It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Bible would look like with Jesus's Words only

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Akragon

When all else fails, just call it a metaphor. Forget the context, forget the prophecies, just cherry pick your way to the politically correct truth. Reality doesnt work that way. You know what the truth is, you just wont admit it.

no...

When all else fails... attack your opponent instead of trying to see his side...

I do know the truth... And I've been trying to show it for almost five years on this forum...

and many have seen the light...

Jesus has no relation to the so called god of the OT... writers knew this in the past, and they were exterminated... and their writing was hidden or destroyed

And the same thing happened to those that opposed the trinity... exterminated...

In this age that god still rules the world, but has no power but what people give him... and hes losing the fight, which is why his world is getting worse by the day

that is the truth my friend

edit on 19-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Interesting note:

I think the best way to quote the verses of Jesus speaking is to start with John and then go through the other Gospels and fill in everything in between. The way The Gospel of John is written is very interesting. It starts with "in the beginning..." and immediately talks about The Divinity of Jesus Christ. The theology is very detailed and at the end, when Jesus is about to be Crucified, Jesus talks about Love a lot and how Love is self sacrifice and we should love others as he loved us.

You raise an interesting point Akragon. I noticed something interesting between John's Gospel, Letters, and The book of revelation (which that say was written by the same John).

John's Gospel and Letters speaks about "The Light", "Love", "The Spirit", "The World" (in a negative sense), "The Father", "The Son", The Son being One with The Father giving Light to us so that we may also be One and yet the book of revelation doesn't go into any of these things talked about by John.

Because Revelation was about the end days and the other John writings were about how the generations are to live in the last time.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

1 John 2:18 - Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Matthew 24:22 - And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

When all else fails... attack your opponent instead of trying to see his side...

When have you ever tried to see anyone elses side but your own? I didnt even address you in this thread, its always you pointing the finger at us. Anyone who quotes Paul, or draws a connection between Yehwah and Jesus, you instantly jump all over with your snide remarks.

You cant argue with literary context, and you cant argue with math. All you can do is filibuster.

Seriously, you are all talk, you should run for President, the media would just love you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
I KNOW the "Christian" side... why do you think I argue against it for the most part?

I present a counter argument to certain statements or bible quotes that relate Jesus to something he's not, and Christians get bent out of shape over it because it makes logical sense

I argue my points in context to the whole of the message as well... not just a verse or two cherry picked from different books and, or mashed together with the gospels... as anyone in a debate with your average Christian will see happen... though I will freely admit I can not argue math... which I've seen none of anyways...

Those metering pages you're on about mean nothing to me...

had to look up the definition of filibuster too... im not a politics guy

1.an action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly while not technically contravening the required procedures.

"it was defeated by a Senate filibuster in June"

synonyms: stonewalling, delaying tactics, procrastination, obstruction, temporizing

"many hours in committee are characterized by filibuster"

2. historical

a person engaging in unauthorized warfare against a foreign country.

verb

verb: filibuster; 3rd person present: filibusters; past tense: filibustered; past participle: filibustered; gerund or present participle: filibustering

1. act in an obstructive manner in a legislature, especially by speaking at inordinate length.

Doesn't sound like me either...LOL

I try to stick to short and sweet...

no need to take away from the message with walls O text... or endless bible quotes... pointless!

So again, you're just attacking because what im saying is logical...

where as Jesus = YHWH is not

By the way, how can I be anything but talk... this is a discussion forum

edit on 19-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Notice how people who follow yahweh act, they try to justify a god of jealousy even though a real God of Love would not be jealous (selfish emotion), they even try to make Jesus look as violent as their god. They see the obvious contradiction of God believing Perfect, Merciful and Love itself but try to justify their beliefs with something else and they hardly focus on the God is Love parts but focus on all of the god of destruction/selfishness/non-compassionate parts (yahweh)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Those metering pages you're on about mean nothing to me...

One sided indeed. You THINK you know Christianity, thats about as close to the truth as you get. For being so non-political, you are pretty good at cherry picking.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You're asking me to understand your math... while im simply asking you to understand YOUR OWN book...

I've been around Christianity my whole life...

that is why I left it in the first place... because of what it turns people into...

I know Christians... Not all, but most... They are soo NOT Christ like...

I know Christianity... it has little to nothing to do with what Jesus taught...

And the more you come at me the more you show my point...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Notice how arpgme waters down the Blood of Christ. You cannot have love without justice. Jesus died for our sins, out of love for the world. He will return, and execute justice upon all who have rejected His grace.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Notice how arpgme waters down the Blood of Christ. You cannot have love without justice. Jesus died for our sins, out of love for the world. He will return, and execute justice upon all who have rejected His grace.

Sounds like Paul to me...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The bible would be a flyer for a love-in, with a cheeky grab of she said-he said...be there or be square...

A99

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

It's interesting how followers of yahweh use 'justice' as a code-word for 'revenge'. True justice is doing unto others as you would have them do to you for that is God's Law and Prophets (Matthew 7:12). Justice is Equality to those who follow God, not revenge or destruction. Works are important. If you want to believe that your works mean nothing to God and are filthy rags just because a letter of Paul said so and that you must therefore accept Jesus as a human sacrifice, then that is your choice...

but we are told by Christ to let our light shine to glorify our Father in heaven with good deeds (Matthew 5:16) and to be merciful just as Our Father is merciful (Luke 6:36).
edit on 19-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I dislike how this issue brings such division between people... when Jesus made it quite clear...

