It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US Against Strikes on ISIS in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

But the statement brought a strong reaction from Russia, which has been an ally of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Uh-oh, the Syrian government is warning the US not to attack ISIS in Syria; saying that it would be an act of aggression against Syria. Aw-man! This has to be the worst of the worst situation unfolding; almost a real life Kobayashi Maru test from Star Trek 2.

"The US president has spoken directly about the possibility of strikes by the US armed forces against Isil (IS) positions in Syria without the consent of the legitimate government," ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich was quoted as saying.

"This step, in the absence of a UN Security Council decision, would be an act of aggression, a gross violation of international law."

Syria also repeated its warning that the US had to co-ordinate with the Syrian government before launching air strikes on its territory.

"Any action of any kind without the consent of the Syrian government would be an attack on Syria," National Reconciliation Minister Ali Haidar said on Thursday.

To add to the mix of problems, Russia is getting involved in a big way.....Notice all of the Nuclear Missile Tests being done by Russia as of lately? And the ever increasing fiery rhetoric coming out of Russia towards the West? China is testing missiles and high powered Submarines, ISIS is daring the US to come after them. It seems to me that ISIS is being used to bait the US into conflict; other countries such as Russia, China, Iran, and N. Korea will use the opportunity to join in and attack. It may just be fear mongering but I smell a set up..What says ATS?

www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

uh-oh. But isn't ISIS Syria's rebellion?? I'm confused now. Attacking ISIS would be good for Assad and that's why the states has mixed feelings about it there.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

But the statement brought a strong reaction from Russia, which has been an ally of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Uh-oh, the Syrian government is warning the US not to attack ISIS in Syria; saying that it would be an act of aggression against Syria. Aw-man! This has to be the worst of the worst situation unfolding; almost a real life Kobayashi Maru test from Star Trek 2.

"The US president has spoken directly about the possibility of strikes by the US armed forces against Isil (IS) positions in Syria without the consent of the legitimate government," ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich was quoted as saying.

"This step, in the absence of a UN Security Council decision, would be an act of aggression, a gross violation of international law."

Syria also repeated its warning that the US had to co-ordinate with the Syrian government before launching air strikes on its territory.

"Any action of any kind without the consent of the Syrian government would be an attack on Syria," National Reconciliation Minister Ali Haidar said on Thursday.

To add to the mix of problems, Russia is getting involved in a big way.....Notice all of the Nuclear Missile Tests being done by Russia as of lately? And the ever increasing fiery rhetoric coming out of Russia towards the West? China is testing missiles and high powered Submarines, ISIS is daring the US to come after them. It seems to me that ISIS is being used to bait the US into conflict; other countries such as Russia, China, Iran, and N. Korea will use the opportunity to join in and attack. It may just be fear mongering but I smell a set up..What says ATS?

www.bbc.com...

ISIS has nothing to do with Russia and China or Korea or Iran. It was built by the west for the west. All those countries the US was unable to invade due to too much opposition is now possible thanks to the terrible ISIS that is actually doing everything the west needs it to do to justify crashing the party.

Russia has every right to update it's nuclear arms. Did the US, France, UK, US, Israel suddenly give theirs up? No? Then Russia has every right to keep on keeping on.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

uh-oh. But isn't ISIS Syria's rebellion?? I'm confused now. Attacking ISIS would be good for Assad and that's why the states has mixed feelings about it there.

Canada probably won't touch Syria either. Harper even said it is a little too unclear who the enemy is there. He had a smirk on his face saying it too. Even politicians can't hide the fact that it is a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To quote Walter White from Breaking Bad: "I would suggest you tread lightly".Russia is/will be in the minority as far as this goes. Now I have said from the get go that ISIS is just a front to keep us entangled in never ending war, AND to get us into Syria, and eventually Iran. We tried like hell last year to get into syria and overthrow Assad, and China and Russia both protested that idea, and it did not happen. They have interests in Syria and are a huge arms/goods exporter to Syria. Russia does not want to lose what they have going there. So the US did what any corrupt, war machine having country would do..they created a boogeyman to go after, to give us a reason to finish the job that we started many years ago. Russia would not be wise to try and intervene. The might of the US and all of its allies, especially after last nights speech, well, Russia would stand no chance.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Tackling international terrorist fighters
As an example of that cooperation, he cited a special meeting of the UN Security Council scheduled for September 25 which aims to adopt a resolution on tackling international terrorist fighters.
“These fighters are a new phenomenon," said Churkin. "These paramilitaries drift from one country to another and many such people are fighting in Iraq and Syria at the moment. The resolution aims to enable the international community to fight the phenomenon more effectively."
Several hundred radicalised fighters from Britain are estimated to be among those operating in Iraq and Syria, prompting fears that IS presents a direct threat not just to the region but to Britain directly.
Though Britain has pledged to directly arm Kurdish forces fighting IS ahead of what may be a larger NATO-led operation in the region, Mr Hammond said today in Berlin that Britain will be making a "contribution" to the wider US military campaign against IS, but clarified: "Let me be clear, Britain will not be taking part in any airstrikes in Syria."
Victor Nadein-Raevsky from the Institute of World Economy in Moscow told VoR that the IS threat to Russia is too real to be avoided: “For Russia this region is too near. We have the same persons who are fighting in the north Caucasus. The best way is to form an international coalition. We could be good partners.”
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

This is how I see it. It's gotten so complicated now with allies/proxy armies and geopolitics that everyone and everything has become a double agent. Don't know who is what anymore

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The current Geopolitical situation is clear as day!

Everywhere there is significant conflict there is the west attempting to destabalize the areas that are independent of them and have association with Russia.

It is literally right out of Brzenski's The Grand Chessboard.

