It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The rights you perceive you have lost is the right to discriminate against minority people.

I have never heard it put more simply.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm It is implied and is stated in various papers, here is the text from the Bill of Rights:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

You will notice it does not say "Freedom from religion". It states that Government shall not create, nor support a religion above all others, that religions will be freely exercised.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lladdwr

Churches have not been forced to marry Gay people?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And if they want to worship God's like these, they can.

Who are you to define God for anyone? What if someone wants to worship a homosexual God? Would you quote the first amendment so readily?

Something tells me no.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid The loss of my Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms are the true freedoms, not perceived. By example I would sell my house to a gay couple as I would be moving, I do not ask what sexual orientation when hiring workers, but if I refuse to have a wedding on my property, or perform a service for a traditionally religious act then its "discrimination", no it is open legal warfare on religion, that Sodomite couple could easily find another place, or another cake maker or photographer. This intolerance for Religion is the problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFireYet! But people have been sued and fined for not supporting the blasphemy of a Sodomite wedding. Loss of Freedom of Association, and Religion.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr
a reply to: intrepid The loss of my Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms are the true freedoms, not perceived.

You keep dodging the question.....what about gay people's Constitutional rights and freedoms?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Not AuthorizedIf you want to start your own Church do so, I will support that, but do not sue me to provide service for it. That is my point!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFireYet! But people have been sued and fined for not supporting the blasphemy of a Sodomite wedding. Loss of Freedom of Association, and Religion.

The court who determine constitutionality don't agree that your right to discriminate trumps the rights of others.

If your open to the public you don't have the right to discriminate based on your religious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What have you lost?

By the way, this is the definition of intolerance:

Main Entry: in·tol·er·ant
Pronunciation: \-rənt\
Function: adjective
1 :  unable or unwilling to endure
2 a :  unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b :  unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights :  bigoted
3 :  exhibiting physiological intolerance

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepidAnd what of their rights? As stated in previous posts here, I supported Civil Unions at one time with full legal rights for the Sodomite couple. But their true target was a religious institution protected by the law of the land. What rights don't they have, If I am a baker and do not want to bake you a cake for a Sodomite Wedding because of my beliefs, then who are you to force me to do so? I think the word her is my poof "FORCE" when you are FORCED to do something that you do not want to do, that is NOT FREEDOM! What exactly are Sodomites FORCED to do against their will today?

edit on 6-9-2014 by Lladdwr because: wrong word

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized So you and the Sodomites know how bigoted you are by definition well that is a step in the right direction here.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What exactly are Sodomites FORCED to do against there will today?

Forced to make a cake. I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about how that affected the state of religious freedom in America. But I'm glad you asked that question. How's your cake against:

1- Not being allowed at your partners deathbed if the "Christian" family has anything to say about it.
2- Not being allowed to consult on medical matters for your partner.
3- Not being allowed the benefits that straight couple take for granted.
4- Do you REALLY want me to go on? I can.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not the one separating people into sub categories based on sexual preferences. Sir.

Maybe I don't like certain sexual styles. Can we ban some of them? Only the approved position, per my own God, shall be allowed.

Again, what rights have you lost? Your arguments lack much substance. Please, elaborate with details. Not glittering generalities.
edit on 6-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFireLet us not forget that the court also up held the Dredd Scott Decision on Slavery, courts often get It wrong. The court fights are far from over freedom of religion does trump legislation and court rulings. Here are some recent victories for the GOOD side.

abcnews.go.com...

www.oyez.org...

and most recently www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid Read the rest of my posts, I supported those things that do not involve religion. I am the constant one in this thread, I am against discrimination, including religious discrimination. My problem is when you FORCE someone to do something in regards to Religion then you have lost your Religious freedoms, as I have shown by example.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Here are some recent victories for the GOOD side.

OK, this is just ridiculous now. If it's any consolation to those offended by Sam's sexuality, he won't be playing tomorrow. He's just on the practice squad. The Cowboys WILL be getting spanked though as the SAN FRANSISCO 49er's come to town.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid Read the rest of my posts, I supported those things that do not involve religion. I am the constant one in this thread, I am against discrimination, including religious discrimination. My problem is when you FORCE someone to do something in regards to Religion then you have lost your Religious freedoms, as I have shown by example.

So how does this relate to the Dallas Cowboys and the boycott by Christian Groups?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Churches have not been forced to marry Gay people?

No minister/pastor in the USA is required (forced) to marry ANYONE!

Recently a pastor refused to marry a mixed race couple. It is his right under freedom of religion.

Pastors are not required to marry anyone or even give a reason. PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm really attempting to understand what rights they have lost, other than there right to discriminate. I don't see where they have lost any rights.

Yet they are still attempting to limit the equal rights of minorities. This makes me angry and I'm becoming less supportive of religious rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join