It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Luck Scotland ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
On this the eve of the historic vote for scottish independence .. Good luck and hope its an overwhelming yes vote in favour of independence .. its long overdue and scotland deserves to be free ..

I've never met a Scot who identified in any way with being a British subject.

Yes, Expat888, they deserve to be free.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
To the naysayers out there .. there are many former crown colonies / parts of the uk doing very well since independence .. among them singapore .. hk .. malaysia .. australia .. bahamas ..
With luck they will stay out of the eu and nato after independence as well dont need to get stuck in those messes .. also good no loger get dragged into the americans mass murder for profit illegal/immoral wars ..

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This has inspired me. I want an independent Ohio. Free from Federal tyranny. Do you think they would just let us vote to leave? I didn't think so either.

That happened once. A few states to the south of Ohio once decided to split.

Lincoln didn't offer them the choice to vote.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

To the naysayers out there .. there are many former crown colonies / parts of the uk doing very well since independence .. among them singapore .. hk .. malaysia .. australia .. bahamas ..
With luck they will stay out of the eu and nato after independence as well dont need to get stuck in those messes .. also good no loger get dragged into the americans mass murder for profit illegal/immoral wars ..

I can see a set up going on with the banker's and the pound we might wake up and see it go from £1= $1.63 to a $1 overnight ,what strikes me as strange is Scotland will get to leave the u.k yet no one would give a vote on being in the E.U when this has been the thing that has the people up in arms .

It matters little who is in charge either side of the country / i would not trust them with the children they have form and lot's of it .

And seem to forget that you should not serve 2 masters ,lie to the people about war's sell state assets for peanuts

Yet Salmond want's to bow down to Europe as soon as he is in power

But i will still vote yes in 5 hrs time

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Best of luck! Don't get sucked into the EU(and friends) and be careful of opposition who might try to cause issues after the fact such as with banking.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: gortex
wait...they have no problem with the tyrant. Its the tyrants dogs that bother them?

Correct.
Alex Salmond is selling a fantasy , he wants independence but wants to keep the monarch , keep the pound and keep open borders , even though he's been told different he believes Scotland will be accepted into the EU as an independent country because they were part of the UK when in reality they will be blocked by Spain who have their own nationalists to worry about.

Salmond has been heavy on rhetoric and light on actual specifics , if the Scottish people buy into his flawed vision it will prove to be a mistake there will be no going back on.

I have faith that the majority of Scots will use their heads and not buy into the fantasy that has been spun by the SNP , a No vote is the way forward.

edit on 18-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think Alex Salmond from what I've seen, is a liar and a snake oil salesman, no better than any other London/British Parliament politician, but this is about more than that.
I think the Scots should go for it, forge their own path.
At least the people are being allowed to decide, which is excellent in itself.
The US should have some referenda too.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well. I voted No. My wife voted No. All of our immediate family voted no and most of my friends voted no.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Because it affects the rest of us considerably: queenie won't get such a big allowance from the tax pocket because no scotland any more. The land owned by the English in scotland will be in a foreign country and balmoral, where cameral was made to face her for this huge debunkle would be in scottish hands, not english. Just affecting the queen and all her lands and a part of her wealth - do you think that only concerns the scots.

Do you realise that without Scotland the UK or whats left of it wont be such a huge powerful force entitled to the top table in politicis any more - which is what I want. It will loose a huge number of its 'cannon fodder' troops so its army and fighting capability will be compromised - you can't have scotttish once scotland is a free country in england's armed forces - simples.

I do believe that everyone in the UK has the right to be free of westminster and its dire policies purely to benefit the elite.

However, its irrelevant because the postal votes, which presumably are the only ones they can fix, unless they enter a lot of people twice or import a lot of 'scottish' voters, will be fixed to favour the NO vote. Scotland won't be allowed to leave queenie and rothschild will see to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

If they are not "free" at present, how come today they get to vote on if they want to be in the Union or not? Sounds like they are free to choose, no?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yeah where else in the world would people have the chance to become independant with a simple vote?

What happened when the Southern states of the USA wanted independance for example? You know the "land of the free" and all that bollocks.

People of the UK are the most privilaged people in the world, including the Scots.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I was born in Scotland and identify myself as British.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
get this watched
Glasgow last night and the yes rally party

yes rally live

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thank god it's a NO. Feck you Salmon you slimy git.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberheater

Funny .. for a bootlicking slave of the state you dont sound to happy that you still have your master.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberheater

Funny .. for a bootlicking slave of the state you dont sound to happy that you still have your master.

That's a bit much dude. You dont seem to like someone making a free choice and having an opinion on how their country is run... you know a lot of folk really, really dislike Alex Salmond; even "yes" voters.

Do you have a dog in this fight? Just wondering why you would slag cyberheater off so nastily.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Oh well... irrelevant now isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join