It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sexual proclivity is NO reason to deny these people a place in America PERIOD.
The Christian faith has its place and SO DO THEY all they need to do is start a new Faith it happens ALL the time.
OLARU here collects vids of Christian nutballs who hold the same belief as LLAdwr.
It doesn't reflect the face I want to represent Christianity as WE ARE TO HELP others not segregate them.
I have GAY friends and THEY are FINE with me. I hate DOGMATIC BS that hampers logic. I guess I'm a BAD HERETIC.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Annee
They also said he has a great work ethic.

Unfortunately doesn't translate to the team. Like buddy pointed out before about Tebow. Business is business BUT sometimes there's a glimmer of humanity.

Ok. I meant you really never know for sure until they actually play.

Sometimes a player peaks and that's it. Wally Moon reminds me of that. (If you know who that is).

Sometimes top drafts have nothing more to give.

Sometimes you have a "sleeper". Ok, aging myself. Sandy Koufax was a relief pitcher. (Also gay, but closeted).

Hey, I liked sports, but sadly my husband had no interest ---- so haven't followed for many years.

I still read the highlights and controversies.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't know Wally Moon. I know Warren Moon though. The best QB to play ever. Hall of Fame in Canada(where he HAD to start. Eskimos) to the States(Houston Oilers).

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The NFL is being broadcast live on free-to-air TV in Australia this year for the first time ever. I'm almost beside myself because I finally get to be included in the insanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Canadian asks. How are my Demons looking like for this year? They used to be good.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think they were 2nd last on the ladder this season. Not so good, but there's always next year!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I don't know Wally Moon. I know Warren Moon though. The best QB to play ever. Hall of Fame in Canada(where he HAD to start. Eskimos) to the States(Houston Oilers).

Seriously dating myself. Dodgers baseball 59/61.

Point was he hit his "moon shots" for a couple seasons and then just lost it. Couldn't hit anymore.

nIn his first season with the Dodgers, team went from seventh place to the World Championship. Moon provided support in the lineup for Duke Snider, Gil Hodges and Don Demeter. He gained quick public acclaim in 1959 for the "Moon shots" that he hit over the high left field screen. [1][1] Moon hit a home run in the sixth and final game of that World Series, which the Dodgers won over the Chicago White Sox.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, that's not a biased article is it

Am I the only one who sees the irony in Christian haters ranting about the small minority of Christians who are also haters.

While I could care less about anyone's sexual preferences, I'll never get why people need to cause drama by wearing them on their sleeves as bait and for attention.

Why should anyone at all know the sexual preferences of any player, period end of subject? Naw, that's what sensible people would do.

I have a sign I picked up years ago I keep on a wall and it says, "Logic is Dead". I bought it because it was like a slap in the face when I first saw it at a store. Now it seems it was prophetic.

As to those who are planning this and claim to be Christian, a claim I take exception with, what they are doing is NOT Christian and I find them embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Well, that's not a biased article is it

Am I the only one who sees the irony in Christian haters ranting about the small minority of Christians who are also haters.

It's hardly a small minority of Christians who are anti gay, although that is changing.

Silence, not publicly speaking up against this kind of hate --- puts them in the same "circus ring".

Here's your logic.

edit on 6-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I disagree. There is a difference between those who disagree with a Gay lifestyle and those who hate.

I agree it is changing though. It was not that long ago that most people in this country were anti-Gay and Christianity had nothing to do with it. Cultures mature just as people do. Most of my peers are as tolerant as I am, but then I don't associate with haters.

Speaking out against hate is always a good thing and I agree, but what I'm talking about is matching hate with hate. Funny thing is that often those who hate are unaware they are haters themselves. They rationalize their hate is justified. To hate all Christians or people of any faith because of the actions of a few is equal hate.

I like to judge people individually as I know the alternative is plain old fashioned bigotry. Sadly it seems to be part of the human condition.
edit on 9/6/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Two comments:
First, did these fundy's also boycott football when it was a real pigskin, as in Leviticus 11:8, “You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.”
Secondly, I find it a tad suspect when somebody gets real hung up on concepts like "Sodomites". In 8 pages of commentary, there's only one person continually spouting off about sodomy..."The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

While I could care less about anyone's sexual preferences, I'll never get why people need to cause drama by wearing them on their sleeves as bait and for attention.

It's a sign of the culture we live in. Americans seem to find comfort in adopting an identity they can identify with.
Dentist Bikers, Goths, Cowboys in big trucks, Survivalist/militia types, fat guys in athletic attire, tattoos and body modification, etc. all trying to draw attention to themselves as a member of a "Tribe"....

Tribalism is a leftover defense mechanism from our more primitive past. It's going to take a long time for cultural entropy to dissipate. If ever....

What's your tribe?

edit on 6-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I disagree. There is a difference between those who disagree with a Gay lifestyle and those who hate.

"Silence is the most powerful scream"

Those who disagree, but remain silent and allow the hate --- are just as guilty.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Why should anyone at all know the sexual preferences of any player, period end of subject? Naw, that's what sensible people would do.

Preference would infer Choice. Do you mean Orientation?

There's only one major collective group making a fuss about this.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee Dear lady, Marriage existed since man was created, the covenant between a man a woman, and G_D. I follow the laws of G_D not of men. As to your so called facts, this is almost to easy, there are common laws on the books of states that dictate the union and benefits there of if a man and woman cohabitate for a set length of time. Or for Green Card status to bring a wife into the USA, and she can even become a citizen even though the marriage is recognized but jurisdiction remains in the other country or territory. Second, civil unions had to happen because it simply was NOT legal for same sex couples to get married. Yes captains of vessels, Judges, and Priests, Ministers, and Clerics could also marry people, the tax of a marriage license has nothing to do with G_D it is just another tax to support record keeping costs of the state.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuckSodomites are the proper term, people use the term Gay but with the high suicide rate of that group, are they really happy?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AnneeChristians that hate Sodomites are a very small group, I do not hate people I haven't met. I pray for all of those that struggle with internal demons, and torment.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravelG_D's work is constant and world wide.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7Now calling me a nutball is just silly, you don't know me. Grow up son.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFireThat is not true, as seen in the Hobby Lobby case and many others, these cases will head to the SCOTUS as well, we will not let the godless, define our Religious Rights to us. Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join