It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shot Man 80 Times Until He "Had No Face"!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
He isn't a tyrant, just a disagreement, with some catty parts by myself and restricted, but nothing too major after all we are speculating.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
And in your opinion, what makes it murder?

The taking of life, murder is murder, whether done for duty, profit or fun.

The act of killing.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I still don't understand why you think this man was murdered versus being justifiably shot.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The puddle argument is semantics, he was dead the second he hit the ground, cuffing is procedure I'm sure.

Fact is, he had a gun, yes it was a pellet gun, we find that out after the fact, but did the cops know that at the time? I doubt it, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to talk him down for 5 minutes beforehand, nor would they have fired when he lifted the gun towards them.

Did they know he was schizophrenic?

It's possible.

See, my biggest issue here is that we're basing a lot of information on the word of his cousin, as I said before, she's the one that said he was shot 80 times. She also says “he wouldn’t get aggressive, he wouldn’t hurt anyone,” yet it's also reported that Garza has been arrested "nearly 30 different times on charges ranging from assault of a public servant and theft to assault causing serious bodily injury and criminal trespassing."

LINK

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I still don't understand why you think this man was murdered versus being justifiably shot.

Pellet gun vs Cops with a whole array of toys.

They shot to kill, I suppose it's their training though, fire center mass until it goes click click?

Idk I just feel like no matter what, if you kill someone regardless of circumstances it can weigh heavy upon you. In my idea world? he would've been subdued. Through non-lethal means, I understand pellet guns can look real and in that situation might not be able to tell but, I still feel they could have saved his life.

And in all honesty, most police are not trained to deal with a person suffering from schizophrenia.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Restricted

It is all to do with training and from what I have seen the USA have some of the worst trained police I have seen.
They need to look at the training and maybe get some training in mental health and how to deal with it without shooting people.
Oh and yes that is a big pool of blood.
My guess is you are police lol.

It is pretty sad all round. they don't immediately stop firing after the man fell either, you can still see dust rising right at the bottom right-hand corner of the video. His shadow seems to indicate that he has one arm or hand up to shield the light from the vehicles, but all the while he was stock still, and the lower part of the shadow was perhaps his other hand maybe with the gun maybe not, but still that shadow bothers me, no body gestures, no sudden movements. The police chief's statement is bothersome too..they don't know how many shots were fired, is that believable/AKA...nope.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Do they have to account for every bullet fired in that state?.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They only knew that ex post facto.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: smurfy

Do they have to account for every bullet fired in that state?.

Spray and pray seems to be the preferred method.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And in your opinion, what makes it murder?
Gee, Hmm? IDK, maybe death by the hand of another? It sure was not natural causes was it? Who knows maybe that's what happened in your world?
edit on 9/4/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I swear I don't see how people like that can live with themselves or even sleep at night.

medication

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Cops killed a guy that didn't even have an actual firearm? Let me show you my shocked face.

Scaring police is punishable by death.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So you can tell the difference between a replica pistol and a real one can you?

It's easy to judge after the fact and from afar isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Jack Booted Thugs!

The apologists, well it is "only" 13 shots per cop is just baffling and irritating. How heavy does the boot have to be on your throat before you gasp for air?

Mind if I make a leap?

So 80 shots are fired, this guys face is blown off right? Why is it that after the Boston Marathon bombing the JBTs had full on WWIII into the boat and he suffered only a throat injury from a shot or shrapnel?

Anything seem fishy there?

Mods I don't mean to have topic drift or anything.

Derek
edit on 4-9-2014 by Viesczy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have a handgun that has a 12 round clip plus one in the chamber. All they had to do is drop a clip and pop in another. Mine is a Makarov CZ82, and was a standard police issued gun for the Czech Republic police.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

US cops only use tasers to torture their victims before they beat them into a coma.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They only knew that ex post facto.

From what ive read, the station guard or someone at the station told the cops it was a pellet gun. Of course, I know you can say "were you there?" No, I wasn't. Just sharing what I have read. I do agree with you that there is no proof that the cops fired 80 shots. But you cannot deny the pool of blood/matter that is under the dude. Sorry man. Im all for making an informed opinion, but there is no puddle before he is shot, and then there is a puddle after he is shot. Don't need HD video to prove that.

Law enforcement is getting out of hand.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Here is a question.

What would happen, at a local, state and Federal level, if 6 civilians shot a police officer 80 times in the face because the police officer made an offensive gesture and was brandishing a weapon?

And yes, the police officer had mental issues (small penis syndrome / superiority complex etc etc)

Would gun laws change?

Would the police get more ammo and military gear?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What happened to police training? Firearms training? 6 uniformed officers get scared of one man to the point where they ALL unload their clips?

I've fired the .40 and the 9mm that officers carry. In order to dump a clip in 2-4 seconds (as someone earlier posted), you have to be all out. And with basically NO accuracy. Yet 6 officers managed to fire 80 rounds at a single target. That is not "justifiable". That is outright murder. They had no intention of disarming the suspect. They had no intention of subduing him. They were firing to kill. Period.

I've never trained as a police officer. But my father was one for 26 years. I have several friends in the SCPD and in the NYPD. I asked them recently if they were trained to subdue anymore. Most said no. Or that they usually use a taser because they are not allowed to use any form of choke hold.

Why are we constantly hearing these stories? Because the police are not the police anymore. They are militarized. They are not taught to treat the "citizen" as human beings anymore. We are all "garbage" to them. SCPD is one of the highest paid departments in the country. When I went to take the test several years ago, there were over 20,000 people taking the test as well. All for about 20 openings. They can be extremely selective. When I asked my friend in the NYPD, he said they offer the test every week. Their only requirement is a 2-year college degree, and they tend to often take the "loons" he said. Ever wonder why so many cops seem to be on a power trip?

Police have been militarized. They are not here to "serve and protect". They are here to raise revenue for the county in which they operate. Period. They make stupid arrests to fill the prisons. They gun down anyone and anything they deem the slightest threat, and often get a slap on the wrist, or a paid vacation. There never seem to be any repercussions for these actions.

When does it stop?

**edit to add**

One officer was using an AR-15. Or what looks like an AR-15. Perhaps that accounts for the multiple shots?
edit on 4-9-2014 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hysterical tripe.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join