It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trend continues in August; The World is Warming as NASA says hottest on record

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
If people just used the proper language..

Climate Change.

Natural cycles of heating and cooling. Humans do have an effect on this. How serious that effect hasn't yet been determined.

It's just that simple. That doesn't mean we get to say ' to hell with it all' and not try and save ourselves from natural destruction.

Also, it doesn't mean we allow ourselves to fall for globalist ponzi schemes like Carbon Tax Credits...

~Tenth

I don't always agree with Tenth, but when I do, I admit it...THIS is the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
but I draw the line when I'm told that merely by breathing, I'm destroying the world and all that's in it and all I have to do is pay an endless tithe to the high priests of the church of gaia in order to atone for the sin of living.

It's not the breathing that is causing the issue. It's the passing of gas. Cow Farts are part of it, but when you have red beans and rice for dinner, yea, you are a part of the problem. Hell the OP knows all about the Methane issues.

End the madness. take beano.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You guys can call the opposition 'deniers' all you want, but if you continue to deny the FACT that the data you base your argument from has been manipulated, then you are more in denial than most.

Look, I can concede to the idea that its possible that the climate might be changing, but I will NOT be scared into believing that if I dont pay more taxes we're all gonna die....

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's just a fluctuation in the sun, and maybe a little weather-pattern causing it too. Nothing to freak out about. It's perfectly natural in my uneducated arm-chaired opinion, of course.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

The branding of this climate issue as global warming is the main problem. That's why you see so much talk of climate change now. Our activity is altering all the cycles that control climate. We have LITERALLY no idea what actually will happen but we know we affect it. If you doubt human effect on nature check out a light map of the world or look at deforestation or an endless parade of examples with animals and plants.

The real issue is that the first world sets forth policy that runs on the idea that the earth can support us no matter what we do and that non renewable resources will never run out.

Sorry, I forgot the first world does tell the third world to be environmentally cautious even though it's been anti environment for a while and sets only token examples to follow.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
What're you getting at? Are you saying that the gov should start taxing farts? Cause if they do then I won't be able to afford it. I like beans, dang it!!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Look I get what you're saying, things have changed as you have seen yourself through research. But were we here back when those fossils were alive?

You've just proved what I'm saying anyway. That the climate is fluid it's not a stationary thing.

It's not a stationary thing at all. A few of the things that have been researched, particularly over the last few years have been the relationships of sunspot activity (grand minimums) and the effects of the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. It's not that climate variability ceased to exist because human beings decided to produce chemicals that happened to inject new or even preexisting gases into the air. I always have to laugh when I see someone say that any climatologist in the world is ignoring that the climate is not stationary. It's their field of expertise--do you really think they don't know that?

It is, in fact, on that basis of comprehending the usual variability over tens of thousands of years (and it's really amazing that they actually have ways of detecting say solar activity during the 1400's) is indicating a disruption in usual pattern--aka warming oceans. Much of what is going on is absolutely flanked against historic and scientifically garnered data. You know that the climate of the planet has been variable because of those very same scientists doing their jobs and yet, when you have a large number of them saying that things are getting screwy, you dismiss that portion?

Pretty sure that's called cherry picking.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The key flaw in your argument OP is the length of time that records have been kept. 130 year is not a broad enough metric in which to prove the existence of AGW.

We so called deniers do not dispute the fact that the climate is changing, but it has done so for millions upon millions of years. This has been proven through the use of ice cores in the Antarctic, countless cores obtained from tree rings and rock strata from various points around the globe.

In saying that man in his insignificant time on this planet is responsible for the change in climate is specious at worst and arrogant at best. AGW is what we "deniers" dispute and not the change in climate.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ok let's just agree to disagree?

So the climate is changing? Why should we be concerned? It might be changing for the better...

Like you already stated, when climate was different, forests existed where deserts now exist or vice versa.

So the climate changes? The world adapts to the new climate, such is life.

In the end we will have to adapt either way man made or natural.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: network dude
What're you getting at? Are you saying that the gov should start taxing farts? Cause if they do then I won't be able to afford it. I like beans, dang it!!

Look, I wasn't going to say anything, but...we have has our eye on you for a while now. The methane sensors downwind of your house have to be re-verified every week due to the high, (extremely high) readings. Either fart in a jar and save it so we can recycle, or take the beano we keep leaving on your front porch. For God sake man, do your part.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Global warming has absolutelly nothing to do with taxes. The fact is that we already passed the tipping point and things will only get worse and worse no matter what we do! Global warming is now in a phasis when human contribuition is not the the only factor anymore, giving that positive feedback mechanisms exponentially increase the warming effect. And it will get terribly worse when the rise in temperatures and the warming of sea-bed in the Arctic leads to the frozen water crystals in the sediment to break down, allowing methane trapped inside them to escape. According to climatologist Dr. Jason Box, professor of glaciology at the Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, if even a portion of the carbon moves into the atmosphere, “we’re f’d.”

