It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Face, Voice, and Tattoos Are the FBI's Business Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The FBI announced this week that the massive database system it had been building for eight years, pulling together stores of biometric information on millions of people, is at "full operational capacity."

The Next Generation Identification (NGI) system is a vast, centralized surveillance tool — and the stuff of totalitarian dystopia: fingerprint databases, iris scan details, more than 50 million images used for facial recognition (a.k.a. "faceprints"), and the capacity to hoard information of individualizing details like gait, voice pattern, and tattoos. Yet aside from a flurry of pained press releases from privacy groups and civil libertarians, the news of Big Brother's ascension was met not with a yell but a whimper.

Your Face, Voice, and Tattoos Are the FBI's Business Now

Link to FBI NGI about page
EPIC FOIA - FBI Says 20% Error Rate Okay for Facial Recognition:

So once again Signals gets a big boost while HUMINT continues to be pushed into the background.
Look in this day and age I can see why a system like this is needed... but come on...a 20% error?

"Sorry about shooting you in the back like that... you know the 20% +- can really mess up your whole day..Your not bleeding all that much... just walk it off buddy."

Anyway, to give you some idea of how intrusive this will be...

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is developing a biometric identification database program called "Next Generation Identification" (NGI). When completed, the NGI system will be the largest biometric database in the world. The vast majority of records contained in the NGI database will be of US citizens. The NGI biometric identifiers will include fingerprints, iris scans, DNA profiles, voice identification profiles, palm prints, and photographs. The system will include facial recognition capabilities to analyze collected images. Millions of individuals who are neither criminals nor suspects will be included in the database. Many of these individuals will be unaware that their images and other biometric identifiers are being captured. Drivers license photos and other biometric records collected by civil service agencies could be added to the system. The NGI system could be integrated with other surveillance technology, such as Trapwire, that would enable real-time image-matching of live feeds from CCTV surveillance cameras. The Department of Homeland Security has expended hundreds of millions of dollars to establish state and local surveillance systems, including CCTV cameras that record the routine activities of millions of individuals. There are an estimated 30 million surveillance cameras in the United States. The NGI system will be integrated with CCTV cameras operated by public agencies and private entities.

A number of state DMVs already have facial recognition technology and some of those state DMVs allow law enforcement access to their photo databases. FBI is seeking to expand its access to as many DMV databases as possible.

Don't think your safe if you don't live in a blue state either... in May of 2014 the Senate Judiciary Committee had a Hearing on FBI to Consider Drones, Facial Recognition...You know for those people who don't get captured on CCTV daily.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) believes that the FBI will have 4.3 million noncriminal photographs of civilians (e.g., employment identification) out of a pool of 52 million mugshots by 2015, The Wire reported Tuesday.

More on this in the WT

I think Big Brother Just died and was replaced by Big Momma!!!!
edit on 18-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To add a bit more it's not just the Government that's watching ya...
many private firms offer kind of the same stuff.

TrapWire

Ever since WikiLeaks began releasing a series of documents about the surveillance system Trapwire, there’s been a panicked outcry over this supposedly all-seeing, revolutionary spy network. In fact, there are any number of companies that say they comb through video feeds or suspicious activity reports in largely the same way that Trapwire claims to do. What’s truly extraordinary about Trapwire was how it was marketed by the private intelligence firm Stratfor, whose internal e-mails WikiLeaks exposed.

The documents show Stratfor being less than straight with its clients, using temporary jobs in government to set up Trapwire contracts, and calling it all a “wet dream.” In their e-mails, executives at Stratfor may have been hyping up a surveillance technology. But what they really did was provide reconnaissance on the $25 billion world of intelligence-for-hire that’s ordinarily hidden from public view. In this case, the sunlight isn’t particularly flattering.

read Trapwire: It’s Not the Surveillance, It’s the Sleaze

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I predicted that NGI's use would expand past law enforcementt

3) The number and kinds of problems to be solved by this system will be increased until it handles your credit, employment and medical records.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The NGI database will be used for both law enforcement and non-law enforcement purposes. It will be available to law enforcement agencies at the local, state, and federal level. But it will also be available to private entities, unrelated to a law enforcement agency.
epic.org...

The private entities part is new.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

The way things are going before long you wont even need to fill out a resume or employment app.
companies will access one of these big DB and look up everything there is to know about you from why you really left your last job to what brand of diapers your momma put you in...

