It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns Ukraine against implementing EU deal -letter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Be careful in accepting the Ukraine so quickly, just a few years ago the Ukraine didn't want anything to do with the West or with NATO. If we back them now? Well it could mean a shooting war with a madman in control of nuclear weapons. Think this through.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sound to me like Mother Russia....has been bleeding the Ukraine for a long time....Now they want this to continue above all else.....
If the Russian economy, primarily a raw materials and energy supplier......looses the Ukrainian market...they wont be able to able to peddle their inferior goods to the hapless Ukies for exorbitant markups......
So Putin tries to strongarm them.....meh...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Caviet Emptor

a cornerstone of Business,

inferior goods to the hapless,,,doesnt seem morally right though,,right?

For instance,,,
Want to buy into Alibaba IPO? Caveat emptor
unquote.

edit on 9/23/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

And the value of everything lost in Crimea comes out to?

Secondly you are free to read or not read what I post. Constantly bitching about my posts does nothing for the debate. Please remain on topic.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Be careful in accepting the Ukraine so quickly, just a few years ago the Ukraine didn't want anything to do with the West or with NATO. If we back them now? Well it could mean a shooting war with a madman in control of nuclear weapons. Think this through.

Again not true...

Up until this year, when Yanukovych pulled his switch when Russia threatened them, they were dealing with the EU and NATO. Ukraine was offered NATO membership in 2010 and declined.

When Yanukovych reneged on the EU treaty this year, resulting in his impeachment, things between Ukraine and the EU were fine. They still are...

Russia is the one with issues regarding Ukraine and the EU and NATO.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Come on, Ukraine is what is called in USA language classical "failed state" Their GDP/per capita is less $4k. In Russia it is $14k, also not that much but on par with Poland. Ukraine is much closer to Africa than EU.
EU can't feed country which is 10 times bigger Greece and 3 times poorer.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

Caviet Emptor

That runs in both directions...

Russia can either move itself into the 21st century or can be left behind. that is the choice of the Russian people. The direction Ukraine goes is up to the Ukraine people.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Come on, Ukraine is what is called in USA language classical "failed state" Their GDP/per capita is less $4k. In Russia it is $14k, also not that much but on par with Poland. Ukraine is much closer to Africa than EU.
EU can't feed country which is 10 times bigger Greece and 3 times poorer.

The manner in which Russia has dominated Ukraine's economy and foriegn policy its no wonder Ukraine's economy was in trouble. Now that they want to fix it, Russia is again going nuts trying to force Ukraine into taking an action that only benefits Russia.

Ukraine is not a failed state.

Russia on the other hand is heading in that direction courtesy of Putin.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

EU and NATO.

so basically the standing ,,,European Union Army ,,is Nato,,

cause at one time E.U was not allowed to have a ,,,Standing European, Army/Airforce/Navy,, it was in the Charter.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Not on topic but I will correct your mistake.

NATO does not have a standing military (at least nothing that matters). Members of NATO forward their forces when NATO forces are needed.

They are not part of the EU.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not failed state ?

Economic disaster - check
Political instability ( Maidan revolutions) every 2-3 years - check
And now civil war - check.

What else do you need to call it "failed state " ?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You just described Russia.

and whats occurring in Ukraine is not a civil war. When the rebel forces are Russian its not civil - its a war.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Listen, Ukraine is doing exactly what Assad was doing in Syria, aka bombing their own civilian population. Over 1 mln refugees escaped to Russia.
Why the treatment is so different ?
USA is happily going to bomb Assad but not even one word of caution about Poroshenko bombing their own cities.

edit on 23-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Russian speaking,,u forgot the speaking part,, Ukrainian Born,, and Russian Speaking,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Russian speaking,,u forgot the speaking part,, Ukrainian Born,, and Russian Speaking,,

Putin and his Russian speaking / Ethnic Russian has nothing to do with whats occurring. Just as "ethnic German" had nothing to do with Hitlers plans.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Anything on topic? there are already threads discussing the bombings in Syria.

BUT - let me ask.. If Ukraine is bombing its own people, as Assad is doing, then whats the difference? Why is Russian protecting one and throwing a fit with the other? Not to mention Russia has done the same with Chechnya.

Back to topic.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

u loose u had to resort to Hitler.

Hitlers plans.just lame.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hitlers plans.just lame.

I think you meant lose.. Which means lost.. the other is something else

His plans / excuses / justifications are based on Hitlers plans. No amount of dismissal is going to change that on your part.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Hitlers plans.just lame.

I think you meant lose.. Which means lost.. the other is something else

His plans / excuses / justifications are based on Hitlers plans. No amount of dismissal is going to change that on your part.

your right i meant louse.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

so u get 1 american $ or 38 Russian Rubles,,, if i was an investor i would take 38 of something over one of something,,

everytime.

You drive a hard bargain, but I will reluctantly give you my 38 kopecks for your 1 ruble. (Is it my imagination, or do the people who support Putin's ridiculous policies have only a tenuous grasp of economics?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join