It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusion..All who call on the name of Jesus will be saved.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

"The NAME of Yahoshua(not Jesus)"

more bologne

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Im not sure why eveyone is so up tight here. The OP simply stated that salvation comes by believing that Jesus died for our sins. That does happen to be the overall message of the Bible. If you dont like it, dont read the bible.

As far as the claim that Jesus visited the OP, Im not going to pass judgement. My wife's grandfather was visited by an angel who told him to believe on Jesus. From that day forward, his life was changed. My brother-in-law was miraculously healed of a skeletal deformaty through prayer in Jesus' name. Ive experienced paranormal spiritual warfare myself. The fact is, things happen that cannot be explained. The OP's experience further corroborates the central theme of these events: that all things will be made subject to Jesus. Those who believe will be saved, those who do not believe have been judged already, from the foundation of the universe.

If angels, or even Jesus Himself can visit men, then what prevents Him from visiting those who seek the truth in the most remote parts of the world? God calls who He chooses, for they are His sheep and recongize His calling. It doesnt matter how geographically isolated a person may be, the gospel is spread according to God's will, not man's.

If this seems peculiar you should hear how things are in my non-virtual world
edit on 2-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Another way of looking at this, in parable form, would be those who seek within, the Word, The Guide, and seek their Higher Self and Higher Source Guidance.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami
a reply to: Shiloh7

Nope

2 Corinthians 5 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

I can think of this as being judged by the holy spirit (the light/chi) and receive the seeding of what he have sown (according to the karma the person have created). This is not specific to western ideals but the same in Hinduism and Buddhism.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Please expound on what you mean when you say that you have been personally visited by The LORD Jesus Christ. You do realize that saying such a thing completely nullifies anything else that you have to say.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

Please expound on what you mean when you say that you have been personally visited by The LORD Jesus Christ. You do realize that saying such a thing completely nullifies anything else that you have to say.

Please expound on what you think it nullifies

My visit-

One night near death as I sat down the nickle plated Colt to pick up a pocket green Gideon NT a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and when I had begun to open just the cover (in one last hope about to start reading), immediately an audible voice sitting on my left said my name then "I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish" I stood up quickly as if by a new power, turned to the voice and said yes Lord

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The OP simply stated that salvation comes by believing that Jesus died for our sins. That does happen to be the overall message of the Bible.
The "overall message" of the Bible, I would say, is don't sin.

If the Bible says that Jesus died for our sins, it means that Jesus died in order to do something about our situation of being in sin, the goal being to not be sinning.

. . . those who do not believe have been judged already, from the foundation of the universe.
I think when Jesus was saying this, according to the Gospel of John, Israel (the physical remnant at that time that represented the legacy of Israel) was being judged as he spoke, when the Jewish leaders were figuring out ways to neutralize his effect.
I don't think that Jesus was talking about individual people today, as if we are by default destined for destruction.
What was the desire of God was to bring about a more direct connection with people, and that was through Jesus and the church.
That was what was ordained from "the foundation", that people would be saved from a life of sin, and would come to living righteously through the knowledge of God.

edit on 2-9-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Scripture, and your Jesus visitor, both said to believe in Him and live. They said NOTHING about judging the souls of others and assuming they are lost.

BTW - what I said is true, you aren't the only one who has had visitations from Heaven. And yes .. I know something greater than judgmentalism. It's called LOVE - I know not to judge the souls others and to leave that to God.

You love God and want everyone to as well. Great. I know that fever well. Here's the thing ... (and I did the same darn thing for years) ... tossing scripture quotes out left and right doesn't bring people to God. Know what does? LOVE. The minute you judge someone, you have lost the chance to show them God's love. Only God's love will bring people to Him. That's it.

Awesome Post…
Starred...

And Jesus agrees with you…

Luke 6:31
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

This above verse is Love in action…and shows IMO that God can’t be condemning people in the way that standard Bible theology portrays it i.e. Hell (Fire and Brimstone etc…)

Luke 6:37
37 ‘Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

And the above verse again, is actually stating that by not condemning others, you will not be condemned yourself…

I seriously worry for those, who are condemning other people to Hell, especially considering the verse below…i.e. Matthew 7:2

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

It seems to me that going by Jesus own words… by condemning others people are really only condemning themselves…

It’s just like Jesus said in the verse below…

Matthew 23:15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.”

