It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witcher 3 anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Who else is looking forward to Witcher 3 next year? I enjoyed Witcher 2, never played the first one though. I'd go so far as to say this one will be the next Skyrim in terms of enjoyability and exploration.

Witcher 3 gameplay

Notice how the city loads seamlessly despite how much content is in it. I notice a bit of an FPS drop when he first rides in, but that may be due to recording or still being in production. The game looks very polished even at this early stage, and will hopefully wash the bad taste that Destiny left out of my mouth.

My body (and my PC) is ready.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

I loved Skyrim, loved it so much I broke the game(alchemy, smithing, enchanting)!
This looks very promising because the one thing that frustrated me about Skyrim were all the damn loading screens. Boy did they PO me after a while.

Will keep my eye's open for this one.(reminds me a lot of the assassins creed series)
Also even more then a Skyrim type game, want to see a Fallout 3 type brought into the next gen spotlight. As far as games go Fallout 3 has been the one that forever holds my interest. Just can't get enough of the reckless 1st person free for all shooter it is. But given it's another Bethesda game, it has the same damn loading screen issues. I really hope they solve that or at least limit the time to a few seconds.

Add: Could get the video link to work unless I signed in, I hope this is the same video:

edit on 9/18/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've not played other Witcher games, but after seeing this a good while back, I'm definitely interested. It looks incredible.

...Still waiting for Fallout 4 announcement....

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is actually one on my list, along with fable legends, and the new LOTR game too.

I'll say I've never played the previous witchers, but this one looks really good. And I love to escape in vast fantasy world games.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Witcher 2 was a great game and the dialog between the dwarfs when one wasn't drinking as he had a date later and he couldn't perform as he should do when drunk . Another's said in colourful language I couldn't type here "just tie a carrot to it"

Yeah looks good witcher 2 was great but were boxed in unlike skyrim and I like open worlds to explore rather than main quests

Will be getting the next version when it comes out,looks fantastic

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Add: Could get the video link to work unless I signed in, I hope this is the same video:

Looks like it, yeah. Couldn't get the embed to work on my end for some reason though. The one thing I didn't like about Witcher 2 was the lack of open world exploration. They seem to have rectified this issue in the third. Already got mine pre ordered on steam.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The Witcher 3 looks like it's going to awesome , I though the Whitcher 2 was a great game and will replay it before Feb to get ready for 3.
I'm glad CD Projekt RED pushed it back to next year as it will give them time to make the best Whitcher they can and give me time to build a new PC to play it at it's best , Geralt of Rivia is the Dude.

edit on 18-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The Witcher 3 looks like it's going to awesome , I though the Whitcher 2 was a great game and will replay it before Feb to get ready for 3.
I'm glad CD Projekt RED pushed pushed it back to next year as it will give them time to make the best Whitcher they can and give me time to build a new PC to play it at it's best , Geralt of Rivia is the Dude.

For sure! I named a Guild Wars 2 character after him and have worn Geralt Minecraft skins in the past. I could have sworn there were mentions of a customization option for him in the third, though they may have done away with that by now.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I bloody loved Skyrim and I am looking forward to Witcher 3 very much. But the next 6 months are looking so good for games i'm spoiled for choice.

Witcher 3, GTA 5 (PS4 version, Not played it yet on any console), Final Fantasy 15, The Order 1886, No Mans Sky.

oh god how I can't wait for No Man's Sky!!!

The list goes on.

Hell I even want to re-ignite my WoW account just for the new expansion in November but I haven't decided if i'm prepared to start up the subscription again.

Witcher 3 is definitely on my list I am excited for it.

I picked up Destiny last week but am so disappointed with it I honestly cant see where all that $500,000,000 went the game is tiny. Marketing I imagine.

My girlfriend loves it but I have only just got her into gaming since we moved in together 3 months ago so she doesn't really know anything outside of call of duty (which she also loves)

But for a "Huge online social gaming experience" Destiny is tiny with no bloody player communication and the only experience I have is of repeating the same crap over and over and over with no rewards.

Bungie said it was going to be a 10 year project. But my copy will gather dust when those other games on my list come out.
edit on 1839Thursday392014-09-18T10:39:18-05:003918 9 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo

I picked up Destiny last week but am so disappointed with it I honestly cant see where all that $500,000,000 went the game is tiny. Marketing I imagine.

