It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US Against Strikes on ISIS in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
war is a great business, the middle east have always been good business customers, and will be into the foreseeable future. they are always suspicious, and paranoid, and their need for vengeance goes back for centuries. China, Russia, and the western countries supply most of the munitions needed, and thus have a built-in customer base.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think some people are ignoring that this is against International Law...
It is an Act Of Aggression/War...

This does not bode well for the troops who are sick of being sent abroad to die for Oil...

Which is what this is ultimately about...

Saudis, Israelis, USers, Brits, Russians, Chinese...
Whoever we want to blame is going to make money illegally, again...

I don't know what my point is in regards to stopping this...
Maybe it's way above the average voters head now...

Just don't f# with those who have the Tsar Bomb...
They didn't mind testing it, they won't give a s# about using it in Warfare!!!
edit on 12-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
the 'core coalition' announced by Øbama on Sep 10th are just that...a core coalition of 4 members who will in some future campaign provide air power and weapons to the anti-ISIS forces on the ground... the other 6 members of this core coalition will only provide intelligence, humanitarian aid or instructors to those anti-ISIS Kurds & Iraqi troops on the ground

you figure out the 4 fighters & the 6 supporters =
USA, UK, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, TURKEY, ITALY, POLAND, DENMARK, FRANCE, GERMANY

This 'core coalition' will take the matter up at the UN during the week of Sept. 22nd-25th
at this security council gathering the USA proposal to attack ISIS in Syria-Iraq-Jordan-Kurdistan region will be voted down

in fact the ØBAMA tough talk speech will fizzle out as nary a single Sunni Led Country will join the USA coalition to bomb or destroy the Caliphate ....

the possibility of the USA-UK-FR-AUS using air power against ISIS in just Iraq, is maybe a 50-50 chance

the warning Russia reinterrated (do not use air power in Syria vs. ISIL) is just Russia telling the coalition that they better not go down that road...

and I seriously doubt -ØBAMA would bomb ISIS unilaterally

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think our concept of good vs bad in the entire Middle East (and Ukraine) should be set aside. At this point it is nothing more than a magnificent dance with more players than us mere lay folk can possibly keep track.

Also, just a note military exercises & weapons tests are the equivalent of chest pounding—a message to “the other guy” that your big and not backing down. We shouldn’t put too terribly much weight on these events.

Lastly, anyone that thinks Russia would be foolish to start a war with the US is forgetting a couple things. One, if Russia enters a conflict you can bet they would not do so without the blessing of China who would fully back their efforts and where China may like in weaponry they can more than make up for in throwing bodies at a situation. Additionally, China nearly owns the United States and could easily bring us to our knees economically. Like I said, it’s a dance—the world is so intertwined that any move any party makes will end up with deep consequences, so planning out their next steps is more involved that we can imagine.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove They have never lost control-- all part of their plan. Out of chaos is born order and whomever brings that order holds power. They are master manipulators and have no doubt infiltrated and/or created every government, organization, and conglomeration with any clout for decades if not centuries.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sabre rattling at its best by Russia with these comments not that the USA doesn't do the same also. I look at it differently through out the world in general grand terms. I think Russia and USA relations are a lot better than we like to say or know. The average citizen in the USA and Russia have no ill will to each other as neither do most other countries citizens around the world to anybody either. The nonsense you see by the MM is just to stir the pot and spread fear mongering to push agendas for both countries big business'.

The problem of ISIS is a world problem no matter who created or funded it, think of Colonel Kurtz he went off the grid and stopped following orders. As far as I am concerned as long as the USA sticks to ISIS, Assad and Russia should be happy with that under the table. The one question I don't understand is why Russia hasn't started bombing ISIS or the rebels for Assad. It would definitely be a great PR move in public opinion everywhere for the most part.

I think all the rhetoric between Russia and the USA is being put out there for reasons not yet shown and I think its being done to further the agenda's as one, not to start some nuclear holocaust as some believe. My opinion is each country needs a big bad guy to pit against to make money through fear and scare tactics of the general populations, in turn the top guy who is not known is the head of both countries or world, giving you your New World Order scenario.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Illusions14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FlySolo

Don't know who is what anymore

The simplest version:

Oil good, ISIS bad, Assad "Must go".

