It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS video appears to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: roadgravel

They can, but this way ISIS controls it, and not the media.

There is bound to be struggling and fighting in the video, my husband feels they believe that makes them look weak, and (my husband) believes this is the part they are editing out, and why...

This way, it serves two purposes. More coverage, and they look stronger, rather than weaker.

The head guy can't call a time out for the other animals. lol

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know why, but when I see the posts about taking military action, in my head I have pictures of the Sudan in 1881, Gordon at Khartoum etc. Four Feathers stuff. Even the symbolism is similar for the Mahdi and ISIS (Arabic script in a circle in white and black).

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
There's no doubt that there's evil people out there, however, my problem lies with the editing and fading and all that fancy-shmansy production. Know what I mean, Vern?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Oh my It started quick....
Maybe just maybe the story is actually true for once...
Why has it got to be TPTB or CIA who has done this?.
Why can't it be a bunch of Jihadist nutjobs?.
Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

one day, it will be actually true for once, just not today, not today

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Why? there are a lot of tech savvy people who went over there to join, they don't want new recruits seeing the gore they know just how to make a video more appealing to others just like a normal newscrew does.
Just because they edited it you think it's fake?....ok leaving you all to blame everyone else but the guys who actually did it.
Blimey ATS...sickly sweet sometimes..

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

I would have thought that those Muslims who cry about Islam being a religion of peace would have done something about ISIS besmirching the name of their religion.
They won't. They never do.

An outright lie coming from you brain to your keyboard infecting the decent people of ATS that know for a fact that many Muslims have been fighting against ISIS for 2 #ing years...

Any wanker who starred you, consider this a reply to your lies aswell!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Fylgje

I think they edit out the gore so they will get on the evening news. Gore means it wont get shown to a widespread audience. They want all the media play they can get - apparently.

why do people keep saying this ? lol .. no evening news is going to show this video .. edited or not .. hell, it's not even that easy to find this 'clean' sotloff video online and the foley video is being suppressed as well .. making it less gory isn't going to get it a 'wider audience' .. not sure why people keep saying this .. the most any mainstream outlet will show is a still without any gore .. whether it is edited or not ..

the one constant is that people are still going to look for it online and see the video online .. why not show the actual beheading for that 'internet audience' ? .. that's a lot worse to watch and more traumatic than this edited version .. it doesn't make sense considering all the other beheading videos they show completely raw and unedited ..

with that said, I don't doubt they may very well have killed these two but these videos are still sketchy .. this site is about denying ignorance after all isn't it ? .. people should be skeptical of everything .. at least at first glance .. especially if it deals with things like this where governments are involved

link   

I don't believe this is a conspiracy. It's real... and damn frightening actually.

As far as why the video edits, I think everyone should remember how they felt when, on 9/11, that plane that went down in the field. When it came on the news how the men on that plane fought back - and caused the plane to land in the wrong place.

This gave everyone some measure of hope... that measure of we will give our lives fighting against this. They edit to take away that feeling the victims who fight back give us, that hope, that feeling of "we will die if need be - but with gusto and take a few with us while we're at it"....

And in the process they get additional media coverage - the widespread audience. 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
edit on 2-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
So the chemical weapons didn't work but this is. Hook, line, sinker by the propaganda machine. Now everyone is calling for blood. Good job.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Which video do you speak of?
The op or a different one.
Link would be great

What do you think this thread is about?
Go find your own links, google is not that hard.

link   
So they bring in new recruits and send them to the editing room??

As I said, there ARE terrorists in the world. Real ones. Bad ones. I just happen to believe that 'IS' is being controlled by non-muslims, but some of them may be extremist Islamic followers. Funny how many of them are always wearing masks and gloves, idn't it? I just don't believe anything the US government says since 911. Maybe even before that.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
There's no doubt that there's evil people out there, however, my problem lies with the editing and fading and all that fancy-shmansy production. Know what I mean, Vern?

