It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusion..All who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Trapeze

thanks but there is a reason God was manifest in the flesh and why He said His name was Jesus

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.1Timothy3

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father. John16

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John5

John 10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Well, his name wasn't Jesus for a start and nobody says "verily, verily" - not even in fairy tales.

You're right about god being a mystery, though. So much of a mystery that nobody on earth can possibly ever know anything about what it is, or isn't, or if it even exists.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

yes it is, He specifically said Jesus just like the spelling sounds.

John 5 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians2

again-

If you are looking for a Bible without any copyright restrictions at all, you do have several options. Some older Bible translations are in the public domain and may be freely reprinted, quoted, and copied without any restrictions at all; the King James Version is the most well-known of these.

You're right about god being a mystery, though. So much of a mystery that nobody on earth can possibly ever know anything about what it is, or isn't, or if it even exists.

tell us more? what's not His name again?

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2Corinthians5

Joel 2 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered
edit on 12-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The Bible wasn't written in English and there is no letter "J" in Greek or Hebrew. Yod (which sounds like a "Y") is sometimes render as J but it is never pronounced that way in Hebrew.

Elijah is Eliyah
Joshua is Yehoshua
and Jesus is Yeshua

The word Jesus used in the New Testament comes from the Latin form of the Greek name Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (ישוע), also used as Joshua or Yesua.[1][2] The name is thus related to the Hebrew consonantal verb root verb y-š-ʕ (to rescue or deliver) and the Hebrew noun yešuaʕ (deliverance).

Jesus is "The Word", Jesus is "The Name" to call on because it means "Salvation" but to pronounce it like a "J" is a mispronunciation. it as The Aramaic word that it is (Yeshu).

Yeshu -> Iesous -> Jesus

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Double post, sorry
edit on 12-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry for the double post the internet is acting up on me again.

link   
double post by mistake

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Thanks for that. I'm actually a little bit taken back by the member's insistence.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
I am very aware of the J pronunciation debate and will repost some things about that later. Again He said "I am Jesus" just like the spelling sounds. We are speaking English here today and so is the NT (bible) I read and opened when He spoke to me in the same.

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Acts2

that was then? context? I'm not trying to be rude, just know precisely what I've heard in a real audible voice and seen in real time with my own eyes

Hebrews 12 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. John3

These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars Revelation 3

And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son? Luke20

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I honestly don't think the Christ would have minded how we pronounce his name, so long as we were trying to follow his way.

Never-the-less, when people get to being sticklers for things and since this discussion is about what he specifically thinks - or thought - of me in particular, I'm all about being as much the stickler as them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Not so sure about that, I answered by my name and assume when you introduce yourself you use your name in the tongue your speaking also and understand correct?

there are many languages and one Jesus

Matteo 1:1Nuova Riveduta
Genealogia di Gesú Cristo
1 Genealogia di Gesú[a] Cristo, figlio di *Davide, figlio di *Abraamo.

Máté 1:1Hungarian Károli
1 Jézus Krisztusnak, Dávid fiának, Ábrahám fiának nemzetségérõl való könyv.

Matthew 1:1Maori Bible
1 Ko te pukapuka o te whakapapa o Ihu Karaiti, tama a Rawiri, tama a Aperahama.

马太福音 1:1Chinese New Version
耶稣基督的家谱
1 大卫的子孙,亚伯拉罕的后裔,耶稣基督的家谱:

הבשורה על-פי מתי 1:1Habrit Hakhadasha/Haderekh
א לפניכם ספר קורות חייו של ישוע המשיח, אשר מוצאו מיוחס לדוד המלך ולאברהם אבינו:

ᎣᏍᏛ ᎧᏃᎮᏛ ᎹᏚ ᎤᏬᏪᎳᏅᎯ 1:1Cherokee New Testament
1 ᎯᎠ ᎪᏪᎵ ᎧᏃᎮᎭ ᏧᏁᏢᏔᏅᏒ ᏥᏌ ᎦᎶᏁᏛ, ᏕᏫ ᎤᏪᏥ, ᎡᏆᎭᎻ ᎤᏪᏥ.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I don't know what you mean - you're not so sure about what?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Anyone may choose to follow Jesus, and anyone who does will be saved. The Book of Romans explains it all.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

Does following Jesus mean being a good person, or must one join the cult officially somehow?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Following his teachings would make you a relatively good person, but then again, who is really good? Rather or not you believe in him, or however you live your life, God loves you.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: mikefougnie

Does following Jesus mean being a good person, or must one join the cult officially somehow?

