It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Bible would look like with Jesus's Words only

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Many things Jesus said here are repeated multiple times throughout The Gospels, the multiples are not included here. There are many more parables not included here:

If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
(John 12:47)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
(John 6:63)

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(John 8:31-32)

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another.
(John 13:35)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend.
(John 15:13)

If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
(Mark 9:35)

All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
(Matthew 7:12)

They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
(Luke 5:31)

Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
(Matthew 12:25-26)

The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
(Luke 11:34-35)

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father and ye in me, and I in you.
(John 14:20)

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(Matthew 5:16)

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
(Matthew 5:14)

No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see light. For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
(Luke 8:16-17)

God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
(1 John 1:5)

He that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
(John 3:21)

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
(Matthew 7:1-2)

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
(Matthew 5:38-39)

Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
(Matthew 26:52)

Love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
(Matthew 6:36)

If ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
(Luke 6:32-33)

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
(Matthew 5:7)

It is more blessed to give than to receive.
(Acts 20:35)

Whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
(Matthew 23:12)

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
(John 12:24)

The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
(Matthew 13:32)

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
(Matthew 6:21)

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
(Mark 7:15)

Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.
(Mark 9:50)

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(Matthew 7:15-16)

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
(Luke 17:20-21)

Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scriptures cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
(John 10:34-36)

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
(Matthew 5:9)

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(John 14:27)

The main message repeated through The Gospel of Christ is the message of Love. Even if there are a few verses here or there that may contradict, such as, whether or not Jesus was crucified before or after the passover (John 19:14-16/Mark 14:12) or whether or not Jesus actually claim to bring Peace or a sword to disrupt peace (Matthew 26:51-52/Matthew 10:34), we can see that the message of Peace and Love is repeated over and over again all throughout the Four Gospels by Christ.

If treating others as we would like to be treated is God's Law and Prophets (Matthew 7:12) and if Jesus considers those who love one another to be his true friends and disciples (John 13:35/John 15:12/John 15:14) then it makes sense what we must do.

It is very interesting that once Jesus said that treating others like we'd like to be treated is The Law and Prophets (Matthew 7:12) that in the verse next verses he said that The Path is Narrow and leads to Life and there are few who find it, but wide is the path that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13-14) but for some reason many people do not see this simple truth.

If no one knows the Father except The Son (Jesus Christ) and whomever he chooses to reveal the Father to (Matthew 11:27), then what do you think of Jesus's Words only?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

We dont REALLY know that Jesus said all he is attributed with...or with the same language, phrasology and meanings. It was all re-hashed LATER by regular folks over and over again that He said this, He said that.

But there were no tape recorders to get it exact...or even to verify...or to even attest to how He said it EXACTLY...nor what meaning was intended.

SO....perhaps better to say...things He was ATTRIBUTED with saying, re-told and repeated by others, elsewhere, all around the world...and in many languages. Some of whats attributed to Him...maybe isnt His.

PS. Yes. I am a Christian. Just sayin', just sayin', Sweet Jesus I'm just wonderin" here!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Oh and another thing. The Bible wouldnt BE a Bible if it was just His words!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Jesus words only is certainly an interesting question, ex~

And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.Revelation1

And would definitely want someone to love me by telling the truth, especially with regard to eternal life and as with building up anything there are foundations first then so on and so forth so to speak

1 Peter 3 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit

Hebrews 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.John15

And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew28

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven Luke10

Revelation 21 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Revelation 22 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

edit on 18-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Bro you get it. If it does not look like Jesus it isn't God. It is the spirit of the sons of thunder(the thunder and lighting god of destruction).

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A very noticeable occurrence with any religion, is you have the original messianic figure who's teachings are usually pure and very distinct. And generations later you have hundreds of wanna-bees who write their own words into it so they can justify their actions of being the word of law unto the land.

And it goes and goes and goes until you have the Westboro Baptist Church claiming god is on their side while they persecute gay people and their families.

Or a crazy sect of Islam running into crowded areas with BBs strapped to their chest overtop a boom boom shirt.

