It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US Against Strikes on ISIS in Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

rogue nation,,

that would be a rogue Grizzley,,u know Russian ,, Griszz against Eagle,, so too speak,,over the Carcass of dead bodies,,i mean Nations.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: spy66

So what you are basically saying is that the pro russian separatists have the military strength to fight the Ukraininan army and actually force them back, but Russia dont?

Jesses where do you People get Your info from?

Simple Ukraine can come up with a force of about 140000 Russia would have to severly weaken their defense pulling troops from other areas to matchg more than that and would take months to move all that stuff. On the average of quick deployment meaning say 2 weeks Russia could move about 90000 troops into theater and roughly a couple of hundred tanks meaning it would be an even match. As far as the separatists they would be irrelevant because than its not urban combat its a slug fest.

Russia already have about 80 000 very well trained trops ready at the border already. 80 000 well trained and equiped army against a very poorly trained and poorly equiped 140 000 strong army dont stand a chance.

Russia dont even have to use a large amount of man power to feight the 140 000 strong ukrainan army.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Now can I fit in?

Seriously, do people live in reality?
Where's this sense that America could, would, will come out of the war on terror...errr......Isis...errr......IsiL....or what have you in tact?
Or for the better?
No want or need for wars with Russia, China, Iran either.

Where's the track record for predicting success?
Vietnam=Fail
Korean war=Fail
WW2=Lost without the aid of Russia
Iraq/Afghanistan=Really? Fail,Fail + made things worse.

Plus you have a beaten down population, unemployed, taxed up the yazoo, and divided.

If I was to look to the future of this conflict, I'd personally look to the past.
Look at the Roman Empire, Greece/Sparta, The USSR, British Empire, They all lasted for a while, but now their time has past.

Why would the U.S be any different?
It wont be.

Truth is, The politicians, not its people, put this country onto the road to ruin.
Which seems to always be the case.

I'm not wanting anything to come from any of this, as neither me, nor any of you are truly on the sidelines if something happens.

And sense everyone from media to message boards has a what if opinion on these situations, here's one to add...

edit on 17-9-2014 by Black_Fox because: stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Russia wont do shiit. They opposed action against Iraq (one), Iraq (two), Afghanistan, etc...they always oppose. But they dont do squat and they wont do squat now. In the end, Russia wil S-T-F-U as they always do. And they must know this action is coming about only because of their meddling in Ukraine. Meddle their and now US is all up in Syrias @ss whether Russia has a navy base their or not.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Yeah thats what Russians thought in Afghanistan fighting people on horseback. Taking Ukraine is well beyond Russias capabilities without turning it into a decade long war which Russia cant afford.I know you want to believe the Russian army is more advanced and better trained but the reality is quite different. Russian troops are mostly conscripts with very little training just like the poorly trained Ukrainians quick run through on weapons and communication and off you go. In fact want to beat the Russian army simple drop bottles of vodka and walk over and take them when they passed out. Hit them heavily they flee do to lack of training.

See as i said Russias army is mostly conscripts, no real NCOs and lots of officers to supervise everything, have completely failed now that Russia is no longer a police state. Russia isn't exactly a democracy either, but the army can no longer order the population to surrender their sons for two years of military service under brutal and unhealthy conditions.Where you aware a third of all recruits have been hospitalized for injuries or malnutrition? Yes Russia cant figure out how to supply their troops always been bad at it making them rely on the local population for food. Even worse 20 percent of recruits are discharged do to injuries received during their conscript. This is the reason mothers are forming organizations to shut down or reform military duty. If Russia wants to have a professional army they need to get ris of the soviet doctrine and look to the west which has adopted better training with fewer numbers and better equipment. Russia has always relied on shear numbers times have changed.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
If Russia wants to have a professional army they need to get ris of the soviet doctrine and look to the west which has adopted better training with fewer numbers and better equipment. Russia has always relied on shear numbers times have changed.

Well, I do agree on Russia's army probably not really that good ... but then, Russia shouldn't rely on it's army. It should rely on it's nukes, and use them if necessary.

