What would happen if Putin.......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What would happen if Putin were to be eliminated? It seems the bulk of Russian expansionist dreams are more his than the Russian people.

Would Russia still be on it's current aggressive path or would it work on domestic issues? Personally, I think the world would be better off without Putin in the equation. Russians that I know left Russia because they feared what their country was becoming under Putin, those fears seem justified.

I'm curious as to what the ATS community thinks what would happen in a world without Putin.
edit on 30-8-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Putin is not the only politician in Russia who dreams the old power Russia used to have. The other politicians who share the same view as Putin are more loudly speaking about Great Russia than Putin is.

Vladimir Zhirinovski
Sergei Zeleznjak
Aleksandr Dugin
Nikolai Starikov
Sergei Naryshkin

Just to name a few and there are many more. There is a nationalist idea of Great Russia growing strongly and the idea of how big Russia should be is not about the area during the Soviet Union time but the area of the tsar times Russia.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
With lack of free press, internet controls and any opposition having been squashed most likely a Putin buddy would just step in. We are more likely to see a miltary coup than somebody other than one of Putins cronies take power.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think it would be for the Russians the same as JFK was here in America.
A national tragedy for them, even if I think they have been misguided by him.

As well it might be a reason for them to sour on the west even more if thats possible at this point.
My limited experience has given me the feeling that the average Russian is just like us in America
in their dreams and desires for a better life for their children and themselves.

TAW

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Putin is a very wise and clever man ,and i believe that he has a lot of support from the Russian people who want strong leadership

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What would happen if Putin were to be eliminated?

Probably nothing.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Last 14 years the west with Anglo American help has killed a vast amount of civilians in wars

Care to tell me how many Russia has killed in its wars?

You have the audacity to want Putin killed when you turn a blind eye to the blood on your door step

Anyway,come on anti Putin and Russian haters tell me how many civilians those pesky Russians have killed in the last 14 years-I await with baited breath

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TAWonATS
I'm not saying an assianation, it could be a coup, sudden death ect. Would Russia be the same geopolitically with someone other than Putin at the helm. I get the distinct feeling he is Leader of Russia for Life.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If there are some people here who honestly believe that Putin is the main problem for the human civilization, sorry to tell you, but ATS is a wrong place for you all.

Without Putin, maybe another Gaddafi would appear...or Assad...or some other man who would be crazy, bad enough to stood up to the west and oppose them and then get compared to Hitler for doing so.

In the meanwhile, the US would continue spying on their own citizens and citizens of other countries, there would be some other rebels to be funded...as usual...

Do you remember when i said that there are people who think that everything bad on this world is Russia's fault? Or Putin's in this case? See, i wasn't wrong at all...

Russians man...
edit on 628k2014Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TAWonATS

Every fourth Russian sees that they are already at war with Ukraine, there was a survey which was published yesterday made by Levada.ru which makes omnibus surveys in Russia.
Russian poll: Putin faces limited opposition from his public on Ukraine
more about survey LINK
LEVADA

More surveys by Levada Link needs a translator
edit on 30-8-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I watched the 10 oclock news tonight and saw David Cameron "condemning" Russia for military activity in Ukraine which is "totally unacceptable" because we would never condone military action against another country would we??

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

If Putin were to go away I think the core groups who surround and support Putin may very well try to become the successor. I think it would lead to a collapse of the current power structure.

Honestly speaking though the Russian people would need to decide what they want. I think Putin going away would be good.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245

I watched the 10 oclock news tonight and saw David Cameron "condemning" Russia for military activity in Ukraine which is "totally unacceptable" because we would never condone military action against another country would we??

Last I checked the British and American people were not all that happy with the respective governments when it came to foreign entanglements.

However, the US and UK did not nationalize the media in order to use it as a propaganda instrument. The US nor the UK have annexed any of the countries in question.

If people find what the US and UK did as wrong, then there should be no reason to support Putin / Russia for doing the same thing.

Are people that incapable of being for Russia but against Putin and his policies? The Russian people are suppose to be strong and intelligent yet their cowardly behavior towards their opinion about putin says otherwise.

If Russians are as free as some claim then why are they silenced?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

I watched our 6 o'clock news. There were two stories back to back. First one was Obama condemning Russia for violating Ukrainian sovereignty by crossing into Ukraine land. The next story was Obama saying he hadn't ruled out bombing Syria yet. I couldn't help but laugh.
On topic I wouldn't mind if most of the world "leaders" just disappeared.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Russia is on a trajectory of initiating conflict against its neighboring countries. Do the Russians here at ATS feel that what Russia is doing is justified? Do you feel good that the majority of Russia's neighbors fear further aggression from Russia towards them? Or is that all just a Western conspiracy to make Russia look bad?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Putin should go away but not by elimination, that would only make those core people more aggressive, serves no one. If that would happen Russians would demand more action against the powers who "are behind" it. This would mean that even moderate citizens would turn into nationalistic. There are Presidential election coming to Russia and how Putin plays his card now in the Ukraine situation pretty much writes the future, more hard sanctions EU and US make, harder it is for people to love Putin and longer the sanctions are on, less popular is Putin.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Interesting article, I wonder how much State controlled media has had a part to play in the "it's the USA stirring up trouble in Ukraine" result of that poll. To be honest, the Ukraine wasn't on the US Public radar till Russia started getting belligerent towards it. Russian media is pretty much lying to the Russian people if you think the US is trying to ferment trouble there. Look at our President, he is many things, but he isn't of strong enough convictions to plan on "taking" Ukraine from Russia.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The current sanctions aren't enough to hit home to the average Russian citizen the severity of the actions happening in Ukraine. Diplomacy isn't the first option here with defusing this crisis, so it seems.

Once aggression is rewarded, or ignored, it begats further agression. History has proved that.

There needs to be a peaceful solution to the Ukrainian crisis.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm surprised the resident small time anti Putin troll doesn't know the BBC and daily newspapers are given headlines to air and print by the governments of the day for national interests

Alistair Campbell being the vile man he is would bully and force his spin ( another way to lie and get away with it)on his governments agenda into the airwaves to brainwash the uneducated who lapped it up like it was their last meal

He forced a DG of the BBC to resign and a reporter to be sacked (memory fails me,reporter might have been called Andrew Gilligan ) over the dodgy dossier of war that was a pack of lies

Then the BBC has this rancid individual on many of their shows later,obviously paying him while staff fell on their swords for this deceitful person

Taking matters up to speed in our time frame,who shot down that plane in Ukraine killing so many?

The media all jumped the gun and hinted Russia and Putin did it,but now there is a deafening silence

Has the government issued a D notice?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Because unlike Russian media, the BBC can actually post items that run contrary to the government.

Russian media has ben turned into nothing more than a state sponsored court stenographer. The media outlets that were critical of Putin are gone. The people in charge of those media outlets fled or are in jail.

The only thing small time is Putin. His world of the Soviet Union is dead and wont be coming back.

edit on 30-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join