Continue ad infinitum

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, reading what He said is what pulled my heart and spirit in childhood, and nothing in the old testament, at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Since Jesus proclaimed to be the Alpha/Omega, that basically means that the whole bible is His word.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Except John said that.... Not Jesus...

revelation wasn't Jesus...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Interesting note:

I think the best way to quote the verses of Jesus speaking is to start with John and then go through the other Gospels and fill in everything in between. The way The Gospel of John is written is very interesting. It starts with "in the beginning..." and immediately talks about The Divinity of Jesus Christ. The theology is very detailed and at the end, when Jesus is about to be Crucified, Jesus talks about Love a lot and how Love is self sacrifice and we should love others as he loved us.

You raise an interesting point Akragon. I noticed something interesting between John's Gospel, Letters, and The book of revelation (which that say was written by the same John).

John's Gospel and Letters speaks about "The Light", "Love", "The Spirit", "The World" (in a negative sense), "The Father", "The Son", The Son being One with The Father giving Light to us so that we may also be One and yet the book of revelation doesn't go into any of these things talked about by John.

edit on 18-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Keep telling yourself that. All of the scriptures are connected. None of them stand alone.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The other day, it occurred to me to make a leather bound Bible from just the book of John, 1,2,3 John and Revelation.

John 21
24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.

Who is the only disciple Jesus testifies about saying his words are true? Are there any others? Not sure. I'll need to check on that. I know many people do not like Paul. I also know the Gospel accounts do not seem to agree in places. This verse, to me, is very interesting. I am not sure. Too much to juggle in the mind at one time figuring it out.

You are right though, love is the one word we need. It's THE word.

edit on 18-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Keep telling yourself that. All of the scriptures are connected. None of them stand alone.

Oh I will... and I'll keep telling everyone else who might listen as well...

Revelation is NOT Jesus...

And the gospels stand on their own without the assistance of any other book... especially the OT

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yeah, well you have wild assumptions, and I have mathematical evidence. Which do you think has the stronger foundation. Dont build your house on sand buddy.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh right..

your metred hepatic structure... have fun with that

Good to know you consider the words of your savior to be a foundation of sand LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

The other day, it occurred to me to make a leather bound Bible from just the book of John, 1,2,3 John and Revelation.

John 21
24 This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.

Who is the only disciple Jesus testifies about saying his words are true? Are there any others? Not sure. I'll need to check on that. I know many people do not like Paul. I also know the Gospel accounts do not seem to agree in places. This verse, to me, is very interesting. I am not sure. Too much to juggle in the mind at one time figuring it out.

You are right though, love is the one word we need. It's THE word.

There a different kind of loves. The one Jesus achieved with god was the oneness (called one by Jesus).

"I and the Father are one."

It is the connection between two beings where both being have a hard time knowing where one ends and the other one begins.

Similar concept below where people who marry become ONE flesh. There is a reason Jesus choose to use the word one all over the gospel.

AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

At least Ive taken it upon myself to count the hebrew syllables. I can speak from a position of experience. You recycle gnostic/new age propaganda. How many times have you contributed to the grand deception? The bible is the word of Yehosuahgh. To take the gospels away from the bible is to take His words out of context. You dont need the "meter thingy" to know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

LOL

No you relied on previous research on the subject like Ivan panin, and Mr Metzger... and im pretty sure both their "research" papers have been debunked long ago...

You can bash away at what I use as much as you like... It still makes a lot more sense then the average Christian argument... especially those that believe the entire bible is the "word of God"

Anyone with an inch of critical thinking can see the OT is nothing of God...

but again... have fun with your belief system

edit on 18-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

How does this:

Deuteronomy 19:21
Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Agree with this:

Matthew 5:39
"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

========

And how does this from the old testament:

Isaiah 45:22-23
"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

Agree with this verse from the new testament, much later when Jesus was born:

Luke 10:22
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Either yahweh/jehovah is God and there is no need for Jesus since he already revealed himself. Or Jesus told the truth when he said that He is The Son of The Father and no one knows The Father except for The Son and who HE chooses to reveal The Father to.
edit on 18-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I already told you, Panin and Metzger counted letters, not syllables. You cant make a comparison there. The gospels used the same metering as the OT and NT. You cant escape that fact.

www.brainout.net...

This is the meter map for Isaiah. Its a web page.

www.brainout.net...

www.brainout.net...

This is the meter map for Luke and Revelation. Sorry, not a webpages, but downloadable.

You can compare the three.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join