It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government Likely to Respond to Ebola Pandemic with Military Force, Martial Law and Forced Vacc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jesus......all they have to do is collect a couple bodies , put them in bags and drop them on times square at rush hour...pretty simple really......
But whos gonna handle the bodies?
Perhaps theres no volunteers available who want to go to Allah that way, with their every orifice bleeding....

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

'Natural news', is not NEWS. It's a website that sells stuff.

This is at the end of the 'article'. ... "Learn all these details and more at the FREE online Pandemic Preparedness course at www.BioDefense.com " That page links to more scaremongering and advice from Natural news.

It's not a new thing for governments to have procedures in place for the next pandemic, this is a scare mongering opinion piece and natural news want everyone to buy the stuff they advertise.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who said there is no vaccine? Do you really think ebola has not been militaries and a vaccine made? a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I went to my local VA today and the place was packed with the VA giving free flu shots. So packed that I couldn't find a place to park and had to reschedule my appointment. Now I have a no-show on my record even though I was only five minutes late.

There is a small conspiracy side of me that says a lot of these old Vets will start dying off in a couple of months.
edit on 16-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealjohndoe

Is it really any different with so many of the other life threatening illnesses out there? How many contagious diseases are out there that could easily be used against a population? I don't believe for one second that the government doesn't have a hand in it somehow.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

America is filthy. Touch any public surface. Use a public restroom, a train, a cab.

Walk down the streets and see garbage, pools of urine.

Unhygienic workers who don't wash hands, don't call in sick because it could mean less pay or loss of employment.

Shared paperwork, the mail system.

I know Ebola isn't supposed to be the global killer but it's a very real threat.

America isn't as clean and healthy as we'd like to think. A population can live on only so much Red Bull, coffee, little sleep, sugar, toxic food for so long before the immune system says "I can't do this anymore, I have no support."

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

America is not filthy, statistically we have been able to stay pretty clear from the latest diseases affecting the rest of the world, take the influenza in 2009, America was actually unscathed, Ebola has been around for decades, US until this day have not had a death from any ebola in the nation, Filthy we are not

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ok great.

So what would you do? Carry on as business as normal?

If ordered to stay at home would you disobey?

If orders to stay clear of certain hot zones would you disobey?

What the government to do?

Are you really saying in a pandemic type emergency its ok to let infected ones just run around the states free without being picked up?

Come on you smartarses if the gubberments pandemic plans are so awful and evil what are your bright ideas?

O and PS natural news is a POS news source and wouldn't trust them if they said the sky was blue !
edit on 16-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Japanese have a vaccine for this, of course we won't be buying one here that they know will work. We will have to buy one that has not been tested properly. One made by our Pharma companies under their own patents.

Give our Pharma companies a break, they need free test subjects to test out ideas on. So what if a million people have problems because the vaccine doesn't work, they can cover that up saying it mutated just like they do now.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They'll just reinstate FEMA's 1962 Executive Orders:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

archives.gov
edit on 16-9-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Can I have source on the vaccines. I don't believe it yet and ZMapp is not a vaccine and several people who have used it have died.

Seems like a vaccine would be front news.

Unless they are infecting people with ebola reston as a vaccine as I suggested (even though it may have been tried and i dont know if it would work, just an idea).
edit on 16-9-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

America is not filthy, statistically we have been able to stay pretty clear from the latest diseases affecting the rest of the world, take the influenza in 2009, America was actually unscathed, Ebola has been around for decades, US until this day have not had a death from any ebola in the nation, Filthy we are not

Us hasn't had an ebola case because the reservoir animal is in Africa. If we imported African fruitbats and they thrived here it might be a different story. Also, until this day? Did an American with Ebola die here today?
edit on 16-9-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealjohndoe

They generally don't work on vaccines for disease as rare as Ebola, plus it's an old and difficult disease.

I have considered the best case for a vaccine would be infecting people with ebola reston (the strain that doesn't hurt humans but infects them). Don't know if that would work, but it would be like small pox treated with cow pox. Rreally I don't know though.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Ya forgot money...

Money is actually crawling with bacteria and other such things. Gives a new term to the "Filthy Rich" don't it?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: creation7

This

Hmm, I beg to differ, the modern US medical field has been substantially eliminating contagions since the mid 20th century. at a not too distant past upwards of 40% of our population mortality wasn't from age related illnesses but contagious disease.
TB is only one example, I chose it because I am a TB survivor. I was 1 of 5 people that had TB in 1977. I was 3 years old at the time and contracted it from a family friend who had returned from southeast asia after he had left vietnam. he did not know he had contracted it until he was here in the US living in our household. we were both treated by the cdc free of charge to our families and are survivors.

was a whole world ago!

edit on Rpm91614v30201400000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I think this is one of the pre-human trial vaccines:

Challenge of mice with a lethal dose of mouse-adapted EBOV (MA-EBOV) at 6.5 and 9 months after vaccination provided complete protection, and 80% (12 of 15 survivors) protection at 12 months after vaccination. Challenge of guinea pigs with a lethal dose of guinea pig-adapted EBOV (GA-EBOV) at 7, 12 and 18 months after vaccination resulted in 83% (5 of 6 survivors) at 7 months after vaccination, and 100% survival at 12 and 18 months after vaccination. 

