It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shot Man 80 Times Until He "Had No Face"!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
80 shots to stop someone? That's a few to many, not only was it not really needed every shot fired increases the change of hitting another. That's why you don't just unload like this, I guess we can count them lucky in that they didn't hit anyone else.

Getting stories like this more then once a day it seems like it you added together local and national news stations and other outlets. I don't thin this is due to increased coverage anymore we've had that for a little while and should have seen an explosion in the amount be for if it was. This seems too be due to an increase is it just happening. Sad to say but I don't see it getting any better anytime soon, but I have no clue how bad it'll get. I don't really want to think about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
had a similar situation in AZ a few years ago,6 or 8 cops if I recall,the suspect had 90 "shots" in him.The coroner apparently counts every piece of lead as a shot,and this guy was shot with a shotgun,so a load of buckshot counts as 20 "rounds".

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: arosebyanyothername

Good post, Here's the witness video for clarity.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Then the police chief has the audacity to point out the stress and trauma that the officers are having to deal with.
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Maybe the stress and trauma is they fist bumped too hard

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

"I've been in contact with all six of the officers from that evening through today. They seem to be holding up.

Well thank the Gods the officers are holding up after their ordeal //sarcasm Are they serious with this statement??? I'd say the officers were just as mental as the guy with the pellet gun! They couldn't stop themselves obviously...there is something horrible wrong with that!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So they know it's a pellet gun and they still unload on him. They even have a guard that talked to the guy and walked any unharmed to tell them it was a pellet gun. But they still unload on him...they are really messed up in the head and need to be taken off the force for the cause any more damage or there is a large section of this story we're not seeing.

But I don't think we're missing much this go around.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
They are NOT cops!

they had to shoot 80 times
becouse they Miss so much.
and they are evil sick £$"%^$&%^&^&&

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm calling lots of BS on this until I hear more...and the truth. In the video the guy says 20 police cars pulled up. Earlier it was 6 cops who shot the man with the gun. Obviously if there were 20 police cars, there were more than 6 cops involved. Also, if they fired 80 shots and the guys face was gone...how was he still alive when they handcuffed him?

But I'll tell you what I believe based on what has been said here. The police were called about a man with a gun. The arrived in force and tried to talk to the guy. The guy is nuts and probably didn't communicate well and did have (what the police believed to be) a gun. They may have collectively shot 80 times...but I doubt it. If he "had no face", which is probably a major exaggeration, they obviously hit him many times. He wasn't dead, at least not right after being shot so many of the shots must have missed. That happens with cops. I know that in our town, police are not given range time to work on their shooting nor have those bullets paid for. If they want to practice, they have to go to a range on their own time, pay for the range use and pay for the bullets. They also make about 25-30K per year.

So my guess...a bad situation caused by a schizophrenic individual who was off his meds, who was drinking (wine I believe was mentioned), bought a gun (yes...a pellet gun) and the confused police reacted based upon what they knew. I understand the family being so upset. Which is probably a source of the exaggerations. But...where were they for this guy who was off his meds, wandering the neighborhood, drinking and buying a gun??? They were there to trash the police...obviously. But why weren't they there for the man?

Cops don't go to work and say...you know what...I'm gonna shoot someone and kill them. I'm going to lose my job, maybe go to jail, probably lose my pension (if any) and be the target of hate from everyone. Come on guys. You act like these people that we pay to do these jobs and keep us safe are out of control criminals. If you believe that...then get rid of the cops and go it alone. Otherwise...deal with these types of situations.

Think about it this way. You have a gun in your home and a drunk schizophrenic guy shows up in your home with a gun. All you know is a drunk nut case with a gun has illegally entered your home...and you shoot him. Do you want to be treated like this...like you are in this thread?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If only we could hear what they were saying!

Do they shoot first as many of them appear to be too fat to get involved in a chase??
edit on 5-9-2014 by souljacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Cops don't go to work and say...you know what...I'm gonna shoot someone and kill them. I'm going to lose my job, maybe go to jail, probably lose my pension (if any) and be the target of hate from everyone. Come on guys. You act like these people that we pay to do these jobs and keep us safe are out of control criminals. If you believe that...then get rid of the cops and go it alone. Otherwise...deal with these types of situations.
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Of course not. Police forces have been militarized, poorly trained, low paid and recruited with the stated intention to have low iq's. They have been protected from prosecution. Fist bumping after a kill is completely unacceptable to many of us, apparently not you. Leaving a body laying in the open for 4 hours is completely unacceptable to many of us, apparently not you. Handcuffing a dead man...are we serious? Oh wait, can't tel if he's dead? Give me another break. Firing so many rounds innocent bystanders are in the line of fire?

Maybe you want to 'deal with it' but many citizens are sick and tired of execution squads running rampant on the streets acting like a gang of thugs with no respect for human life and acting as judge and executioner (innocent till proven guilty right?).

Cops knew it was not a real gun...end of story.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I'm not interested in talking to you. You're too emotional.

If he'd been shot 80 times in the face his head would be obliterated.

Seems like he is getting it right and now you give up. lol

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

I still don't understand why you think this man was murdered versus being justifiably shot.