No Man's Sky looks pretty neat. Reminds me of Starbound. GTA was really fun on PS3 for me. Plenty of depth to the player stories and the interactions they have with one another, both in and out of the story missions. They were spot on with pretty much everything in that game. In regards to the $500 million budget, I think that's been denounced as an old rumor. Bungie officially announced this wasn't the case, although with the amount of marketing they did, that could very well be true, not to mention the multiple platforms it's out for. I couldn't believe it myself, considering for instance Skyrim, which was made with $8-14 million.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus

No Man's Sky looks pretty neat. Reminds me of Starbound. GTA was really fun on PS3 for me. Plenty of depth to the player stories and the interactions they have with one another, both in and out of the story missions. They were spot on with pretty much everything in that game. In regards to the $500 million budget, I think that's been denounced as an old rumor. Bungie officially announced this wasn't the case, although with the amount of marketing they did, that could very well be true, not to mention the multiple platforms it's out for. I couldn't believe it myself, considering for instance Skyrim, which was made with $8-14 million.

Yes I cant wait for GTA5 I've heard very good things and I held out on buying it for my 360 so I could get it on PS4.

Destiny was a big let down in almost all aspects. Size, story, customization, social and communication, even the voice acting sucked.

It was fun to play for the first 3 days. But that is not what I expect from a game with an apparent 10 year life expectancy. (according to Bungie)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Destiny was a big let down in almost all aspects. Size, story, customization, social and communication, even the voice acting sucked.

It was fun to play for the first 3 days. But that is not what I expect from a game with an apparent 10 year life expectancy. (according to Bungie)

I agree on that, and did a lot of complaining on the Destiny thread here. I have a feeling their life expectancy is going to be primarily through DLC...which is gonna kill the game if they don't do something to allow non DLC buyers to join in on the fun. Splitting a community in two is never a good idea. As a side note, I should probably get my PS3 upgraded soon.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Septimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've never played any of the Witcher games but this looks good. Is anyone else excited for Dragon Age 3?

There are two other projects I've got on my radar. One is Pillars of Eternity which is Obsidian's new fantasy RPG world. The other is Torment: Tides of Numenera.

Skyrim was great (I'm still playing it) but for me it lacked the story line and suporting characters that made games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights so enjoyable. Hopefully one of these titles will hit the mark and give us some great story telling with modern day graphics and playability.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

I bloody loved Skyrim and I am looking forward to Witcher 3 very much. But the next 6 months are looking so good for games i'm spoiled for choice.

Same here, never played any of the witcher games but this one looks promising.

Loved Skyrim so I hope this one lives up to the hype and is better than Skyrim

oh god how I can't wait for No Man's Sky!!!

from how its described I am salivating at the idea of exploring for what was it 3 billion years to explore all the planets.

GTA 5 (PS4 version, Not played it yet on any console)

Well you like games I like or am interesting in trying so all I will say is you will at least, the very least a 100 hours of game play, getting a 100% to see a few easter eggs placed in the game might even add more hours of fun.

That is just the story mode then you get online and .......

All I can say that GTA 5 on the old consoles created a world that helped me almost completely detach from this reality and immerse myself into the virtual world created, cant wait for the next gen version.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Haven't played any Dragon Age games, though they do look interesting. Just don't have the amount of time I used to with a full time job to thoroughly enjoy lots of in depth games like those. Oh, to be unemployed and miserable again.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Im am absolutely excited for Witcher 3. Most of the big games that have came out this year have been very underwhelming (Destiny got dull really fast, Watchdogs came and went rapidly, etc...) so Im hoping the beginning of 2015 starts off big with the Witcher 3.

I didnt play Witcher 1 but I was just playing Witcher 2 the other week, and it's still an awesome game. Fantasy sword fighting, monsters, etc.... I love these kinds of games. Im also somewhat excited for the new LOTR game, Shadow of Mordor.

Another game in the somewhat same genre that im looking forward to, is Kingdom Come : Deliverance. There's not a whole lot out there about this game yet, and alpha access is supposed to be coming late this month/early next month. It's set in the year about 1400 in Medieval Europe. No monsters though, just straight up medieval combat in a supposedly huge map.

edit on 18-9-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Love Bethesda games... Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout (3 and New Vegas)... open sandbox play with detailed worlds to explore... the best.

This looks veeery interesting... thanks, very much, for the tip! The scenery is amazing... the engine must be something... if there's details to tweak and things to find... then sunlight may become a distant memory.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I would be excited for Mordor, but the LotR series seems pretty played out to me. Last good one I enjoyed was Third Age, and that was years ago. However, I think it would be great to be able to explore Middle Earth in a non-linear way. Seems like the game LotR has been missing for quite some time. It feels just a little out of place though, being separate from the canon events of the main story. I suppose third age did that an then some though

Kingom Come looks really interesting. Never really been a fan of medieval sims, but the open field combat looks quite good. Maybe they can pair it with oculus rift for even more straw to butt wiping action.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I love all RPGS. No matter the type. PC-Console, Real time-Turn Based. I have played both Witcher one and two. I also love the Elder Scroll games and all the Fallout games. I can not wait for Witcher 3. This is going to be the game that makes me go out and buy a PS4 or Xbox One.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

20% larger world than Skyrim had from what I've read, 85 million budget. I'm confident sunlight will no longer be a concern.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join