Immunization with vesicular stomatitis virus vaccine expressing the Ebola glycoprotein provides sustained long-term protection in rodents

I will see if I can find the other. Do believe that they had moved on to NHPs with the other vaccine.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

The testing serum was given to the two Americans, they recuperated, a third one is in stable condition, they all got infected in Africa.

The government is asking along with the funding for the 3000 thousand Soldiers that will be deploy to Liberia money for the vaccine.

They have about a dozen different vaccines in development

The first two American aid workers infected by Ebola – Dr Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol – have recovered since being flown to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for treatment.

Dr Phil Smith, medical director of the Omaha unit, said a team of 35 doctors, nurses and other medical staffers will provide Sacra with basic care, including ensuring he is hydrated and keeping his vital signs stable.

The team is discussing experimental treatments, including using blood serum from a patient who has recovered from Ebola, Smith said. There are no licensed drugs or vaccines for the disease, but about half a dozen are in development.

www.cbsnews.com...

The National Institutes of Health will begin testing an experimental Ebola vaccine in people as early as September, the NIH announced Thursday.

The federal agency has been working on the Ebola vaccine over the last few years and says it has seen positive results when testing it on primates.

www.cnn.com...

The administration is asking Congress to provide another $30 million to send CDC workers and equipment to the region and $58 million to help develop an effective Ebola vaccine.

thinkprogress.org...

Taking into consideration that already the vaccine is to be tested this month the additional money is for the testing and developing.

Companies developing vaccines funded by the US

GlaxoSmithKline plc
The GSK (NYSE:GSK)vaccine been developed since 2003
Profectus Biosciences Inc with Tekmira Pharmaceuticals of British Columbia Been working on a vaccine since 2005
Dutch biotech firm Crucell Holland BV Been working on a vaccine since 2010
Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. of San Diego has gotten funding for a vaccine since 2004

www.ibtimes.com...

edit on 16-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I know it's scary, but I'd rather the government make preparations now and not wait.

They may have to take some drastic action to contain a local outbreak.

But see, that's just it, Elton... they have waited. Waited for a flight/flights to arrive from West Africa carrying Ebola-incubators (human carriers) --because it's already been established that Ebola has an incubation period of up to 21 days. Yet they continue to let folks come and go to that area, ensuring us that their airport "not-doctors" have the ability to spot Ebola replicating in a person's body during the so-called screenings.

The above makes this phrase particularly disturbing:

anticipated Ebola outbreak sweeping through U.S. cities.

Why is it anticipated? How do they expect it to get here, if they're telling us they're covering all the bases with these screenings?

What happened to 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' (or in this case, since there is no cure: it's worth preventing one unsuspecting citizen from contracting this insidious disease on US soil!)

Honey, if it sounds like I just blessed you out, but please don't take it that way! It's my frustration with government decisions since the onset of this... not about your opinion. I do respect your right to believe what you believe.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Latest trials to be on healthy adults first. GlaxoSmithKline have the green light by the US do so.

First Human Trials of Ebola Vaccine Start Next Week

The trial will enroll 20 healthy adults who will get a shot in the arm to see first if the vaccine is safe, and second if it generate an immune response that should, in theorym protect against Ebola infection.

It's the first in a series of vaccine trials that will roll out this fall. NIH with British medical foundations will spearately test the vaccine in Britain, Gambia and Mali, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is discussing a trial in Nigeria.

NIAID has been working on an Ebola vaccine for years. The idea was to develop it to defend people in case Ebola or a related virus, Marburg, was ever used in a biological attack. Previous outbreaks of the virus were always too small and too easily controlled to justify developing a vaccine quickly.

www.nbcnews.com...

The serum used on the two Americans and recently a third one, was also given to Three Liberian doctors, two made it one died.

edit on 16-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There is a lot of stuff going around right now. The regular old "run of the mill" type Enterovirus, Influenza A, Strep Throat, etc. Most US kids just recently went back to school and, voila, everyone is getting sick a few weeks in.

As far as EV 68 goes, the MEDIA is making it into an epidemic. Of all the people bringing their kids in for this virus, most DO NOT have EV 68. Plus, it isn't unusual for kids and adults who already have an underlying chronic medical condition such as asthma to get sicker/require more care than those without those types of chronic diseases.

Wash your hands people. Teach you kids to wash theirs, too. ALL THE TIME!! Don't send them to school sick, don't go to work sick, and use proper hygiene and cleaning when caring for those with colds and flu.

As far as Ebola goes, it isn't anything I or any other health care professional I know is worrying about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join