It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Luck Scotland ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
On this the eve of the historic vote for scottish independence .. Good luck and hope its an overwhelming yes vote in favour of independence .. its long overdue and scotland deserves to be free ..

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I hope the overwhelming majority of those eligible to vote in Scotland vote no. Vote for what is right for the UK and don't believe the SNP lies.
edit on 17-9-2014 by cyberheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I really, really hope we do too Expat. A chance to say 'no' to wars and weapons of mass destruction, a chance for equality and free education for future generations, a chance to not only keep, but build on the NHS, a chance to shape our own destiny.

It means a lot to know that you wish us all well with this - here's hoping.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The original 13 colonies did pretty good without Britain. Maybe Scotland deserves a change to sink or swim.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberheater
I hope the overwhelming majority of those eligible to vote in Scotland vote no. Vote for what is right for the UK and don't believe the SNP lies.

If you don't live in Scotland.... why care?
Just let the people decide man.
It's not about the SNP, they may not even be government anyway... it's about independence (well, kind of, still have to join EU, Nato and whatever else) but they'll be free from Westminster and never have another Tory Government.

It wont be easy and it may end up going tits up.... but at least they tried.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
William Wallace be like, all we had to do was ask? Why did i get disemboweled then!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I too wish them well.....The Scots are a hardy people...im sure they be just fine.....
Perhaps its time for Northern Ireland to get a vote as well....?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ultimately, it is the Scotts themselves to decide. I am not one. But, I hope like anything else, they vote for independence. Such a fantastic nation and folks, who really rightfully deserve owning power to decide their ways from now on. And what a fantastic history and major innovators they've had - all the reason to be proud and in an independent Scotland. And I know, they will fare well which ever way their people will cast their vote tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I do live in Scotland, so does my wife and my children. Which is why I care.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The young nation of Scotland will start off far, far less wealthy than the former region of Scotland. Stability is what hurts economies in this age of Keynesian economics.

I wish them well. I really do. But don't hold much hope for a road that isn't extraordinarily hard for the next decade.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

its long overdue and scotland deserves to be free ..

Please tell me how Scotland isn't free right now.

As part of the United Kingdom Scotland has security of their economy , outside of the United Kingdom Scotland is a small country with no currency or seat at the European table , a yes vote will be a massive gamble and I believe a mistake that Scotland will regret.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The vote will be NO. Scotland is not yet ready for the independence: it's banking sector is bigger compared to GDP than of Iceland before it collapsed, it's business are preparing to move to London and Scotish debt is too high to deal with alone. Currency is just another big problem. I think it will be a big NO in the end.

But good luck to both sides

edit on 17-9-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I believe the Scottish people would never vote to continue to live under the thumb of Westminster and the Queen. Never!

It will be a yes vote and it will be an overwhelming yes vote.

The media is lying when they say it's a close call -- they hope it's a close call so that the vote can be manipulated.

Vote yes Scotland and be an example to us all!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Let's hope for an overwhelming No majority.

I have faith common sense and reason will prevail!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I believe the Scottish people would never vote to continue to live under the thumb of Westminster and the Queen. Never!

It's my understanding they want to ditch Westminster but keep the Queen.

The media is lying when they say it's a close call

The media are reporting the findings of the polling companies who are reporting the opinion of the people polled.

Vote yes Scotland and be an example to us all!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

....and scotland deserves to be free ..

Scotland is free, or at least as free as any of us are, otherwise they wouldn't be having this vote would they?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

wait...they have no problem with the tyrant. Its the tyrants dogs that bother them?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This has inspired me. I want an independent Ohio. Free from Federal tyranny. Do you think they would just let us vote to leave? I didn't think so either.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

.... Perhaps its time for Northern Ireland to get a vote as well....?

I'm sure that if there was ample support in Ulster for a referendum then one would take place.

Interestingly, since The Northern Irish Assembly was re-assembled in 2007 support for continuing as a constituent part of the UK within the Catholic community in Northern Ireland has been steadily growing.

The last time I looked into it in any detail, about a year or so ago I think, I'm sure overall support in Ulster for the UK was around the 75% - 85% mark.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Please tell me how Scotland isn't free right now.
As part of the United Kingdom Scotland has security of their economy , outside of the United Kingdom Scotland is a small country with no currency or seat at the European table , a yes vote will be a massive gamble and I believe a mistake that Scotland will regret.

Hmmnn.... Could be a case for vote in haste and repent at leisure??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join