BTW this topic might be a tad.... Scary... even for a ATS... Maybe we should talk about puppies instead...Cute little puppies... with collar cams and hidden mics in their leashes.. Bahawhahaha...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I think most of ATS has missed the point about governmental power. Most of them seem to think powerful government is OK as long as they get to run it.

Like they will ever get to run it.

Blind spot as big as reality.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I got it... I'll change my thread to.... 'Sky-Net 'is real' and here come the Terminators!...

It's not that far of a stretch... we got the omnipotent network up and running... now we just need the robots and rouge AI program... yup 1/3 of the way there.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yeah, no fog of war for Skynet. It knows your heart rate and EGK the whole time its running you down for show. A horror show to keep the peeps in line.

If a shooting revolution is needed, it will have to happen before 2020, or it never will happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You know, I was wondering why this thread didn't take off like I though it would...
This is like Epic, Orwellian, What we've been warning about for decades...

But when you think about it... the average Joe will probably just shrug it off with a,
"Weren't they always doing that kind of stuff?"

oops...We better lower our voices before we wake the Sheeple...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Frightening news for certain. The ability to choose to identify oneself represents in my opinion a foundation of personal freedom. I am referring to the ability we all possess (for the time being) to be anonymous in public, recognizable only by those who know us, until we choose to provide our name or ID either in the process of introducing ourselves or for official state or business purposes. Could a day arrive when we are identified from the moment we leave our homes until we return to them? What about a state of technology where in order to legally pass in public one must be identified at all times?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

when they announce NGI is at "full operational capacity." they basically said Privacy is dead.

What about a state of technology where in order to legally pass in public one must be identified at all times?

that's what this is... and when combined with TrapWire a computer program that decides what is "suspicious activity" your ability to move freely and anonymously are over!

now that I think about it... given access to your cell and webcams able to spy on you via x-box... your not even free when your at home...

On the up side...FBI Says 20% Error Rate Okay for Facial Recognition... means you got an 80% chance of not being shoot...today...we'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Having real time information is essential to control.

If the Germans knew that D-Day was in Normandy, D-Day would have been smashed on the beach.

Right now they know what you watch on TV and what you buy. When they can see how you feel, by body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure, respiration rate etc... and where you go, and compare it to any other group of people that they also know, they will be able to "read your mind" at some percentage.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Fifth Element when the police scan the woman's face to identify her.

Amazing how the future doesn't develop upon its own accord, it's written well in advance.

As a society we were taught that robots, flying cars, artificial intelligence were the future.

This is another example of how our destinies are written in stone and we had absolutely no say in what's carved.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Time to get plastic surgery on the face, colored eye contacts, wear gloves everywhere, and speak like Batman. lol
edit on 18-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

You know, I was wondering why this thread didn't take off like I though it would...
This is like Epic, Orwellian, What we've been warning about for decades...

But when you think about it... the average Joe will probably just shrug it off with a,
"Weren't they always doing that kind of stuff?"

oops...We better lower our voices before we wake the Sheeple...

Great avatar - On topic. " The average Joe will probably just shrug it off..........."

Without question ! Unfortunately even if one is aware, as are many on ATS

what the hell can we do about these continual assaults ? I believe the answer is

nothing. Vote ? well perhaps locally it may have some effect ( RMGO success in getting State legislators unseated for supporting unconstitutional gun laws ) Nationally I simply

do not trust the electoral process or the cretins running the show. Congress is either

blind, ignorant ( unacceptable ) or in complete agreement with the agencies actions.

Most people, as you suggest, are willfully ignorant or in Henry K's opinion " Useless eaters "

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Terminator warned you.
Matrix warned you.
Soylent Green warned you.
Network warned you.
Farenheit 451 LAYED IT OUT FOR YOU.

And instead of embracing the multicultural Star Trek future, people went with the predominately white Star Wars dark side here.

There will be no revolution, and it definitely will not be televised.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

To be fair they make it really hard to learn about this stuff...
I checked and ATS rarely speaks about the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC)

NCTC serves as the primary organization in the United States Government for integrating and analyzing all intelligence pertaining to counterterrorism

as in they intercept cellphones and email traffic probably this web site too... run it through a super computer and if anything comes up on their keywords list it gets turned over to a field agent who'll no doubt want a home visit...

I'd tell you more but someone's knocking at me door... Oops!

edit on 18-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
♩ ♪ Ohhh he's making a list
Checking it twice
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice
Santa Claus is coming to town ♫ ♬

top topics

join