Following "Jesus" will NOT make you a good person being a good person will.Joining "the cult" will DEFINITELY not make you a good person only a good cult person but...you already knew that...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Those last two posts are the sort of thing I love to hear from christians, or from anyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to: Rustami
Just because you say you heard Jesus speak in English that does not mean it's his original name/language. Paul says he heard Jesus speak in the Hebrew tongue. Acts 26:14
And the older bibles were not written in English.

If you are used to the name Jesus that's fine but it is not Historically accurate to say he was always called Jesus.

Jesus is what we call him in English, even in that Maori Bible quote hhis name is written and pronounced differently

Ihu karaiti

Do you believe they aren't saved because of how a difference of language means they pronounce and spell it differently?

edit on 13-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
reply to: Rustami

If you are used to the name Jesus that's fine but it is not Historically accurate to say he was always called Jesus.

"used to the name", is it? cheese n crackers man, HE SAID IT. Who said that? Anyway since you bring it up it is historically accurate to the extent at the very least of the introduction of Himself many moons ago

Jesus is what we call him in English, even in that Maori Bible quote hhis name is written and pronounced differently
again Jesus just like the spelling sounds is what He introduced Himself as in English

Ihu karaiti

OK and?? here's some more

Language Name/variant
Afrikaans Jesus
Albanian Jezusi
Arabic `Isà عيسى (Islamic) / Yasū`(a) يسوع (Christian)
Aragonese Chesús
Aramaic ܝܫܘܥ (Isho)
Azerbaijani İsa
Bengali যীশু
Bosnian Isus
Breton Jezuz
Catalan Jesús
Chinese 耶稣 (Simplified), 耶穌 (Traditional) – Yēsū (Mandarin), Yèh-sōu (Cantonese)
Cornish Yesu
Croatian Isus
Czech Ježíš
Dutch Jezus
Estonian Jeesus
Filipino Hesus/Hesukristo
Finnish Jeesus
French Jésus
Galician Xesús
Garo Jisu
Georgian იესო (Ieso)
Greek Ιησούς (Iisoús modern Greek pronunciation)
Haitian Creole Jezi
Hawaiian Jesu
Hebrew Yeshu ישו (Jewish, secular) / Yeshua יֵשׁוּעַ (Christian)
Hmong Daw Yexus
Hungarian Jézus
Icelandic Jesús
Indonesia Yesus (Christian) / Isa (Islamic)
Irish Íosa
Italian Gesù
Japanese イエス (Iesu)
Kazakh Иса (Isa)
Korean 예수 (Yesu)
Kurdish Îsa
Latvian Jēzus
Ligurian Gesû
Limburgish Zjezus
Lithuanian Jėzus
Lombard Gesü
मराठी-Marathi येशू - Yeshu
Malayalam ഈശോ (Isho), യേശു (Yeshu), കോശി (Koshi)
Mirandese Jasus
Maltese Ġesù
Neapolitan Gèsù
Norman Jésus
Occitan Jèsus
Piedmontese Gesù
Polish Jezus
Portuguese Jesus
Romanian Isus
Russian Иисус (Iisus)
Sardinian Gesùs
Serbian Исус (Isus)
Sicilian Gesù
Sinhala ජේසුස් වහන්සේ - ‍Jesus Wahanse
Scottish Gaelic Ìosa
Slovak Ježiš
Slovenian Jezus
Spanish Jesús
Swahili Yesu
Tajik Исо (Iso)
Tamil இயேசு - Yesu
Telugu Yesu
Thai เยซู - "Yesu"
Turkish İsa
Turkmen Isa
Ukrainian Ісус (Isus)
Uzbek Iso
Venetian Jesu
Vietnamese Giêsu
Welsh Iesu
Zulu uJesu

Do you believe they aren't saved because of how a difference of language means they pronounce and spell it differently?
Don't be ridiculous, I'm not the one attempting to turn this into some foreign typing language name history study thing..do you have a problem with the ETERNAL King speaking in English? What is the official language of heaven? Are you going to tell Him how he should have pronounced His name more accurately in English according to some historical study or whatever of yours and whoevers?
edit on 13-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

He didn't say it - it's just how the people that wrote it down said it by the time it was translated to the name you know now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join