It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Bible would look like with Jesus's Words only

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

"I am" implies, "I am the existing one." Its is a fitting definition.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho
Or crazy Zionists who claim that only they are the "chosen" and all others are to serve THEM, then use that to steal land, murder, and bomb the heck out of anyone they deem unfit to live amongst them. Yep. Carazy crazy indeed!
Who could even verify that Jesus said any of these things? That bible was written by men. Veeeery crazy men.
Just my 2

edit on 19-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

"I am" implies, "I am the existing one." Its is a fitting definition.

Yes but not the only existing one as elohim in genesis 1:26.

biblehub.com...

way-yō-mer ’ĕ-lō-hîm, na-‘ă-śeh ’ā-ḏām bə-ṣal-mê-nū kiḏ-mū-ṯê-nū; wə-yir-dū ḇiḏ-ḡaṯ hay-yām ū-ḇə-‘ō-wp̄ haš-šā-ma-yim, ū-ḇab-bə-hê-māh ū-ḇə-ḵāl hā-’ā-reṣ, ū-ḇə-ḵāl hā-re-meś hā-rō-mêś ‘al- hā-’ā-reṣ.

And said God (ĕ-lō-hîm) Let us make man in Our image according to Our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.

The drop is not the ocean even if it is a part of the ocean.
edit on 19-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

In John 8:58, Jesus said, "before Abraham, I AM (Ego eimi)".

In Exodus 3:14, Yehwah said, "I AM that I AM (ehyeh asher ehyeh)" and "tell them I AM (ehyeh) sent you".

Both 'ego eimi' (greek) and 'ehyeh' (hebrew) mean 'I am' or 'I exist', as in "I am John", which means "I exist as John". Neither 'ego eimi' nor 'ehyeh' imply plurality in any way, they just declare existance. Both words are used by common people as a method of introduction. By using "ehyeh asher ehyeh" Yehwah was implying He is God, by doubling the term "ehyeh".

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ah. My foul on that. I was not clear and meant to say the Johannine literature. I know the debates and reasoning of the authorship. I do some leather work, and one of the projects is to take my books and bind them in nice leather covers. Particularly, I am going to take all the writings of Paul soon and put them into one book. Of course, even the authorship of all his works are debated. As for John, my aim is to find out for myself. One of my endeavors is to never take my theology from others. I always research it for myself. Paul is one of my upcoming studies. So many people call him a false prophet, but I will not take it on the authority of anyone if I have not first done the research myself. The same goes for John.

With the Johannine literature, I want to put it all into one binding. I just ordered the names of God KJV Bible to divide the chapters into leather bound volumes by theme. I know, this seems like a lot of work, but I like to follow threads, mark documents with my own notes, then use them for reference later. When I am finished in a few years, I would like for all my ancient manuscripts and translations to be leather bound on my shelves. It's a hobby. So is the research. The aim is to find the common themes and thread if there is one. I will then leave my work for my kids. I just mentioned it as a passing thought.

edit on 19-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Particularly, I am going to take all the writings of Paul soon and put them into one book. Of course, even the authorship of all his works are debated.

Sure why not, whatever. Could be a new AlphaBet Bible for your new cult. Many have seen past the false religion propagated by Rome with the help of Paul.
edit on 12-10-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: clarity

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

By the way why do you change identities so often. You were SuperiorEd, then EnochWasIght...and now your AlephBet. Are you running from someone?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Like Jesus said, "You must be born again." All things are made new. Of course, from the first post to the last, I have been consistent. Truth is invariant.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
He may love you, but it won't stop him from throwing whoever sins against him in Gehenna, the trash dump of the universe. Hence all his parables about burning off the chaff.

Him making you reap what you sew has always been his motif all the way back to the OT times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join