thats to dominated over Russia.

The area isn't Russia's either. Former Soviet satellites are voluntarily joining NATO to prevent the sort of thing that Russia is currently doing to Ukraine.

I will ask you Anti Slavic types rather the same question.

Being against Putin does not make one "anti-slavic." You cannot even begin to see how wrong you are. Where to start? If you must bring up ethnicity, be aware that Putin is not Slavic, he is clearly Rus. (Do your own research.) Furthermore, opposing a tyrant whose actions will lead the people of Russia to suffer and even die is extremely Philo-Russian.

What Rights does America/NATO have all the right to be there? no European leaders asked America to be there unless you consider western puppet to be legit leaders.

Clearly, you consider any government you do not approve of to be illegitimate puppets. So, is Assad an Iranian puppet?

Without Russia there wouldn't be an Ukraine today as Ukrainians are Slavic. Therefore Slavic people have rights to defend there own.

Very wrong. Without Kyiv, there would have been no Russia. The Rus are believed to have been a Viking people who settled in Kyiv and extended their culture and influence over much of what is now Russia. The Slavs are believed to be of Scythian origin. Their cultural heartland would eventually be Muscovy, which, over the course of the medieval period, would become the Russian Empire. It is this empire that Putin is attempting to rebuild.

The same given rights you Yankees allegedly have in order to bomb other countries. Although according to you and NeoCons which you are as well Ukrainians arent Slavic.

You are getting confused. The United States had no right to bomb Iraq, and it has no right to bomb Syria now.

Rather but German.

Yes, definitely confused.

So when EU takes countries and forces them to have austerity thats not dictating? dont be naive.

Membership in the EU is voluntary. If a country does not like what the European Central Bank suggests, it can ignore the recommendation or leave the Union. On the other hand, Vladimir Vladimirovitch telling another sovereign nation what it can or cannot do is dictatorship of the purest and most pernicious kind.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Like Israel has annexed more than half of Palestine with US Dollars...

So it's more a case of it's ok unless it's Russia...

No; it's not okay if Israel does it either. You seem to have the same hypocritical attitude you accuse others of.

And where in the OP was the Dictation?
He said sign it and we're pulling the plug in trade...
Which is equivalent to the bull# sanctions from the West...

Except that "the West" has not annexed part of Ukraine. The explicit threat was economic, the implicit threat is military. (And yes, "the West's" sanctions also imply eventual military action.)

You do know how much money Ukraine owes Russia for Gas don't you...
Quite a lot...

And Russia is trying to make it as difficult as possible for Ukraine to raise the cash it owes them through legitimate trade. Why is that, do you suppose?

So now put the shoe on the other foot...
If Ukraine owed that much to the US & Kiev was sided with Russia, what do you expect the response would be?

We would offer to forgive the debt if Kyiv changed sides. Do you suppose that is what Putin is trying to do? I do. The point is, Putin does not want Ukraine to be neutral, Putin wants Ukraine to at least be a satellite, if not a part of the Russian Federation altogether.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

No forcing a country not to sign it would be dictation...
This is a suggestion at worst...
Advice at its best...

What about the coalition strikes on Sovereign Syrian soil...?

You just can't seem to keep the Syrian conflict out can you? That is your fall back argument in every thread on Ukraine, and it's getting quite amusing at this point.

Convenient for you to ignore Syria is it?
Well it's a case of we can and you can't... So the US has no right to to speak up about Russia trying to destabilise and overthrow Ukraine when they're doing exactly the same in Syria to Assad!

And the only interests that Europe has to Putin, is to keep sovereign nations from trading with them. Especially ex RUssian federation countries.

So an obviously blatant admission of destabilisation...
Well done...
Basically an economical act of aggression and war...

How can you defend any side in this is what I find hilarious...
The Anti-Russian, Pro-West sentiment is as boring as Pro-Russian Anti-West bull#...
In turn that makes you and X boring seeing as it's always an anti-Russia thread with him/her and you're always a vocal supporter of this agenda!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join