None of it makes any sense though. Russia needs Syria yet allows ISIS to overthrow the country. USA made or at least assisted ISIS which is bad for Russia but is now bad for USA and then Russia doesn't want USA to remove ISIS which is good for Syria. Its all nuts.

yup

Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.amazon.com... Yuri Andropov, the KGB chief for 15 years before he became the Soviet premier, sent hundreds of agents and thousands of copies of propaganda literature to Muslim countries. 'By 1972,' according to the book, 'Andropov's disinformation machinery was working around the clock to persuade the Islamic world that Israel and the United States intended to transform the rest of the world into a Zionist fiefdom.' 'According to Andropov, the Islamic world was a petri dish in which the KGB community could nurture a virulent strain of America-hatred, grown from the bacterium of Marxist-Leninist thought.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ndwork-Islamist-terrorism-U-S-Israeli-targets.html#ixzz2XG4IYWhz Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook Marxist-Leninist thought, now that sounds familiar.
Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom

www.amazon.com...

Now with soviet involvement understood, one can see why they don't want us involved in Syria, all the pieces fall into place.

add Obama

After my election, I have more flexibility," said Obama.
edit on 093030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I say Russia won't do crap to the US just as the US isn't doing crap to them in the Ukraine conflict.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Considering that Obama explicitly stated that he plans to arm and train the Syrian rebels who are trying to destroy the current Syrian government, there is no reason why Obama would ask Assad for permission, the West is waging a war against the Assad regime. But the irony of all this is that by training and arming the rebels they are also indirectly training and arming ISIS and similar groups. If they expect Syrian rebels to help fight against ISIS they are going to be disappointed.
edit on 12/9/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Russia is going bye bye...

I could take this time to talk about how Americas "Black Budget" is larger than the entire military budget of Russia and we can at best speculate what we have available right now, proposals like rods from God or maybe an EMP both of which could in fact already be loaded on to the military shuttle right now, the electronics weapons systems we have built related to things like Haarp and the simple fact that maybe 30 of all of Russia entire ICBM force is shielded against such things and that is just layer one of "starwars" after that you get Aegis, Missile defense systems and fel lasers and more...

But I'd like to add one thing

Every spring, 7 Million Chinese workers enter Siberia.... 2 Million more than there are total people in Siberia period, China needs to expand badly, there are vast Natural resources above China in Siberia, unlike fighting America there is vast wealth to be made and the supply lines for any fight (if any at all that matters) are Easy where as invading America could bankrupt even China

America is Chinas customer, they make a lot of money from us, America and China barely exist without one another anymore, while taking Siberia by trade vs gain would be highly profitable....

They will turn on Putin

Let me say it again... they will turn on Putin

Putin stands in the way of taking the massive energy reserves in Kazakhstan as well, Putin stands in the way of reabsorbing Mongolia and several other "Stans" in the area, they have an "Islamic" issue just as we do if they don't, Putin stands in the way of that as well, Putin Keeps disallowing the proposed rail line across the straits into Alaska which is worth TRILLIONS in savings to the Chinese and let me again remind everyone.... China needs land badly and Siberia is empty

Let me Quote G. W Bush

"We have a mighty ally no one knows about" boy blunder gave it away a decade ago... if the loans weren't obvious enough, if no one realizes that the spy plane incident during the Clinton admin was an offering, if anyone thinks we just "let" the Chinese spy as they do and get away with it, if no one realizes that the only reason by energy volume we need to invade the ME anyway would be to fuel China for the next century....

Than realize this, it would bankrupt China to fight America, all their cities of value lay along side our Asian allies strike range and the Chinese North is a wonderful sparsely populated battle field, Siberia is wealthy and for all intents and purposes has no population to defend it... America is a logistical and economic nightmare...

In the end the Money to be gained decides what side you take....

China will turn on Putin, Russia stands alone

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
*please also take note of the Chinese build up on the NK border and Jong Uns recent statements in regards to China

"China is a turncoat and our Enemy"

China is on our side... Jong Un knows, somehow Putin doesn't seem to want to believe it my guess he is stuck in the cold war on a level distrusts America, believes it when Xi tells him communism is alive and well in China... even as every bank in the world stores money there and skyscrappers go up daily and Shanghai opens a free communication zone on Sept 27th...

The thing about Putin is he is a Theist, he's a God faring man... he has sympathy for Islam

China's historical borders include the Middle Kingdom and the Mongolian Empire and to a real degree Islam stands right on what they kind of view as their previous territory, China historically has only ever been attacked successfully from the North as well, dominating those territories is definitely part of the plan and don't be fooled

As China plays the beheading videos daily on giant screens and it's police kick Islamic rear end in the streets and Russia and the ME sits on the much needed Oil and Gas... (infinitely more than any minor dispute in the south China Sea) I highly doubt they will side with the Theists directly on their borders

Pragmatic Atheists, their choices feel predictable to me.