There is no such thing as justifiably shot, unless your life is in direct danger, then its murder.

But you know that..

And dont say their life was in danger, they are just cowards who thought they saw a gun, OH no, a scary gun...

Somehow police in the past stopped people with guns and didn't shoot first/ they must have not been scared of their own shadows like today's are.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: Sremmos80

So you can tell the difference between a replica pistol and a real one can you?

It's easy to judge after the fact and from afar isn't it?

Yes real ones shoot bullets, then you shoot back.

If the police weren't such cowards today they would do such.
edit on 5-9-2014 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Seems some important points were left out of the quotes too.

Quaintly.

The pellet gun was a replica of a semiautomatic handgun. Laredo police said it
remains unclear how many shots officers fired.

“He put his finger in the trigger guard and pointed it at the officers,” he said.

These are important points, imo.

.. cousin Andrea Martinez

Martinez told the Daily News that police shot at Garza at least 80 times and he was
hit so many times that he "had no face."

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am absolutely baffled that the discussion is still going on about the gun.

Police were informed by guard the gun was a pellet gun. What part of that is not clear?

This is how disinfo works/diffuse the issue with emotional words and critical thinking makes a fast exit.

But then the police would never falsify a report to protect their own right?

Next it will be, when the info finally penetrates lamestreet media that a guard for the truck stop informed the police no gun chief will say oh, guard told these officers but the ones who did the execution were never informed...justifiable execution, case closed.

Let's not even address that he was sleeping and when he stood up he was executed.

And who cares that innocent patrons of the truck stop had to duck and run for cover (pics on the vid of bullet holes going thru the wall).

So a bunch of cops show up, ignore information from a guard (not just a patron with friendly advice), kill a man in cold blood, endanger the lives of innocent bystanders, fist bump, leave him laying out for 4 hours and the chief talks about their trauma?

And yet the discussion keeps going back to what the gun looked like?

God help us all~

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
The two cops that did what appeared to be a "fist bump" should be fired,

IF the investigation proves that is what they did. They may have been handing something to one another, it is a bit difficult to tell, exactly, as another cop is standing right in front of them.

If that is what they did, however, no amount of punishment will take away that humiliation over this mans' corpse.

For other commentors, it is SOP to cuff the person, even if dead. I don't understand why, but almost all agencies do this.

The guy in the video baffles me, however. He speaks of deadly force, then talks about "how much deadly force". Dead is dead. This has always been at issue for me. IMO, "overkill" is a conundrum. Once a person is dead, you can't kill them more.

It is clear they stopped shooting when they saw him drop. He was dead. They didn't run up and shoot 20 more times and re-kill him. Deadly force was... deadly.

The remarks about them knowing it was a pellet gun, well, they may have said that, but, there was also no way for cops to know it was the only weapon he had. It would have been a risk to ASS u ME he had no other guns or weapons.

Yes, obviously officer safety is an issue, that's a given. Anyone that is sent to a man with a gun call wants to come home alive. It's nonsense to think otherwise.

My concern is, if they knew this man at this company, which, they infer they did, and also infer they knew he was harmless, then who, exactly, called the police abouf a 'man with a gun' call, and why? And, why, after 45 minutes, a bottle of wine, and after he alledgedly fell asleep, were they cocerned enough to call police about a "man with a gun" call?

That is a bit confusing. Why not just call his family? The family seems to have known all about him, as well as the business.

Why did the gate guard even let him on the property, if he was a questionable character?

edit on 5-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmenStop

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: Sremmos80

So you can tell the difference between a replica pistol and a real one can you?

It's easy to judge after the fact and from afar isn't it?

Yes real ones shoot bullets, then you shoot back.

If the police weren't such cowards today they would do such.

So. Police should wait until someone shoots at them, check if it's real bullets or not, THEN shoot back.

Ok. That makes sense.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fistbumps and taking pics with their cellphones..they must be real proud..bunch of dirty disgusting #$%^s. I wish terrible things for them. Do good cops fistbump after taking a life normaly..WHERE ARE THESE GOOD COPS WE HEAR ABOUT.
None present in this story..the chief can suck it too.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

That is the reason some of us fight so hard to keep the 2nd. The reason we have it is to remove out out of control politicians and any Tyrannical folks in power if they don't go willingly.
a reply to: Punisher75

I don't want to derail the thread, but please don't say stuff like this. This is NOT why people want to keep the 2nd amendment. If it was, action would have been taken LONG ago.

On topic, cops do this because they can. They will get a paid vacation and come back to work with no blemish on their record and we will do nothing about it but complain until the next story comes along. I hate to say it, but I really wish people would get fed up and fight back

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The resolution is insufficient to prove what you've outlined is blood. Nice try though.
So, maybe it is urine/fecal material....no matter what the puddle on the ground is, the guy is still just as dead and that is the issue. People loose crap/pee when they die. It is a fact....no way that stays put, much like blood after you've been executed with bullets so all else is a moot point. Dead is dead. Or will we be told next that you feel like he isn't even dead...hence, the need for cuffs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join