ISIS beheaded a Kurdish Solider last week and used the same fading in and out. It seems like their new media team at ISIS are creating a different kind of video so it will probably reach a wider audience than a whole decapitation video.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

or you just simply fell for the propaganda they wanted you to fall for, hmmmm
QUESTION EVERYTHING
edit on 2-9-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree with some of the posters about what needs to be done to ISIS.

I read this earlier on IBT (International Business Times) and the Future doesn't look bright if these groups aren't stopped.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Some of the Story:

Many secondary school students are forced to travel to the cities controlled by the Syrian regime, while schoolteachers are now obliged to undergo a week-long course in legitimacy; if they don't attend, they can't teach. Many core subjects are deemed incompatible with the law of God, such as philosophy, science, geography, history, even leisure subjects such as art and sports.

A raft of new subjects have been established by the regime, and the schools are ordered to introduce them via written communiques. I recently received one such communique from a teacher friend in Raqqa, dated 30 August.

One man spoke to the Reporter and told him this:

I spoke to a 28-year-old teacher from Raqqa called Samar Mohammed [his name is a pseudonym] who told me that, when it comes to schools, the main aim of IS is to brainwash students with a bombardment of religious fanaticism, and push them towards extremism by forcing them to read books like Aljhad-Hadith-Sharia, which preaches a warped and vicious version of Islam. The children are blitzed with religious fallacies and this, together with their natural curiosity towards IS's beheading of those it calls infidels, is very serious. The books and curriculum being pushed in schools could turn the entire population of Raqqa's schools into a new generation of extremists. IS will brainwash them one way or another, while we stand by, powerless to stop them.

IS is fighting to return Raqqa to the stone age – and, unless the international community does something, they will take thousands of children with them.

Photo (which i'm sure is permitted):

There is a list on the IBT site of what these children are now allowed to study in schools and they must now abide by the Islamic Law or they will be dead. these will be the next generation of Brainwashed Terrorists unless the Group/s are destroyed before they turn these kids into Suicide Bombers!

This post isn't off topic, its in relation to ISIS and their Methods. I think the US will now go in hard on ISIS (after this latest beheading).

edit on CDTTue, 02 Sep 2014 15:40:04 -0500u3003x104x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anyone thought about the notion that ISIS/CIA/Whoever have doctored these videos not to be less gory for viewing consumption...
But to cause people to say "but it looks fake watch it" for viewing consumption...
Or both...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: nvm

link   
I won't watch the video but assuming it is similar to others I regretfully watched, I have a question:

Have these beheading victims completely given up on life? A knife has been put to your throat... DO SOMETHING!! Your going to die, you know that so why sit there and let them rape your life. I know for a fact I would make them kill me before my head came off. Hands strapped or not it doesn't matter. The will to live can give quite a fight and I'm not seeing it in these videos. Your wearing an orange shirt, either tour head is coming off or your going to rot in a secret prison. Why die on their terms?

link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
So they bring in new recruits and send them to the editing room??

As I said, there ARE terrorists in the world. Real ones. Bad ones. I just happen to believe that 'IS' is being controlled by non-muslims, but some of them may be extremist Islamic followers. Funny how many of them are always wearing masks and gloves, idn't it? I just don't believe anything the US government says since 911. Maybe even before that.

These people have been wearing things over their faces forever. Just because they cover their faces doesn't mean squat. They're cowards and don't want the rest of the world to know who that are when they're in a population. The guy in the video probably goes back and forth to Britain once a month for Christ sake.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I won't watch the video but assuming it is similar to others I regretfully watched, I have a question:

Have these beheading victims completely given up on life? A knife has been put to your throat... DO SOMETHING!! Your going to die, you know that so why sit there and let them rape your life. I know for a fact I would make them kill me before my head came off. Hands strapped or not it doesn't matter. The will to live can give quite a fight and I'm not seeing it in these videos. Your wearing an orange shirt, either tour head is coming off or your going to rot in a secret prison. Why die on their terms?

resist and then be tortured or killed in a much slower, much more painful way(if you can imagine that) ? .. at least this way, you'll lose consciousness sooner than later
edit on 2-9-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
He is one year in captivity , God knows what he experienced under those animals.Dont exclude family threats.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join