It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trend continues in August; The World is Warming as NASA says hottest on record

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If people just used the proper language..

Climate Change.

Natural cycles of heating and cooling. Humans do have an effect on this. How serious that effect hasn't yet been determined.

It's just that simple. That doesn't mean we get to say ' to hell with it all' and not try and save ourselves from natural destruction.

Also, it doesn't mean we allow ourselves to fall for globalist ponzi schemes like Carbon Tax Credits...

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

There is data and research showing the world temperatures are warming in general. We can argue any cause....we can say hell...they have been warming from the last ice age all on their own if you want. But the fact is the world is warming...if you don't believe that then you are choosing to ignore scientific data. Do you believe in god as well may I ask?

I understand the debate. Even my own professors and colleagues argue of it, but I have yet to see anyone I respect argue against that it is warming. The main gripe seems to be what is warming it. You have to think globally...not just one bad winter in one location and I agree...not just one warm month.

I personally think mother nature will do as she pleases, and I also believe we are assisting her but to what degree I have no idea.

But I would suggest honestly looking at some research man. If you dont wish to research anything try talking to people who live on the coast. I have some friends attempting to sell their house on the coast because they have visually seen ocean levels rise and take away their yard over 20 years. Sure we can argue what is causing this and I can't provide the data onto why it is specifically happening other than a guess of global warming, but ask around..there are many on the beach having this problem including myself.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Pfft...I couldn't give a damn about stars thanks.

That ended up being funny.
You have like 25 stars on that post... so far.

It was really warm back in the dinosaur days, and there were no humans to blame it on.

edit on bu302014-09-16T13:10:54-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 16 Sep 2014 13:10:54 -05001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It's just another gimmick to increase our energy bills or add another tax to the growing list.

Hey you know what would be a great idea? If we paid off these scientists to create the greatest farce of the century to milk the population dry.

At least if I put myself in the shoes of the powers that be, that's probably what I would do. It's all about money, I mean why would they really care it's not like it's killing people? and if it is, don't they want to depopulate the world anyway?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I love it out how deniers love to say..."Hey, I had to nearly turn up the heat, so you're climate change is full of BS," lol, as if they represent the entire world. The point is people, it's warming on a global scale, not in your neighborhood, or, maybe it is in your neighborhood. IDK, I'm just providing plenty of links to show that there is a trend and whether you choose to believe or not (keep your heads in the sand) then that is entirely up to you. How the folks like NASA, NOAA, weather channel, who are actually watching and keeping these records can make it up and lie when ever since the late 90's, average temps have consistently been higher than the 100 years before that, IDK. I think you should keep taking one guys word for it (at WUWT) over all these climate scientists and meteorologists, yeah, that's the best argument for your denial. lol.

Do we seriously need to direct you to the many links on the net discussing the manipulation of data from the last few decades?

Yes. They are lying.

Here, take your pick. Ill wait...
Data Manipulation
edit on 16-9-2014 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

What you're talking about on the coast is coastal erosion, which is completely natural and has nothing to do with the climate. Trust me climate change does exist, but it's not man made. It's a natural cycle.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

We are talking about the climate here not the tax, the fact is that climate is changing and should be discussed, but it's pretty much impossible because someone always derail the thread with the tax argument.

Leave that for other threads that wanna deal with that problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Come on you can't ignore the politics of the situation, especially if it's the elephant in the room.

How can you say for sure that the science hasn't been manipulated? Until then we need to ask ourselves these serious questions about trusting such sources.

Take every thing you're told with a pinch of salt, because you don't want to be taken for a fool do you?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Because i see that science unfold right in front of my eyes, the scientist don't have to show me

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As regards weather, I really don't trust NASA, there are just too many reports of NASA fiddling while the earth burns, I prefer the non government funded news blogs.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Hold on didn't you guys just have one of the coldest winters in decades?

Oh also they are predicting another freezing winter this year. So which is it global warming or cooling, you can't pick and choose.

If you're looking at effects in local microclimates, you're going to find disparities. If I recall correctly, sea temperatures are the most important temperature of them all. Warming seas (oceans) produce a multitude of climate and ecological effects due to ocean acidification. The oceans are basically the driver for the weather and how it plays out depends on where one is living within the continents.

Cue my favorite satellite radar to show how this process works to make especially warm in the Western states and cooler in the Eastern:
climate.cod.edu...

If you wait a moment and let the states load in, you can see that, over the oceans, the flows of water vapor are basically pushing up northward into the large swirling mass in the center (polar vortex). That knock northward into the Pacific ocean basically pushes air further east to go more southerly.

