It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Bible would look like with Jesus's Words only

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When you consider the apostles wrote their "gospels" decades and more after they died.....it gives real hope for eternal life hey?..................give me a break.......(disgusted smiley)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Now IF the OT and the gospels held the same message you might have an argument... but they don't as demonstrated by our OP

And from what im seeing on that site you're still relying on other peoples so called research... unless of course that is your website...

SO... You found a website that you seem to believe proves that the bible is the inerrant word of God, as opposed to just reading the book and finding the abundant issues within it...

Sound familiar?

Well no it wouldn't to you, but I call that a typical Christian...

Anyways I can only open the first one of those links... Perhaps you can post those "maps" so everyone can see what you're talking about?

Heres one....

edit on 18-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I like the quotes from Jesus but I think Donald Shimoda was way better

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Mathematical patterns (a very common thing in nature and writing) doesn't actually show if something is inspired by The Spirit.

Jesus told us that The Father is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked, and that if we are merciful then we are his children and we should be merciful like him (Luke 6:35-36)

This is already showing a difference between yahweh/jehovah and The Spirit/Father of The New Testament.

But there is more...

Jesus said that he did not come to be served but to serve (Luke 6:35) and The Son does what The Father does (John 5:19).

This is a huge difference because the old testament god yahweh/jehovah because he is self-serving and jealous.

And as Jesus said before, He is the way to The Father (John 14:6) and no one knows The Father unless Jesus The Son chooses to reveal Him to others (Luke 10:22), therefore who people thought was God previously, yahweh/jehovah from the old testament is NOT the true God.
edit on 18-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Very cute. Lets try this.

Matt 24:38For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 “Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.

When Jesus.returns, He is going to kill alot of people.

Matt 3:11 “As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 “His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

On the Day of the Lord, the evil will die. That sounds pretty OT to me. Just read the OT Day of the Lord prophecies.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That's another thing.... how do you people try to turn Jesus into a psychopath like this OT God?

it just doesn't work man...

Those to verses say nothing about Jesus returning to kill people... that's nothing more then a skewed and twisted version of what it actually means...

You realise a good portion of the gospels are metaphorical... right?

edit on 18-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You didn't actually respond to any of my points such as...

The contradiction between being told to show no pity and live by an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth by the so called perfect eternal god yahweh, meanwhile Jesus who was sent from The True God - The Father told us not to live like that but to have mercy and turn the other cheek.
(Deuteronomy 19:21 /Matthew 5:39 )

neither did you respond to...

Jesus only doing what The Father does (John 5:19), who came to serve others instead of being served (Luke 6:35) meanwhile yahweh/jehovah is self-serving and jealous.

Nor it is a response to...

how Jesus said that He - The Son is the way to The Father (John 14:6) and that no one knows The Father except to those He chooses to reveal them to (Luke 10:22).

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Im posting from a phone, my computer hasnt worked almost 2 years, so I can only do webpages and pdf's.

The website is not mine, but the information is accurate, Ive found the same technique in Zephaniah. It discusses the Day of the Lord, which is repeated by Jesus and Revelation, as I have shown in my reply to arpgme. The OT messages are repeated by Jesus.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Fair enough...

the issue is the personality and character of these two entities which are supposedly ONE...

Again, you make Jesus a psychopath like the OT God...

There is no question that the so called God of the OT is not the Father whom Jesus speaks of... they can't even be compared in the slightest sense...

So it doesn't matter what mathematical formula you use... It doesn't add up...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I replied to the principle. When Jesus returns, He will take Eye for an Eye and Tooth for a Tooth.

He came first, to lay down His life for the world, so that those who accepted His sacrifice, would see the Father and escape judgement. When He returns, He will judge those who rejected Him.

He will not show mercy to those who reject Him to the death, He will burn them like chaff. Explain that, please.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Ok, so lets not talk math right now. Why does Jesus say that He will return to wipe people away like a flood, and burn them up like chaff? Why will He take one, and leave the other? Because Jesus is YHWH incarnate.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

So in other words, you admit it is a contradiction. There is a huge difference between the understanding of God which Christ brought through those verses and what you are describing.

EDIT:

Again, Jesus cannot be yhwh incarnate because yhwh is a false god since yhwh was already worshiped before the birth of Christ but no one knew The True Father until Jesus Christ taught them about him (Luke 10:22)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No, you are saying they contradict. I am saying that Yehwah and Yehoshuahgh (Jesus) are the same.

Yehwah was protecting the messianic bloodline for His future incarnation. Jesus was mercifull in His First Advent, He will not be in His Second. Jesus is proclaiming mercy before jugdement. For those who reject mercy, there is judgement.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well first he doesn't say he's coming back... He already came back... 3 days after he was executed apparently...

You hang the entire idea of him returning on one, maybe two verses in the entire chapter... where he says "the son of man" which doesn't necessarily refer to him returning to this wretched place...

Second... as I've already stated, a good portion of the gospels are based around allegorical and metaphorical statements which can mean multiple things...

John the Baptist said HE will baptise with Fire... but you don't read about Jesus dunking people's heads in a fire pit do you?

When you take allegorical and metaphorical statements literally... you end up with the usual Christian idea that Jesus is coming back to reign hellfire on the world... which is just wrong....

And no... Jesus and Yahoo have nothing in common

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

No, you are saying they contradict. I am saying that Yehwah and Yehoshuahgh (Jesus) are the same.

I know what you are saying. I'm telling you that this cannot be true because yhwh is a false god since yhwh was already worshiped before the birth of Christ but no one knew The True Father until Jesus Christ taught them about him (Luke 10:22)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Again, Jesus cannot be yhwh incarnate because yhwh is a false god since yhwh was already worshiped before the birth of Christ but no one knew The True Father until Jesus Christ taught them about him (Luke 10:22)

Jesus is Yehwah, not the Father. "Before Abraham, I AM." Jesus revealed the Father, no one knew the Father before Jesus told us. Before Jesus, there was the concept of Yehwah, and Elohim (unified plurality).

Yehwah = I AM (God).

Yehoshuahgh = Salvation is in God.

Jesus is Yehwah, and salvation is in Him.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yet again, you hang your entire belief system on a single verse...

try looking at the whole picture the gospels paint...

this is the same as saying... Well Thomas called Jesus God... so he must be God...

its insanity!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Jesus is Yehwah, not the Father. "

I don't agree with your statement that Jesus is yahweh (based on the reasons I've already given which you could not debunk), but finally you admit that yahweh is NOT The Father.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

When all else fails, just call it a metaphor. Forget the context, forget the prophecies, just cherry pick your way to the politically correct truth. Reality doesnt work that way. You know what the truth is, you just wont admit it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

When all else fails, just call it a metaphor.

When all else fails, rely on Love since God is Love (1 John 4:8) and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God (1 John 4:7), but of course if you do not follow God you will rely on another one - probably a jealous one named yhwh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join