That said, what you say about the west is just a piece of big crap ... you should go and wash your mouth.

The fact about the west, is that they are basically occupied fighting nomads. People, like in the middle east, who haven't known how to fight the last 300 or so years. Yes, they're loud and yes, they like to shoot in the air ... but that's not what it takes. And they don't have, what it takes.

Problem with the Chinese, is, they have the "attitude", but lack the knowledge. They have the weapons, but not the uniqueness to be able to adapt to an unknown situation. The Russians, they don't have don't have the "attitude", never have ... but they have the rest.

Basically, the west really needs a whooping. It is going about murdering, close to defenseless nomads ... just like the US, fought it's wars against the indians. Who, are nomads. And the brits, fought their wars in Africa ... against nomads. And in Asia, against mostly nomads.

And although I'm glad the Nazis died, thanks to the Russians ... there are days I wish they'd be here, to send you your western troops, back in a body bag. Your western troops are a bunch of morons, who find it amusing to kill defenseless idiots ... and they deserve, to have a real fight ... not just a bunch of indians running at ya. But people, who really and truly ... will nuke you, if that's what it takes.

Unfortunately most of us don't want a war, but at the same time we're very tired of seeing NATO and the US, shoot a bunch of nomads, and defenseless people ... and then walk around, showing off their big willy.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with a conscript army. It facilitates military training for a large number of men.

Large professional armies are not logical as wars do not happen every day. A war is a once in lifetime eventuality. For that you need manpower that you can call in the hour of need.

A conscript army also forces the equipment to be simple, or at least simple to use and service.

The technical base of building and maintaining the equipment can be merged with the civilian industries in a lot of cases.

The wild chase of more and more destructive weapons is not a good idea. I would rather say if peace is to be found on this planet, the first step is to abolish large standing armies.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

A high Russian offisial told the press why their military was not of the same techonlogy as NATO.

He said that if they were to use the same or excatly teh same technology as US/NATO in their military hardware, it would be more vulnerable because their Counter part have the exact same equipent. And would have the same weaknesses, and same war strategy.

The second part he mentioned was that they could not compete With the US/NATO With their techonloy meaning that they at some point Russia would have to start to buy parts from them. In a conflict between US/NATO supply of military Components would stop. Its Logic.

He also said that Russian military hardware is also built to combat other forces than just US/NATO forces. And different war site senarios of modern warfair. Sofisticated techology work Perfect in a Perfect senario. But when the war senarios is not Perfect, the Technology can be fatal. Simple techinlogy often work best in a non Perfect war senario, and it dont need a computer wizard from a manufactoring compay to be shipted to the location to be fixed.

He also made a point that it took a Russian tank crew about 45 minuts to one hour less to shift out two belts on their tanks compared to the US tank crew.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Russia SHOULD be worried by Islamic State. One word springs to mind Chechnya. Extremists will get through to Russia by the back door and cause chaos. Putin is well advised to stop messing about in the Ukraine and join the rest of the world in sorting out the Islamic State and it's affiliates threat if only to help protect their boarders. Quite simple really. United we stand, divided we fall. Or perhaps Putin and his inner circle are so cut off from the reality of the situation on the ground they don't realise the threat they and us all face.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Now can I fit in?

Seriously, do people live in reality?
Where's this sense that America could, would, will come out of the war on terror...errr......Isis...errr......IsiL....or what have you in tact?
Or for the better?
No want or need for wars with Russia, China, Iran either.

Where's the track record for predicting success?
Vietnam=Fail
Korean war=Fail
WW2=Lost without the aid of Russia
Iraq/Afghanistan=Really? Fail,Fail + made things worse.

Plus you have a beaten down population, unemployed, taxed up the yazoo, and divided.

If I was to look to the future of this conflict, I'd personally look to the past.
Look at the Roman Empire, Greece/Sparta, The USSR, British Empire, They all lasted for a while, but now their time has past.

Why would the U.S be any different?
It wont be.