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

I don't trust you. lol the answer is the data is new...only 100 or so years old with some other older data encased in ice etc. I am convinced myself that the climate is changing and I only "believe" that we are participating in this change. You can not say 100% that none of it is man made just as I can not say 100% that man is effecting it. But regardless it is happening and the important thing would be for governments to prepare for it and stop putting band aids on some major problems.

edit: and it is not just coastal erosion although that does exist and I am sure it is some of it. But if you live on a cliff and watch the ocean rise year after year...that is not coastal erosion.

I don't want to sound like prick either mate... I appreciate the good convo and debate as that what this place is for..eventually long after we are gone someone will know the answer!
edit on 16-9-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

In the end we will have to adapt either way man made or natural.

Exactly. Adapt, improvise, overcome, or die. Choose wisely.

link   

Cherry picking would be like, oh I dont know, dismissing certain data so that your model fits with the current agenda or straight up changing certain data so it wont disprove your generated model....

Correct me if Im wrong...

Or better yet, cherry picking could even be flat out ignoring that the data you argue from is corrupted.

But I digress...

link   
we just had one of the coolest and wettest Augusts here in N. TX.
Just sayin...
edit on 16-9-2014 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If the climate is changing and creating those extremes we see, we need to figure out why and how much it will change in the future, especially with the speed it changes now where every year brings more changes.

As it is now it's not to bad, not to many dies if i may put it like that, but if it continues to change and become even more extreme to the point natur incl. people starts to die or whole ecosystems start to break down, we have a major problem.

If humans are the accelerator or even the direct cause we should change as soon as possible, if it's just nature doing it's usual cycle we should adapt the best we can and ride it of.

If nothing further happens to climate and it just go back to normal or stay like this, well, we learned something valuable, and we lost nothing.

Now, here we can put the tax, let's just call it climate tax instead of carbon tax, it unfortunately is needed to both fund the science to figure out the above, and to make the changes if we are involved.

The tax might look silly now, but could save us later.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Agreeing to disagree is really just a cop out in my book--just a fyi.

Well, the problem with climate change, particularly abrupt climatic changes, is that they typically have some loss of life associated with them. The Maunder Minimum, which was an abrupt cold event beginning in as early as the 1300's, produced what was called the Little Ice Age. The suggested causes for it have been decreased solar activity and volcanic eruptions. Before that, temperatures had been warmer, which had allowed for both crops and cattle to flourish, and likewise, for the human population to flourish as well. So what happened when it all changed?

All it took was a bad cold spring to produce the Great Famine of 1315-17. Millions of people died from starvation as food prices went higher and higher. Others turned to cannibalism to survive.

When God saw that the world was so over proud,
He sent a dearth on earth, and made it full hard.
A bushel of wheat was at four shillings or more,
Of which men might have had a quarter before....
And then they turned pale who had laughed so loud,
And they became all docile who before were so proud.
A man's heart might bleed for to hear the cry
Of poor men who called out, 'Alas! For hunger I die ...!'

Would the earth survive a snap change in climate? Yes. Would you or I? Debatable. It's not a question of whether the world adapts. In the case of the Great Famines, people obviously survived although millions died (and even more just less than a couple decades later in the Black Death). It's when the climate changes that humanity finds itself on a lifeboat and everyone is scrambling to get on. It's not what happens in the end that matters. It's the period of tumult at the beginning.

I'm quite certain that there is much being done. Why do you think that all Americans are required to have health insurance today? (Black Death). Why do you think Monsanto is genetically modifying just about every crop in existence to be extremely drought resistant? (Great Famine). This is why and it does matter.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

This was about the coldest summer we've ever had here in the Midwest USA. Are you sure you aren't trying a little too hard to keep your belief going?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: ketsuko

What does all that matter now? But why not prepare for what we all know; there is a changin a comin. Do you think you will be one of the lucky ones and not be touched by it? Or your children and grandchildren?

And where did I imply that?

Do you think that politicians can prepare me? Can politicians prepare you?

Or, here's a concept, you are best able to know what you need to do to prepare yourself?

You can't do that if you are allowing some politician in a city over 1,000 miles away, living in a completely different climate than the one you're in, to try to run some stats and rely on a flawed computer model to decide what you can and can't do ... all while they take more of your money away from you impairing your own ability to prepare yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

And some places can also get hotter as the planet gets cooler, too. A cooler world is also a drier one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join