It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusion..All who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

I don't mind how people Pronounce the name of Jesus. The fact remains that the English name Jesus did not exist in ancient Judea. It is a known fact that the sound of the English j does not exist in hebrew or greek the languages of the bible.

The name was given to him since he was to be the salvation of his people. The name Jesus doesn't mean anything but Yeshu means Salvation.

if Jesus introduced himself in English saying Jesus then good for you. I don't mind how you pronounce it in whatever language you speak.
edit on 13-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I don't think you comprehende..HE did say it audibly just a few years ago as in our time, you know like with a voice and pronounced

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I don't mind how people Pronounce the name of Jesus.
How about Jesus saying Jesus?

The fact remains that the English name Jesus did not exist in ancient Judea. It is a known fact that the sound of the English j does not exist in hebrew or greek the languages of the bible.
You may want to ponder eternal along with ancient matters a little further and again the fact remains He said Jesus just as it sounds which my friend is the very subject-

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John5

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians3

John 3 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

1 Thessalonians 4 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first

The name was given to him since he was to be the salvation of his people. The name Jesus doesn't mean anything but Yeshu means Salvation.
whoa nelly, unbelievable! Jesus is the name of the Lord, the eternal, invisible and immortal King. He literally paid me a visit from heaven and literally saved my life in an instant, is what it means and know there's plenty others

Hebrews 12 For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven

if Jesus introduced himself in English saying Jesus then good for you. I don't mind how you pronounce it in whatever language you speak.
Honestly? Because it seems it's been nothing but that from you from the get go.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The OP quote is not a new one...
It begs some very confronting questions...

Saved from what, whom?
I've never seen, personally heard, the question of the logic answered...like some closed loop, three ring circus dodging game...giving all the usual pat answers...OP has had an experience that has propelled him/her to use an interweb site to personally condemn all who do not 'call on the name of Jesus'...My original question has not been answered, some pages ago (ignore it and it will go away?)...

Saved from what?…is the pertinent question…I know the pat answer - I want a sensible one, because you better believe in Almightiness to answer it correctly…otherwise, just like all others who have had this personal experience, you have only really had an episode describing a hallucination, that you are at liberty to share…

Saved from what?

A99

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That's what you get from listening to Paul...

but in reality...

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

Cool story Bro…

…hopefully all the little children, some now adults, who were screamin' Jesus when their innocence was being plundered by those who frock up and regularly say Jesus, will be saved…

A99

thats a question?

death, perishing

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami

Cool story Bro…

…hopefully all the little children, some now adults, who were screamin' Jesus when their innocence was being plundered by those who frock up and regularly say Jesus, will be saved…

A99

thats a question?

death, perishing

We all 'die'...'perishing'?

Implicit question was...Will all those innocent children, many now adults, be saved (are saved)...and if so, why must their suffering be compounded by frocked up pretenders who regularly say the name of Jesus (who presumably, because they regularly utter the name are already saved - yet, perform the abominations they do)
Did Jesus answer you this one?

A99
edit on 14-9-2014 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

His name is Jesus but nice try, you know the same one who stopped Saul's murderous ways

I recommend you revisit that "Lord, Lord" again and see if there's anything like what Paul's writings point out that Jesus had already said sinks in, being of the same Spirit and all

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Same spirit?

LOL what a joke...

It takes a little more then calling the name of Jesus my friend...

edit on 14-9-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Cool story Bro…

A99

thats a question?

death, perishing

No, did it look to you like a question? It was a statement of fact that those little kids all died in screaming agony, while doing exactly what you said they ought to in order to be saved by the guy you say was called Jesus when in actual fact that name didn't even exist to the man.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead 2Corinthians5

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dude, use your own words - not those of other people that might or might not have been psychotic and who have been dead for at least 1,500 years.

Edit: Add to that the translation of other men who have been dead for about 400 years and all of them - including the original writers - likely had an agenda.
edit on 14-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

…so…they are 'saved' already?

…probably better that you ask Jesus now, the question I just asked you…

Also…Saved from what?

A99

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't think you comprehende..HE did say it audibly just a few years ago as in our time, you know like with a voice and pronounced

Who said, Jesus did? Holy crap, buddy! If you think that, I think you need your head looked at because it might be a tumour.

edit on 14-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

Also…Saved from what?

A99

Apparently not saved from being slaughtered in agony while calling out his 'name'.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Cool story Bro…

A99

My original question has not been answered, some pages ago (ignore it and it will go away?)...

thats a question?

death, perishing

No, did it look to you like a question? It was a statement of fact that those little kids all died in screaming agony, while doing exactly what you said they ought to in order to be saved by the guy you say was called Jesus when in actual fact that name didn't even exist to the man.

No thats exactly why I said that.. What kids?

here's what he/she said/asked again-

Cool story Bro…

A99

"My original question has not been answered, some pages ago (ignore it and it will go away?)... "

edit on 14-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Dude, keep up.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. Revelation18

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. John1

For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.1Corinthians7

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: akushla99

Also…Saved from what?

A99

Apparently not saved from being slaughtered in agony while calling out his 'name'.

"Apparently not saved from being slaughtered in agony while calling out his 'name'." Quote BasementWarriorKryptonite

This is the immediate answer to the immediate question (of course)…the answer to the pertinent question is problematic in the extreme…a crisis of belief, if you will…as yet, unanswered…

A99

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

what happened to "we're all one.."? just not Paul and Christians?

Isaiah 66 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Matthew 24 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

1 Peter 4 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

John 8 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joel 2 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered

1 Corinthians 1 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join