Truth is, The politicians, not its people, put this country onto the road to ruin.
Which seems to always be the case.

I'm not wanting anything to come from any of this, as neither me, nor any of you are truly on the sidelines if something happens.

And sense everyone from media to message boards has a what if opinion on these situations, here's one to add...

Okay, here is the reality

1: we didn't "loose any of those wars, they were about political objections and short term strategic goals for a larger war to be fought later on, we got an Asian foothold on the Asian Continent next to both Russia and China, Halted potential Chinese progression into SE Asia, Clearly won WW2 which btw set into motion a system by which both us and Russia would remain the worlds leading arms suppliers for a century reaping tons of money each respectively which is the main reason btw for our smaller wars, profit not conquering. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were not conquering wars either, they are about Oil bringing rouge nations inline with a global banking system and setting up China as a hedge for the world economy, we just want to destabilize the region, China needs a lot of energy we want a piece of selling it to them, we want our petro dollar in play, after destroying the infra structure we never expected if need be to "occupy" these lands by population it's not plausible, just decimate the infra structure, guard the pipelines so if the need for an Asian power to lay men on the ground to keep the flow going arises it will be easy for them...and of course there is no global "order" while people revere a god before govt and any globalist knows this.... In reality we mission accomplished on every goal we actually had.

2: The setup of a people to be mal content, poor and experience a loss of pride is EXACTLY the way you create a population willing to go to war... "the promise of a return to the good times" so to speak, then you just "create" an enemy people view as worthy, the current conditions in the USA are actually historically right to send people on a massive rampage....

3: Empires don't apply, this isn't meant to end as a USA "empire" it's supposed to end with us defeated and altered from our constitution to facilitate a NWO of nations in a global economic system...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
Russia SHOULD be worried by Islamic State. One word springs to mind Chechnya. Extremists will get through to Russia by the back door and cause chaos. Putin is well advised to stop messing about in the Ukraine and join the rest of the world in sorting out the Islamic State and it's affiliates threat if only to help protect their boarders. Quite simple really. United we stand, divided we fall. Or perhaps Putin and his inner circle are so cut off from the reality of the situation on the ground they don't realise the threat they and us all face.

They already are was reading an article the Chechens are starting up again incidents are becomming daily, And it has been mentioned about people going to Syria fighting against Assad but more importantly receiving training they can return with to free the Chechens. Russia haas opened up a huge can of worms with this whole Ukraine thing dont think other groups arent watching what Russias doing and taking notes.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Not a bad analysis i agree with alot of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

So you are a supporter of terrorism.

I can understand what a lowlife some people are on this forum.

edit on 19-9-2014 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Winning a war is about meeting the objectives that you set out when you went to war.

Iraq: Yes you eliminated challenge to Saudi king, and ensured survival of petro dollar - you win
Afghanistan: The terrorism is contained though the basic problem of roots of terrorism is untackled - you lose
Vietnam: You are unable to control Vietnam despite fighting several years - you lose
Korea: You push back North behind armistice line but create a permanent conflict - you lose

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Oh my, did you just really say that?

I had thought I had heard it all, but obviously I haven't.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Oh my, did you just really say that?

I had thought I had heard it all, but obviously I haven't.

Well you know in his world thewest is evil and Putin is the savior riding in on a white horse shirtless of course. Take note i never truly understood how Hitler got the Germans to follow along so blindly with his new version of nationalism. But were seeing it again and watching it progress funny how history always repeats itself. Lets hope this time it doesnt require a world war to remove this lunatic. Hail Putin wow sometimes reality can be strange huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is the US gonna bomb everyone? How do they know who the "terrorists" are, from the sky? These stories are ridiculous. Everybody giving "warnings".

FIGHT biotches! Stop talking about it. Let's BE about it! What's taking so long?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
History keeps repeating because they're fine tuning mistakes, from the past.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He'll with Russian I say we send them a little gift... A little underwater nuke they won't even see comming...if China says anything we slap then open handed and send a disease over their that kills enough people they will realize they are also below us.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join