This world war like the last will have it's Eastern and Western power in the Axis, and we are the Axis this time.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie,the west never play the rules mate you should know that!

We in this country,the US and I expect a lot in Europe see the Syrian national council based in
Turkey as the legitimate government of Syria

No one in Syria voted for them and they have a Muslim brotherhood member in the party

That's they way they get round this attacking another country,just say they are supporting the SNC

If Syria falls Iran is the next target,It's part of their plan

Smear Russia as the bad guys in Ukraine and try and make all of Europe buy gas from America,Potus has been doing the rounds recently telling Europe that America can supply them gas

Looks like these wars realy are to make rich men even richer and you just know they don't give a toss about the little people

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Black Budget massive? then why does West cry in its panties when Russia tries to sell even S-300s to Iran or Syria ??

Rods from Gods? S-400 can deal with hypersonic missiles, then pins falling from space are nothing to intercept.

Quit harping on China will turn on Putin.

China knows how devious western policies are. If the west is able to neutralize Russia then it will do the same to China.

China uses west for selling its low labor cost produced goods. In return, China is 5x more active in espionage against the west.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Believe what you want even though it goes against every rational motive and bearing for war in the history of mankind. I'm sure the Chinese would leave multiple cultural and geo political enemies right on it's borders in a war that would be cheap to fight, easy to win and massive in economic and physical growth as an outcome and rather fight an enemy with zero capacity to hold territory on it's soil, that would be incredibly expensive.... because as you reason... "the west is mean and sneaky" like anyone isn't.... particularly the Chinese themselves lol

BTW...

There is a military shuttle up at all times, if either rods from god or an EMP is on-board... the rods can strike in roughly 2 minutes, hit with the power of An atomic bomb, it would take (being made from tungsten) a nuclear blast to create the temperature to stop them, there are no electronics to disrupt or malfunction, so in essence once dropped you'd have to nuke yourself to stop it... maybe. And the EMP would wipe the electronics across all of populated Russia at the speed of light with zero warning.... just so you know what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
There is a military shuttle up at all times, if either rods from god or an EMP is on-board... the rods can strike in roughly 2 minutes, hit with the power of An atomic bomb, it would take (being made from tungsten) a nuclear blast to create the temperature to stop them, there are no electronics to disrupt or malfunction, so in essence once dropped you'd have to nuke yourself to stop it... maybe. And the EMP would wipe the electronics across all of populated Russia at the speed of light with zero warning.... just so you know what your talking about.

The 'rods' do not have the power of a nuclear blast. This problem has been studied seriously. There is no major advantage over a large 'bunker buster' bomb currently in the inventory, and there are tremendous disadvantages, such as enormously higher cost and inaccuracy and lack of effective terminal guidance technology. It's something entirely on paper, not an actual capability.

A large scale EMP nuclear attack against Russia or any nuclear power is complete foolishness and prelude to mutual incineration.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

International law? Does ISIS follow international law? So why would they be protected under it?

Those who live by the sword will perish by it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

2 minutes is a lot of time to intercept via hypesonic missiles. Tungsten is not destroyed only by nuclear means. Further these Rods can be deflected by explosion and might fall on you or your allies. Also, these Rods are basically kinetic weapons released from the satellites. Russia has them too and many other secret stuff probably.

EMP...........Russia, China and other have EMP too. A nuke going off in atmosphere over the US will be equivalent to a EMP hit. Even Iran or NK can do an EMP on any country they want.

Come to your senses man! Your logic of threats might make sense with Iraq or Libya but not with Russia and China.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

it's still to early for China to be able to do much ... within 5 years, China will be powerful enough to level the US.

I have to disagree with this, I have been hearing for a very long time that in "so many years" China will do this or that, yet we are still where we are. The U.S. has more nukes than the rest of the world combined (or so I read somewhere), so until someone invents a defense against that, we will keep doing the same old same old in the name of the one true God, the almighty dollar

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Destroy ISIS in Iraq .. let them over run Syria .. then when Syria is no longer Assad's destroy them in Syria.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: bjarneorn

it's still to early for China to be able to do much ... within 5 years, China will be powerful enough to level the US.

I have to disagree with this, I have been hearing for a very long time that in "so many years" China will do this or that, yet we are still where we are. The U.S. has more nukes than the rest of the world combined (or so I read somewhere), so until someone invents a defense against that, we will keep doing the same old same old in the name of the one true God, the almighty dollar

Don;t bother responding to him. Bjarneorn is constantly talking about Russia should just nuke the US ... he has some weird fascination with war and nuclear weapons.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join