It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS video appears to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Yes the video was edited etc but are you saying they didn't cut the guys head off?.
Edited or not they did kill him and have killed another.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yes the video was edited etc but are you saying they didn't cut the guys head off?.

And they will kill another.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Of course these videos are going to be edited. Anyone who thinks they're not is a fool. They very well could use green screen in some secure compound, if they didn't, they'd be idiots. These people are not stupid, they know what they're doing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Which video do you speak of?
The op or a different one.
Link would be great

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

ISIS released a video Tuesday of the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff, formerly of Time magazine. The authenticity of the video, which took an unusually long time to reach ISIS forums, often the first sources for such videos, has yet to be confirmed. The video was titled “A second message to America,” and again started with footage of oratory from U.S. President Barack Obama, before cutting to a scripted anti-US monologue delivered by an emotionless Sotloff, draped in orange clothing (reminiscent of Guantanamo inmates) and on his knees in another arid hilltop landscape beside his executioner. It appears from chatter on ISIS forums that the initial video release was an unintentional leak from within ISIS circles. An ISIS-affiliated twitter account (now suspended) published the video ahead of the prescribed time. Another ISIS-affiliated account, @Khattabyaz pulled them up on their error, but at that point it was too late, and the video was in circulation. The group then apologised to its followers for the lack of discipline in a text missive on Justpaste, saying: “A clarification about the mistake was made by “Uyun al-Ummah” account, that has published the video before the official time.

what?

www.vocativ.com...#!bOE4x7

So there's no way of knowing when the video was made, since they wait for the "right moment" to release them.

And, uh... not going to comment on "IS apologised to its followers for the lack of discipline", cause... eh?

edit on 2/9/2014 by LukeDAP because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Do these guys not understand that these videos only inspire Americans to SUPPORT the use of the most powerful armed forces on the planet against them? Surely they know by now that we are not scared of this pitiful cowardly murdering of humans? If anything it makes us push our leaders to destroy them which by the way is a fairly easy task for the US military.

They obviously WANT us to attack them as I know they cannot be that stupid to think this would actually hold our hand and make us back off? If so they are truly unintelligent miscreants.

So why do they want us to attack them?

Because that is what Saudi Arabia wants. ISIS after all was an invention and funded by Saudi Arabia, to turn the world further against Iraq/Syria/Afghanistan. These are the countries that SA want out of the way. That is why they funded/committed the 9/11 attacks. So that Afghanistan would be blamed, and well, we all know what has happened there.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: theantediluvian

If we don't go ALL in, hit them hard, fast, ugly, and furious, then we will be participating in a never ending fight with us using passive, weak reactions to their actions.

I don't see anyone going in hot and heavy to eliminate them.

A damned shame that someone had to die that way. Just add it to the thousands of people in the region that have already suffered under ISIS.

I agree, we cant go into this weak minded. We cant have a PC war, whoever thought of that was weak minded. I loath war or a fight, but if the army has to go have at it, I sures as hell don't want them going in with their hands tied, that will get ya killed.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Grammer police.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: qd22vcc

in the video they exactly say " A MESSAGE TO AMERICA " ....they are addressing America and America only, that makes me think why.... maybe because all the naïve brainwashed americans are going to scream "kill 'em all, wash 'em of the earth, kill the ISIS off" and support the invasion or whatever it will take...

they don't need to convince europeans, because europeans are a bit more difficult to convince and if there is any invasion, they know the EU is going to back up the USA no matter what.

we are doomed. the plan is working. the only unanswered question is... what's behind all this? why do they want the West to attack, what's there?!
edit on 2-9-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: flammadraco

I see they have appeared to "upgrade" their choice of knife. I am not buying this one either...

And it begins.... Are you going to be the first member on here to say its fake?

If so what will it take to prove what barbarians these guys are, front row seat at the next decapitation?

I sure will....Just like the Foley one was fake. Not buying anything they try and sell me.

Who's trying to sell you anything? So the ISIS twitter feed belongs to CIA? The chaps not been killed today, just was another actor to get the US into a conflict it's already participating in already?

No need to answer these questions, I spent to much time with the neysayers on the James Foley threads, it's a proven waste of time.

You DO realize that EXPERTS have even came out and said that the Foley video could not be real right? Perhaps YOU are the neysayer?

You know if I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Actually I said they very well MAY have cut the head off, just not now, and not by the means that we have seen "portions" of. Also, very well could be fake cinematography for all we know.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrMescalito

Who is our people?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that since he referenced "American people" and "Obama" that he was referring to the American people.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: xavi1000
It's time Obama to activate all drones , seals and all technology and destroy ISIS once for all and i dont care for collateral damage and civilians.

If we would have fought this way in the first place we wouldn't have this problem right now. They've learned our weaknesses and it's going to be our downfall. We've spent more money and resources fighting half ass it's incredible.

Like the atom bomb, you go all out and end the war or lose more of OUR people. We're fighting over there because their people are either on their side, or are too chicken to stand up.

We have 2 Options here in my opinion:

1) Leave that side of the world to their own devices, lose our interests over there and care for ourselves over here with the resources and money spent on that debacle.

or

2) Blow the entire thing up, obliterate anything and everything that's fighting against us, whether hiding in a school or not and end it once and for all.

Anything in between and we will be the ones to pay for it in the end with our way of life and our children's, grand-children's and so on.

Well put.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay. I just watched it. It is professionally edited just like the first one. It fades out right as he starts cutting the neck. Then it fades back in and shows the head on the back. I believe it's as fake as the first one. Why would terrorists start editing videos and not showing the deed when that deed is the very fear that they want to send out???? fake CIAMossad created

Just my opinion and nothing more

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Maybe the motivation isn't so much fear as it is the message...?

Either way though both are possible (and likely) reasons.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think they edit out the gore so they will get on the evening news. Gore means it wont get shown to a widespread audience. They want all the media play they can get - apparently.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

no need to stay humble, you are right, WE are right.
f-a-k-e

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I think they edit out the gore so they will get on the evening news. Gore means it wont get shown to a widespread audience. They want all the media play they can get - apparently.

The news outlets can't edit a video to remove gore? They have in the past...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
The media has always edited out the bad parts in every other instance of most gore ever shown on TV. So why would the terrorist want to do their job for them all of a sudden?? lol And those heads are made by Hollywood every day and they look real. This is all being generated by TPTB.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They can, but this way ISIS controls it, and not the media.

There is bound to be struggling and fighting in the video, my husband feels they believe that makes them look weak, and (my husband) believes this is the part they are editing out, and why...

This way, it serves two purposes. More coverage, and they look stronger, rather than weaker.
edit on 2-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh my It started quick....
Maybe just maybe the story is actually true for once...
Why has it got to be TPTB or CIA who has done this?.
Why can't it be a bunch of Jihadist nutjobs?.
Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join