- JC

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
My bet is he didn't hear Jesus but the one whoeth one shouldn'teth be namedeth. ( heck I love talking 1800's style)
You know Lucy.
Just because a voice told you it was jesus doesn't mean it was and the way you judge is more Satan like then god like.

Yea, though he didst speaketh liketh the silly bibleth, it was still lesseth dumbeth thaneth saying y'allseth's had metst Jesus LOLETH

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Jesus is definitely all about the truth and when following or saying someone says something THEY did'nt (a lie/false testimony~not the truth) for whatever the reason YOU receive the same measure you/follower "judge" by

Are these incorrect also?

(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. 2Thessalonians

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 1 Corinthians15

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Does anyone know what that crap means in actual modern english?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

King James Version (Crown copyright/Public Domain in the United States)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami

King James Version (Crown copyright/Public Domain in the United States)

King James has been dead for almost 400 years - I think it's time christians stopped trying to talk like him.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I guess The Demons of Legion are going to heaven. Not only did they call out the name of "Jesus", but they called him "Son of The Most High" and begged him not to torture them (Mark 5:7).

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
King James has been dead for almost 400 years - I think it's time christians stopped trying to talk like him.

It's a Superiority thing. There are people who believe that translation of The Bible is the only true version, so not only is Christianity the only "true" religion, but their sect is the only "true" sect of Christianity and their Bible translation is the only "true" Bible translation.

There is so much infighting.

By the way, this in King James English:

1 Corinthians 15
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

means this in Modern English:

1 Corinthians15
And if Christ did not raise [back from the dead], [then] your faith is meaningless; you are still in your sins. [If this is the case] then those who already died believing in Christ are destroyed.

edit on 3-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The bible is much more a fabrication of people wanting to control others than being a book from God.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, you've confused religion (which IS a fabrication BTW), with truth.

The two have nothing in common.

MANY others have had very similar experiences, myself included:

"At that time of the day, nobody was at the house. My family, my brothers plus my grandmother, they had all gone somewhere else, up the hill to do something. And I was spending time in one of the rooms of the house, alone, just reading my Bible, and after a while, I just laid out on the floor and was praying, and kind of reading the Bible, and I heard a voice speak to me, it sounded like a male voice, it was audible, and it said "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

Working With Angels

While seeking more meaning for her life, she (Derek Princes wife) started reading the Bible and received a vision of Jesus Christ that led to her salvation and baptism in the Holy Spirit. Derek Prince

At age 12, his growing awareness of God led him to the Bible and he started reading it from the beginning. Halfway through Deuteronomy he decided that it was full of rules and regulations and didn’t want anything to do with it. Just as he shut the Bible he heard a voice say, “Put your hand on top of the table and pick the table up.” Ian put his hand flat on the table top and it rose, sideways off the floor. “It was an amazing power rush,” Ian explained. “Suddenly, I walked in power.”

Excerpt from Shifting Shadows of Supernatural Power

Amazingly, when I set the Bible down, it supernaturally opened to the title page of the Book of Acts ~ Kevin Basconi Dancing with Angels 2

Not long ago, the Lord gave me $200,000. I said, "Lord, what am I going to do with it? I don't need it. What did You give it to me for?" He said, "You passed my test." I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith by Norvel Hayes.

Praying all night in the mosque, he asked God to help him. Suddenly he felt drops of oil falling on him and even smelled its fragrance, he says. He claims another time he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible—an abomination to a Muslim. “We would not touch a modern-day Bible,” he says. “This voice immediately put a desire in my heart. It is so vivid, so clear, so overwhelming. Still today, I could not forget that voice.”

For example, one man in a nation hostile to Christianity says he heard a voice telling him, “Find Jesus, find the gospel.” He didn’t know what Jesus was—a chair, a tree, an animal? But the voice told him exactly what city and house to go to, so he traveled for two weeks, arriving directly at the door of one of only three believers in the city.

