It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if Putin.......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Unlike in Quebec, the independent vote in both Crimea and Donbass People's Republic...............the voting in these two places succeeded in the favor of secession from Ukraine and possibly joining Russia in the future.

That would be because that was the only two choices they had, because there was no choice for staying with Ukraine not to mention the Crimean vote was a fraud and the Russians admitted it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Crimea was accepted by Russia for strategic reasons. DPR/NovoRossiya is still in works.

No Putin just didn't want to pay the lease he agreed upon, so better to annex it than to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

i quoted Stalin didnt i?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

In Canada the vote was held using the Constitution and applicable laws.

In Ukraine the first few votes were held suing Ukraine's constitution as required.

The recent vote in Crimea violated the Ukraine and Crimean constitution.
The recent votes in the south and east Ukraine violated the Ukraine constitution as any vote on the change of Ukraines borders requires the ENTIRE country vote. That did not occur.

So you can cry and whine about disinformation but the simple fact is its not. The only reason you are doing that is because you do not know what's going on in Ukraine, you don't understand the laws in Ukraine, and further its evident you don't care for the truth as you complain about anything that does not support your agenda.

Is there any
specific reason you cannot accept the truth?

If my info is "disinfo" as you claim then there should be no issues of you posting the information to show I am wrong.

I look forward to your response and info supporting your claims about my post.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Xcathdra

i quoted Stalin didnt i?

What does the US have to do with Stalin?

Unless you meant to poste Putins picture.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Crimea was accepted by Russia for strategic reasons. DPR/NovoRossiya is still in works.

Im sorry... Putin stated he invaded Ukraine because of ethnic Russians.

Which is it... Ethnic Russians, strategic reasons?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Russia have to fallow the Old Cold war time/strategy do the post cald war reality. Russia is practically isolated by US/NATO. Russia only have Three Tools to negotiate With towards the western empire.

1. Oile and Gass
2. WTO in the UN.
3. Its Nuclear capasity.

Russia have to play their Cards the way they are doing. They dont have anything else.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

A lie? No more like I misread the wiki. Not everythings a purposeful misdirection.ever hear of a accident?

But her eis something from the WIKI about russia."Russia – Russia strongly condemned the campaign. The president Boris Yeltsin stated that, 'Russia is deeply upset by NATO's military action against sovereign Yugoslavia, which is nothing more than open aggression.'[198] They also condemned NATO at the United Nations saying that NATO air strikes on Serbia were 'an illegal action.'[204] Some Russians volunteered to go to Kosovo, not only to fight the KLA, but also to oppose NATO.[205]"

SO apparently russia was FOR the serbians/yugoslavians fighting each other. and by extension was going to sit by ans let the ethnic cleansing continue.
Oh and look more volunteers in another conflict to fight on russia behalf against NATO.

(post by victor7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
How you doing guys? Anyway I am a Russian citizen and US citizen. All I can tell you guys is stop watching CNN and FOX news all it is is propaganda....We as Russian people hate wars! Its all politics, you and me have no say so.... Putin knows no one can stop him because Russian is one of the nuclear superpowers. Obama just doesnt know what to do ether. How about protecting america! Worry about us that are here not the rest of the world! But anyways guys dont be shallow minded...Its a political world, but do me a favor dont believe the mainstream media!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Isolated how?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: russiandatruth

Your overselling it for a person who just registered today.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: spy66

Isolated how?

Russia is isolated when it comes to American geopolitical strategy. Russia only have Three options to Counter US geopolitical strategy and that is either by WTO in the UN, Oil and gass deals, or by showing force.

Russia have played two Cards conserning the Ukraine towards US/NATO geopolitics, and that is Oil and Gass deals, and military force.

The US/NATO have a lot more than just sanctions to play against Russia.

The US have the UN in their Pockets. We all know that from the oudio tape With Victoria Nuland. And from who is now in political Power in Ukraine. So a Russian WTO in th UN against any of this is mute and dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Saying that the war in Afghanistan was only Russian's fault and therefore trying to present like they alone are guilty of the death of so many people, is simply not true. A lot of countries contributed to the war to have that many casualties, including the US...what a shock right?

Russia did not have to involve itself in Afghanistan's internal politics, but it did. Thousands of Russian lives could have been saved if the Russian military just stayed at home. (I have heard the operations began without all the members of the Troika knowing about it.) Can you not see that Putin is repeating the Kremlin's earlier mistake?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: russiandatruth

How you doing guys? Anyway I am a Russian citizen and US citizen. All I can tell you guys is stop watching CNN and FOX news all it is is propaganda....We as Russian people hate wars! Its all politics, you and me have no say so.... Putin knows no one can stop him because Russian is one of the nuclear superpowers.

One word...Afghanistan.

The place a superpower was stopped and sent home with their tails between their legs. Being a superpower doesn't make you invincible.

Unlike the propaganda that get's spewed from Russian media on a daily basis.
edit on 1-9-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That defeat of the Soviets was a direct result of US covert involvement, including advanced weaponry, intelligence and strategic information sharing etc.

The old school rooskies are still extremely bitter over that one. Most of the conflicts in more recent times are essentially proxy conflicts between the USA and Russia.

They support our "enemies" we support theirs, it is a dangerous but predictable game.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That defeat of the Soviets was a direct result of US covert involvement, including advanced weaponry, intelligence and strategic information sharing etc.

Actually that was an all enveloping comment, because even the US had their butts handed to them and me being american I am not scared to admit it. Now can we say the Russians didn't help when we went in, because that seems to be a way to pay us back for the trouble they had .

It's only speculation on my part, but it is a very plausible situation that could have happened.

They support our "enemies" we support theirs, it is a dangerous but predictable game.

That's the world in a nutshell.
edit on 1-9-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join