It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Not AuthorizedYour failure to understand the argument, it is a fine point I will try to be more precise.

Sodomites through the decades have fought for people to be tolerant, fine. But the their fight changed when they reject Civil Union Laws, with full rights and demanded to be included in a religious right called marriage which is widely believed to be blasphemy, this is when I stopped being so tolerant, when I realized their true goals with their partners in the Godless ACLU, and their Sodomites that sit as judges. The fight has changed from Sodomite Rights to crushing those who hold dear their faith in G_D. So what is the by product if these acts? Well ultimately it leads to intolerance and polarization of both sides, as war will often do. What rights have been lost, Freedom of Religion and Association. When a bakery is sued for not making a cake, when it is easily remedied by going to another baker, then the logical question is why sue for FORCE people to do something against their religious principles?

The answer: I asked someone in this thread what is the opposite of love, most say the answer is hate. It is not it is indifference, evil would have us be a indifferent amoral people, so evil can gain strength in the world. Satan's goal is to erase G_D from his creation, not get a bunch of people actively worshiping him in public as this would not achieve his goals, no it is a more covert movement that the children of G_D must be ever vigilant in sight and action to protect his creation. I am proud to be a soldier for the one true G_D.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Lladdwr because: missing word

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid Yes the 49er's will win, especially now that Jerry Jones has poked G_D in the eye. - Joke people don't get apoplectic - We all know G_D will still love the Cowboys.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would think the church would be occupied with trying to correct the killings that go on daily all over the world.

Easier battle, this one.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr
a reply to: intrepid Yes the 49er's will win, especially now that Jerry Jones has poked G_D in the eye. - Joke people don't get apoplectic - We all know G_D will still love the Cowboys.

Yes but he/she or it may have a problem with these people casting judgments on other people though. Only God has the right to judge people no human has that right it is God's alone.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How dare the nfl to throw this man around like a piece of meat.
I think the boys should let aikman weigh in on this one.
edit on 6-9-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
How dare the nfl to throw this man around like a piece of meat.

Man, you REALLY aren't used to free agency.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lladdwr

Um. Right.

OK, my God hates heterosexuals. Sex with the opposite sex, is forbidden. Same with marriage. My own 10 commandments, tells me so. That is my first amendment right as well.

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound, even using the term sodomites? Are they human, or not?

PS, how the heck does gay rights, hurt your faith? Isn't faith personal? Again, who are you to decide what God I follow? And no, you are not a solider. Some in this thread are though.
edit on 6-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid It sounds so whorish when you put it that way.
What ever happened to sticking to the team you are bonded to? Turns out that was never a thing with the nfl. Does anyone know what part of the stadium the players have sex in? Turns out they don't have sex at the stadium. Well i guess he will be fine as long as he is not taking any snaps. blue 42

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid The are not normal as defined by biology, they are abnormal, and cannot reproduce. I use to support civil unions, but that was never good enough, now people are being sued, or fined by Sodomites that refuse to sell cakes, or let a event take place, or take pictures of their fake weddings. This in violation of the first amendment of the constitution! Sodomites are the invisible agents of evil.

One question for you, what is the opposite of Love?

What about people who are born sterile? Would it be ok to discriminate against them because they cannot reproduce? It isn't in violation of the First Amendment because no where in it does it say you have the right to make others live by your religion. If you are running a business in this country you cannot refuse service to someone based on their sexual orientation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: intrepid It sounds so whorish when you put it that way.

It is. And it's the last free bastion of enterprise. An employee can hold out for more if he thinks he's worth it. If he's right, he gets a raise. Happened to Alex Boone this week. He won. Others lose.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Annee

I'm really attempting to understand what rights they have lost, other than there right to discriminate. I don't see where they have lost any rights.

Yet they are still attempting to limit the equal rights of minorities. This makes me angry and I'm becoming less supportive of religious rights.

Christians have not lost rights, they have lost control and power --- control and power they had no right to in the first place.

Christians behave like bullies that think they are the supreme rule of America. They are not.

Non-religious and those persecuted by religious --- predominately Christians --- started taking back "their" secular government in the 50s. With strong legal fights in the 60s.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

But the their fight changed when they reject Civil Union Laws, with full rights and demanded to be included in a religious right called marriage . . . .

Show me anywhere in the official government contract called "Marriage License" --- where god or religion is a part of it.

FACTS: provide facts of any religious marriage that is "government legal" without the official government contract called "Marriage License".

FACTS: show me facts where Christians, prior to Marriage Equality", objected to the legal government contract "Marriage License" not having god or religion as part of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The difference is that Tebow has no talent for the pro game. It happens.

Yet somehow he kept winning. He even started passing like a champ there at the end. Sams on the other hand sucks (no pun intended)! He was cut from the Rams because there are better players fighting for his position.

If people are going to protest the Cowboys, it shouldn't be because they added a gay player, it should be because they're giving special treatment to someone because he's gay.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would think the church would be occupied with trying to correct the killings that go on daily all over the world.

Easier battle, this one.

You have to understand "murder" and "killing" according to the bible are not the same.

That justifies war.

Seriously. Ask them.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

The difference is that Tebow has no talent for the pro game. It happens.

Yet somehow he kept winning. He even started passing like a champ there at the end. Sams on the other hand sucks (no pun intended)! He was cut from the Rams because there are better players fighting for his position.

If people are going to protest the Cowboys, it shouldn't be because they added a gay player, it should be because they're giving special treatment to someone because he's gay.

I've read quite a few opinions of Sam's playing ability.

Those opinions of his playing ability do not agree with yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually he's right. Dallas has about the worst D in the league. Management problem. Sam in on the practice squad. Which puts him about 4th on the depth chart. If he can't make Dallas, he's not NFL material. That's how it works.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Actually he's right. Dallas has about the worst D in the league. Management problem. Sam in on the practice squad. Which puts him about 4th on the depth chart. If he can't make Dallas, he's not NFL material. That's how it works.

I know why the Rams didn't need him. I know why the Cowboys do.

I'm speaking specifically of his playing ability. Most opinions I've read are supportive of his playing ability.

I hope he gets the chance to be judged on his playing ability.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

He WILL. Trust me, there are teams out there that would put in a dude with one eye, 2 wooden legs and had an addiction problem if they thought it would help the team. Being gay? Not even on the list.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

He WILL. Trust me, there are teams out there that would put in a dude with one eye, 2 wooden legs and had an addiction problem if they thought it would help the team. Being gay? Not even on the list.

Funny.

I do think he will get the chance. I really have been trying to read "real opinions" on his playing ability.

Too small, not fast enough . . . . .don't know if those are excuses or not. Most of the opinions I read said he could really play. They also said he has a great work ethic.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

They also said he has a great work ethic.

Unfortunately doesn't translate to the team. Like buddy pointed out before about Tebow. Business is business BUT sometimes there's a glimmer of humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join