Russia is not the bad guy in this situation, sorry, no amount of propaganda can make this so. The only chance the rest of the world has in light of the elite of the west ruling the world is for a stand to be made, it is such a funny thing that it is the BRICS alliance that is bringing this about.

I honestly can not believe that anyone from U.S / EU can believe that their governments have their interests in mind and not their master banksters!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
To quote Walter White from Breaking Bad: "I would suggest you tread lightly".Russia is/will be in the minority as far as this goes. Now I have said from the get go that ISIS is just a front to keep us entangled in never ending war, AND to get us into Syria, and eventually Iran. We tried like hell last year to get into syria and overthrow Assad, and China and Russia both protested that idea, and it did not happen. They have interests in Syria and are a huge arms/goods exporter to Syria. Russia does not want to lose what they have going there. So the US did what any corrupt, war machine having country would do..they created a boogeyman to go after, to give us a reason to finish the job that we started many years ago. Russia would not be wise to try and intervene. The might of the US and all of its allies, especially after last nights speech, well, Russia would stand no chance.

I was totally with you right up until the end.

I think the US has proven beyond a doubt over the last 70 years that they couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. They look tough in the movies but lets be real. What victories has the US had in the last 70 years. They run around the globe with their tail between their legs and get their asses handed to them every time. I bet Russia would love a go at them. The US however would not dare. See how they scurried out of Syria the first sign of Russians. They created ISIS to avoid further torment from Russia, and hope that Russia won't call the US out on it because they don't want to look like they tolerate terrorism.

Russia will find a way though. The US always loses. It is sort of their thing now.
edit on 11-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Excuse me are you serious?
Russia getting involved in a big way?

Russia is getting involved in a big way.....Notice all of the Nuclear Missile Tests being done by Russia as of lately? And the ever increasing fiery rhetoric coming out of Russia towards the West? China is testing missiles and high powered Submarines

Notice all of the Nuclear Missile Tests being done by Russia as of lately?Text

Obamas drone downing on innocent civilians have being all forgiven and forgotten? and have you seen the recent troop build by America in Asia lately?

Since when has America gotten the rights to bully a nation whom owns there debts?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

This is how I see it. It's gotten so complicated now with allies/proxy armies and geopolitics that everyone and everything has become a double agent. Don't know who is what anymore

Is that how you and I ended up arguing about agreeing? This is all sofa king screwed up.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I think the US has proven beyond a doubt over the last 70 years that they couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. They look tough in the movies but lets be real. What victories has the US had in the last 70 years. They run around the globe with their tail between their legs and get their asses handed to them every time. I bet Russia would love a go at them. The US however would not dare. See how they scurried out of Syria the first sign of Russians. They created ISIS to avoid further torment from Russia, and hope that Russia won't call the US out on it because they don't want to look like they tolerate terrorism.

Russia will find a way though. The US always loses. It is sort of their thing now.

Did you by chance see what the US did in WW2 to Japan? If that was 70 years ago, imagine what they are capable of now. I dont think the US is weak by any means. You may want to check into that.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Only problem is USA created ISIS, Not to mention supporting those other rebels that work with ISIS will only serve to overthrow the president there, which is what the USA really wants. I do not blame Syria for denying USA to make attack in their country. Support the rebels that want to overthrow the leader, why would he allow it. Besides supporting rebels builds ISIS. They will only join forces once the president is overthrown. They are a sovereign nation let them run the show.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Did you by chance see what the US did in WW2 to Japan? If that was 70 years ago, imagine what they are capable of now. I dont think the US is weak by any means. You may want to check into that.

You said yourself that Russia is testing nukes. So the US didn't do any more to Japan than Russia could do to the US.

If the aren't weak then they sure must enjoy fighting on their backs, belly up.
edit on 11-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Don't know who is what anymore

The simplest version:

Oil good, ISIS bad, Assad "Must go".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well real would be deploying everything and steam rolling with no discretion, but that would be unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Let me play Devils Advocate here...

There isn't a single person who thinks that ISIS is a creation of chaos and not some covert US op to overthrow yet another useless country? If some other country had spent nearly a decade raping your country, you might form your own terrorist armada. Here in the states we call them gangs, or the KKK/Neo nazis among other things. There are extremist elements in every country and they are rarely kind in war or business.

Isn't a better question why IS and why now?

They are a highly efficient, tech savvy group with money and connections. Is it not feasible then that they could have gotten hold of something we all would prefer they didn't?

If this is a game, its one designed to put a republican in the white house.

As for putin,

Russias nuclear tests are all flash and show, the real threats are in their biological and chemical weapon capabilities, which is one of the few reasons they still care about Syria. Nuking America gets you nowhere, but dropping marburg on a few key cities could topple a country.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You said yourself that Russia is testing nukes. So the US didn't do any more to Japan than Russia could do to the US.

If the aren't weak then they sure must enjoy fighting on their backs, belly up.

Just for the record, can you tell me where I said Russia is testing nukes? Go ahead, show me....I think you are mixing me up with another poster...As far as the other point, take a look how strategically placed the US is based all around the world. I am pretty sure in an all balls out nuke fest, the US can slam Russia a lot sooner than Russia could hit the US. And remember, it would not only be the US they have to deal with...there is a host of other countries that will be helping out as well. So go ahead and show me where I said they were testing nukes....
edit on 11-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Regardless what people think about ISIS, Syria, Russia, or the US/EU/NATO...

Strictly legally speaking - this statement is true:

International law is dead. We ALL are to blame.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

There isn't a single person who thinks that ISIS is a creation of chaos and not some covert US op to overthrow yet another useless country

ISIS wasn't directly created by US. But it was USA that resurrected militant Islam in 1980-ties during the war in Afghanistan. Since that time those ideologies continue to strengthen out of chaos and general western stagnation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join