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yea, I know what you mean. People cannot let go of their rituals and tradition so unfortunately, these belief systems which lack compassion and unfortunately effect others will continue to exist, instead of keeping everything simple and actually believing that God is Merciful and we should be merciful like him , like Christ taught us (Luke 6:35-36).

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I replied to the principle. When Jesus returns, He will take Eye for an Eye and Tooth for a Tooth.

He came first, to lay down His life for the world, so that those who accepted His sacrifice, would see the Father and escape judgement. When He returns, He will judge those who rejected Him.

He will not show mercy to those who reject Him to the death, He will burn them like chaff. Explain that, please.

I hope that one day you might see that what you've described above is an abusive psychopath view of God. Lets trade Husband or Father for Jesus above.

And you are the child or wife of this guy. Hey accept me or die! I'm going to burn you in a fire, while I watch you writhe in agony.

Please, Please, Please stop for one second. THAT IS NOT A GOD OF LOVE

My friend, search yourself. Put out the indoctrination of religion. Hear the Spirit of the Father, that is exactly like Jesus, as he said. "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

When Jesus talks about burning away chaff it is NOT speaking of Eternal Hell. He is speaking of the refining fires that remove the impurities, the dross, or chaff, or flesh(mind).

How did the Holy Spirit come on the disciples???? As tongues of fire. Watch for it, ready : "The Lord(Jesus) is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty" That was the down payment of the Spirit at Pentecost, which was foreshadowed by the receiving of the Law. Now the church has to wander through the wilderness for 40 years(40 weeks the time of human gestation), waiting for the redemption of the body, when all will be bathed in fire, and all impurities are removed. This takes place at the end of the 40 years/weeks (40 jubilees=2000 years=3rd Day from when he was placed in the ground), what happens then? The Sons of God are unveiled/revealed, born (all creation groans in labor pains for the revealing of the SonS)

1 Cor 3
12Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each man’s work will become evident; for the day(of the LORD) will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. 14If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

"our God is a consuming Fire"

The Lake of Fire is in the presence of the lamb and the Saints, and it was foreshadowed by the bronze laver.

"he makes his ministers flames of fire"

The burning bush, the fiery cloud,

the flaming sword, the eyes of fire

12For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

"When the Son has subjected all things unto himself, then he will subject himself to the Father, that God may be all in all." This is the outcome of the pouring out of the Fire, also known as the Pouring out of the Spirit. The flood of water killed like the letter, But the flood of the Spirit/Fire gives life.

Baptism of Fire:
AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says, ‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

This is post tongues of fire refining their view, would you like to see pre tongues of fire view of Gods fire?

53But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. 54When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?” 55But He turned and rebuked them, [and said, “You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; 56for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.”] And they went on to another village.

Love is not torturing your children for eternity. Love never fails. His mercy is new every morning.
edit on 19 9 2014 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

The other day, it occurred to me to make a leather bound Bible from just the book of John, 1,2,3 John and Revelation.

You do realize that the writer of the Gospel John is a different author than the writer of Revelations...or am I missing your point

en.wikipedia.org...

There may have been a single author for the gospel and the three epistles.[2] Some scholars conclude the author of the epistles was different from that of the gospel, although all four works probably originated from the same community.[8] The gospel and epistles traditionally and plausibly came from Ephesus, c. 90-110, although some scholars argue for an origin in Syria.[9]

In the case of Revelation, many modern scholars agree that it was written by a separate author, John of Patmos, c. 95 with some parts possibly dating to Nero's reign in the early 60s.[2][10]

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Akragon
There is no question that the so called God of the OT is not the Father whom Jesus speaks of... they can't even be compared in the slightest sense...

The 'god' of the Old Testament is night and day different from Jesus in the New Testament. Polar opposites. If the Abrahamic religions would dump the bronze age Old Testament mentality and instead listen to what Jesus said, the world would be much better off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Again, Jesus cannot be yhwh incarnate because yhwh is a false god since yhwh was already worshiped before the birth of Christ but no one knew The True Father until Jesus Christ taught them about him (Luke 10:22)

Jesus is Yehwah, not the Father. "Before Abraham, I AM." Jesus revealed the Father, no one knew the Father before Jesus told us. Before Jesus, there was the concept of Yehwah, and Elohim (unified plurality).

Yehwah = I AM (God).

Yehoshuahgh = Salvation is in God.

Jesus is Yehwah, and salvation is in Him.

Jehovah (Yehwah) means=The existing ONE

Learn the Hebrew original definitions.
www.biblestudytools.com...

The "I am" divine presence within is not singular but plural just like the Elohim all had the "I am".

That Jesus had the "I am" before Abraham and was on the higher levels instead of on earth do not really change the fact that Abraham did his part so that Jesus could do his and others after Jesus could do their part.
edit on 19-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The 'god' of the Old Testament is night and day different from Jesus in the New Testament. Polar opposites. If the Abrahamic religions would dump the bronze age Old Testament mentality and instead listen to what Jesus said, the world would be much better off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Absolutely

edit on 19/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Akragon
There is no question that the so called God of the OT is not the Father whom Jesus speaks of... they can't even be compared in the slightest sense...

Work in progress.
. As with math you have to start at one level and then add more knowledge when they get the level you have taught.

In math
First you teach people to add things up.
Then you teach them subtraction.
Then you teach them multiplication.
Then you teach them division.....

When the students is ready the teachers will appear.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

About the fire/flame.

Making them Starry Eyed.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join