It's all interconnected.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Haha, no matter what happens in your or my lifetimes regardless of whether it's been the hottest in a millennia or the coldest can be deemed anything other than ordinary.

The times since our recording of climate began are just a blink in the timeline of this planet's life, and over that course of time there have been crazily hot periods and snowball Earths. We weren't here then and if we are here for the next major change in climate, it was all part of the cycle.

Don't let them fool you into thinking any changes that you perceive are somehow your fault.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I love it out how deniers love to say..."Hey, I had to nearly turn up the heat, so you're climate change is full of BS," lol, as if they represent the entire world. The point is people, it's warming on a global scale, not in your neighborhood, or, maybe it is in your neighborhood. IDK, I'm just providing plenty of links to show that there is a trend and whether you choose to believe or not (keep your heads in the sand) then that is entirely up to you. How the folks like NASA, NOAA, weather channel, who are actually watching and keeping these records can make it up and lie when ever since the late 90's, average temps have consistently been higher than the 100 years before that, IDK. I think you should keep taking one guys word for it (at WUWT) over all these climate scientists and meteorologists, yeah, that's the best argument for your denial. lol.

But, Rez, you didn't say climate change. You said Global Warming. There is a reason why the terms were switched. It used to be Global Warming back after the Super El Nino of 1998 when both the AMO and PDO were in their warm phase because a LOT of heat WAS jacked into the global system, but in case you haven't noticed, things have mellowed out a lot since then.

So, we had a warm August in some place? But why aren't you also talking about how July was one of the coldest ever, too?

The thing is that climate changes. That's what it does. Study the history of the world both before we ever got here and after. Things have been both colder and warmer than they are now. The ludicrous thing to me is that politicians are busy telling us that if we just give them all our money and let them control our lives, they can suddenly control the climate as if it's just like our in-home HVAC system.

I'm sorry, but NOPE. That's just plain silly. I'm all for sensible conservation and not being big pollutors, but I draw the line when I'm told that merely by breathing, I'm destroying the world and all that's in it and all I have to do is pay an endless tithe to the high priests of the church of gaia in order to atone for the sin of living.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

From your perspective, absolutely it would seem to be a blink in the eye. However, geologists, archaeologists and climatologists have been working for at least a hundred years not just recording climate data but also looking at the climate of the past. I've actually participated in university led fossil digs and one of the most common things that get dug up is plant life. What plants can live in an area tells a lot about the climate of that area at the time. It's how we know that 14kya, the Pacific NW was steppe forest and the NE was taiga or that the present US was once cut in two by the ocean. Ice cores can tell us what the atmosphere and climate were like millions of years ago.

Really the only person who sees all this information as being a "blink in the planets life" is you but only through a lack of knowledge of what is actually done by experts in the field.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What does all that matter now? But why not prepare for what we all know; there is a changin a comin. Do you think you will be one of the lucky ones and not be touched by it? Or your children and grandchildren?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have not said anything about my stance on Climate change( global warming) in this thread, i have only notified that i see changes my self.

If the scientist judgement is following my view from where i am and what i see and the reality further out of my distance i will trust them.

There are all lot more things to Climate change than carbon taxes and faulty scientist.

Nobody fools me, though many try

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Look I get what you're saying, things have changed as you have seen yourself through research. But were we here back when those fossils were alive?

You've just proved what I'm saying anyway. That the climate is fluid it's not a stationary thing.

edit on 16-9-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I have been informed that NASA is not a reliable source for temperature information.
Ask the AGW crowd for verification. (I guess unless their views fit in with AGW, then I am sure there data is just fine)

I found out when NASA announced that 1934 was the hottest year on record.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We're experiencing one of warmest winter here in most parts of southern Brazil. Last week, it was more than 37ºC (98,6ºF) in some Parana state coastal cities (more than 15ºC (25ºF) above the average maximum for this time of the year).
Extreme drought, that is affecting southeastern Brazil, is causing considerable economic losses and water shortages are already occuring. Two of the major reservoirs in Sao Paulo State, that provide water for Latin America largest city - Sao Paulo (with a metro region population above 20 million) will actually get completely dry in less than TWO MONTHS if weather conditions remain.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
For those who don't know, Global Warming doesn't mean that the whole planet get's warm and everyday is a hot day. It means that the planet gets warm, causing the climate to change. Places get warmer, and colder. Some warm places go hotter, some colder/cold. Some cold places get colder, some hotter/hot.

That is why Climate Change is a better term than global warming.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join