It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you don't know about Toothpaste

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thevace
This is what Gh0stwalker said:

Cancer can't live in an alkaline body, which is why the food industry so widely promotes an acidic diet.

1) Diet has little to no effect on body pH.
2) The human body naturally maintains a slightly alkaline pH.
3) If "cancer can't live in an alkaline body", then almost no one would have cancer because 2).

only makes sense if you didnt understand that alkaline means high ph
I understand what alkaline means, it means a pH above 7, just as "acid" means a pH below 7. You might consider a high pH to be something like 10 or higher (depending on your point of view) but a body pH that high would also kill you.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: thevace
a reply to: Phage

but that is exactly what gh0stwallker was saying so why the "uhm no" ? only makes sense if you didnt understand that alkaline means high ph

gh0stwalekr said:

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
which is why the food industry so widely promotes an acidic diet.

Which is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

that is not nonsense its true
lots of sugar and white flour for example makes the body more acidic
food,chemical and pharma industry go hand in hand by creating profit for eachother

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Umm No, your diet certainly can influence the PH,

List for us what "other" conditions lead us to being alkaline or acidic.

Liver Kidneys Gall Bladder, if those things are not functioning correctly we begin building all kinds of wrong things on our bodies, the first being a GUT.

You have a GUT, you are flat out not balanced enough, your body is trying to tell you that it cannot cope properly.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I use a natural fluoride free brand toothpaste and just checked the ingredients listed in the OP, none were in my toothpaste.

It's more expensive then standard toothpaste and the tube is a wee bit smaller. That's ok though, don't mind at all. As I've gotten older, i don't mind spending a bit more money on natural toothpaste, organic foods, gluten free products etc. We only have one body and it needs to be taken care of.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

I brush my teeth with turmeric only. nothing but natural for me.

You brush your teeth with a powder that makes everything it touches turn yellow?
Sounds great for hiding coffee stains.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I stopped using soaps, shampoos and deodorants because they're just a hoax to make money for the chemical industry. I just wash in water and wash my clothes in water too.

I've saved a fortune and it's like a new world has opened up. Nature is more friendly and dogs will follow me around or come along for a friendly sniff. In summer, I've even noticed that insects are friendlier and it's not uncommon to have several flies buzzing around me as if they're saying 'Hi!'

I also stopped using toothpaste a few months ago. I'll use an old toothbrush and water so it's really inexpensive and eco-friendly.
................I always get a seat to myself on the bus and queues seem really, really quick suddenly.

People aren't all up in my space anymore because they can't handle seeing someone walking their own path. Honestly, they pull some faces like the truth is a bad smell or something.

You've convinced me, washing everything with just water doesn't work.
I do wash myself without soap a lot though.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I stopped using soaps, shampoos and deodorants because they're just a hoax to make money for the chemical industry. I just wash in water and wash my clothes in water too.

I've saved a fortune and it's like a new world has opened up. Nature is more friendly and dogs will follow me around or come along for a friendly sniff. In summer, I've even noticed that insects are friendlier and it's not uncommon to have several flies buzzing around me as if they're saying 'Hi!'

I also stopped using toothpaste a few months ago. I'll use an old toothbrush and water so it's really inexpensive and eco-friendly.

Although insects and animals are friendlier, people are too sold on all this hygiene conspiracy and making money for the man. It means they keep their distance rather than facing the Truth and waking up. It's cool though as I always get a seat to myself on the bus and queues seem really, really quick suddenly.

People aren't all up in my space anymore because they can't handle seeing someone walking their own path. Honestly, they pull some faces like the truth is a bad smell or something.

You have stated my current hygienic life. Thank you. I am always out in the gardens and I have more variety than I ever have. The troublesome dogs are sweet. Men, we have an odor, a natural musk, body parts are body parts. Baking soda and or peroxide depending for brushing on the day and the diet. Good good thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I decided that cancer can get me if I worry about it or not so I do what I want.

The people cleaning up Fukushima would like you to contact them. They have a job for you.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
All toothpaste really is is a mild semi-abrasive polishing compound that happens to be safe enough to put in your mouth. It's why it works great on cleaning glass, jewelry, metal, and some plastics. (And it's cheaper than buying polishes that are specific to those things and tends to be less carcinogenic then they are. I would rather get my car headlights clear and tree sap off the windows with some minty stuff safe to get on my skin, rather than stuff which smells like a mix between naptha and some other mystery solvents where the bottle tells you to limit exposure.) As far as what little is toxic (mostly the flouride), you're supposed to rinse it out and not swallow the majority of it. Some toothpastes also have a mild anesthetic quality even if not labeled as so (I think it comes from the mint flavoring), it can be a cheap thing to use on stuff like canker sores since it also kills the germs.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well once all your teeth fall our you don't need to worry about the cia talking to you through your fillings in your teeth.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We use baking powder toothpaste and natural products where possible.

I have some skin sensitivities and cannot use most liquid or solid soaps and shower gels, I use natural ones from Lush and L'Occitane instead. My skin can tell almost instantly if there are certain chemicals in products.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just checked my toothpaste and it contains none of those ingredients listed. Is it US brand toothpaste you're talking about? I know the US and Europe have different restrictions on stuff is all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join