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

In the summer of 1974, when I was eight years old, I went into my bedroom after school one day to read my daily assignment in the Bible. I wanted to hurry up and finish reading the four chapters of the Gospel of John that I was to read that day, so I could get back out and play with my friends. I lay down on the bed with my Bible in my hands. As soon as my head touched the pillow, however, the Bible, the bed, my room, and even my body disappeared! I had no warning. Suddenly, the real me—the Roberts Liardon who is a spirit being and occupies this body (2 Cor. 5:1-10)—was moving through the heavens at a high rate of speed.

All I knew that afternoon in 1974 was that suddenly I was flying through the heavenlies at an unbelievable speed. I passed many things in the first heaven, then zoomed through the second heaven, and landed outside of the biggest gate I had ever seen—or have ever seen since. It was the biggest gate I had ever seen in my life. Its presence gave forth not an aura—but its own glow—its own life. I shook myself to see if I were dreaming. It had all happened so fast. But I decided it was real when I heard a voice speaking to me. A man said, "This is one of the gates." I turned around, and there stood Jesus Christ in all His glory!

Caught Up to Heaven

As I stood there in the front of the church weeping and weeping, huge weights were being lifted from my back, my life and my mind. I was literally being cleansed and purified supernaturally by the Lord Jesus Christ as I was repenting of my sins, and I was filled with such tremendous love, joy and peace.

The Lord spoke two things to me there. The first was that every Word in the Bible was true, and the second was that I would never die. I was floating after that for eight years, and the Bible came alive to me and the words leaped off of the pages and literally exploded into my brain. Source

The very next day 6 PM came and no Lord. I waited till 6:05 and began to wonder. At 06:07 I began to pray. God spoke to me and said, "You have no need I appear to you. You now know all I ever did say and ever will say is what the Bible says. The Bible is My Holy Word. It is YOUR responsibility to read the Bible and find out what it says."

To this day, if I have a vision or appearance, and IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH THE BIBLE, I reject it. Period. God stays in line with the Holy Word. Jesus Himself said the scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35, Matthew 5:18.) If you want God to speak to you, read your Bible. The Bible IS God talking to you. And yes, stick with the 1611 King James version. Spend time in praise and worship so you can discern what the Bible is saying.

OUR NEED TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM

Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

edit on 3-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Cool story Bro…

…hopefully all the little children, some now adults, who were screamin' Jesus when their innocence was being plundered by those who frock up and regularly say Jesus, will be saved…

A99
edit on 3-9-2014 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Probably the best post in this entire thread. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 1 Corinthians15
Your faith would not be able to bring about righteousness in you, and so the futility of it.
Righteousness equals life, and as Jesus had life in him, though he was killed as a criminal, it demonstrated that he was accepted as righteous by God, even if the religious leaders did not find him to be so.
That acceptance of Jesus by God is our acceptance, in that we are his brothers, making it possible for us, though we are born human in a world weighed down with sin, we can rise above it with God's power.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
Jesus is definitely all about the truth and when following or saying someone says something THEY did'nt (a lie/false testimony~not the truth) for whatever the reason YOU receive the same measure you/follower "judge" by

Exactly, people receive the same measure, according to Jesus and the verses I mentioned in my first post (Matthew 7:2, Luke 6:37 and Luke 6:31)

Those verses can’t be talking about mans judgment, and of how men will judge each other in this life, because we all know that men don’t judge fairly. For example, someone does something bad to someone, and then that person tries to do something back to them, twice as worse etc…

So those verses, above, must be talking about a righteous judgement that comes from God and not men. Which IMO cannot include (depending on your theological stance of course) Hell fire for all eternity, or eternal destruction…

My own personal view is that the Bible contains both truth (Wheat) and lies (Weeds)…

This is what I believe Jesus was pointing out in the verse below…

Matthew 13:27-29
27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

The Kingdom of God/Heaven, within all of us, is the Good news IMO…the Bible contains this truth, but it has become entangled with lies. By destroying one (The Lies) you would be destroying the other also (The Truth)…

Jesus knew this would happen, through the various written texts, so there is Wisdom in his words…only the Spirit of truth can guide people into the truth…

The “Harvest” in the above verse is talking about the realisation of the truth within you, and Jesus use of the metaphor of burning the Weeds, is not about destroying people with Hell/Fire IMO, but is instead about destroying the lies that has wrapped itself around the truth…

- JC

edit on 3-9-2014 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join