It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help in researching an incorporation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I know all about the various fake jobs in this world. But this one is so vague it isn't even funny. I can't even find it on the stock market yet.

I know to avoid any contact with these people but I am about to go in for an interview having absolutely no idea what to expect. Other than somehow being thrown into a pyramid scheme again.

I have been trying to find out more about this stupid company other than its quickly thrown together website and a bunch of pictures of people in business suites.

So here is the company: Big Country Consulting.

Godaddy doesn't bring up anything. Google brings up a bunch of generic search engines for it. And another website I was able to find at least the principal of this supposed "consulting" firm.

The principal is Samantha Jackson.
The Agent seems to be Dane Brown.
The scope of their mission seems to be focused on "marketing." Specifically Business to Commercial sales. (B2C Sales.) Using a slogan for ROI (Return on Investment) being 100%. They claim they have Century link on board with them...

(hah. I know this one is fake. I know enough about the stock market to not ever believe an ROI of 100%)

But seriously Business to Commercial sales? Is that not just renaming B2B to B2C? (business to business sales.)

The two HR people who contacted me were Liz Zaldivar, and Jordan McDonald.

This company has just started last month. And they have a tour like a gypsy camp set up to get people interested.

Looking at the linked in profile for Dane Brown it brings up that he was a "General manager for Capitol Grill" (Notice misspelled name? Grill. It should be "Grille.")

He has experience in Hotel Management, Restaurant Management, Coordinating Events, Marketing, and Sales.

His profile was recently created.

(I know these are all big ol huge #ing red flags but seriously? Barely any effort put into his profile. Barely any effort put into his website. In fact just searching for the name of Big Country Consulting I found that Craigslist in New Mexico had a job posting for this company for web design.

I have no information on Samantha Jackson, no information on this Jordan McDonald, or Liz Zaldivar.

These people have seen my profile through a workforce center for the jobless in new Mexico.

So far they set up an interview with me and asked that I bring a hard copy of my resume with me. Which sounds VERY VERY CONSPICUOUS.

So I am going to lie on my resume, forget my Social Security Card, and bring an old ID with me. Mainly one that doesn't reflect my new address on it and is still valid.

What I am thinking is that they will try one of 4 things. But I hope they don't try to sign me up for a loan in my name that they can trick me into not reading thoroughly.

Maybe you guys can help? Maybe this team of people have appeared elsewhere that I have no idea of yet? Maybe this seems to similar to something that has appeared in your town? Let me know. I found out as much as I could and I am leaning towards Pyramid scheme, or "Equity" investing. Which is a very risky thing to get into.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i found this Linkwith a person involved named Dane Brown about halfway down the page. no idea if it's the same person

also another company Prudential Consulting is listed at that exact address and suite
edit on 8/30/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I have done no research on this company, but I can tell you from experience a 100% return is unheard of. Especially, with a company you can find no viable information on.

Run the other way my friend

ETA
As a second thought. Run faster and steer clear of these people. I smell deception BIG TIME!
edit on 8/30/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Good Job

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I heard of a tragic story of a young women going for a job interview and was murdered. Everything looked legit but it was all bogus.

In Australia we have ABN lookup and that if the ABN is on their register... that shows that they are legit.
I don't know where you are...so not sure of how you can check legitimacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Is this the information that you are looking for?

Name BIG COUNTRY CONSULTING, INC.
Type Domestic Profit
Good Standing Status: The above corporation is in Good Standing until 3/15/2017
Filing Information
Corp # 4915658
Status Active Corporation
Date of Incorporation Jun-02-2014
State of Incorporation NM
Fiscal Year Date Dec-31-2016
Report Duedate Mar-15-2017
Address Information
1. Corp Mailing Address
8500 MENAUL BLVD NE STE B555
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - 87112
2. Principal Place Of Business In NM
8500 MENAUL BLVD NE STE B555
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - 87112
Agent Information
DANE BROWN
8500 MENAUL BLVD NE STE B555,
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - 87112
Directors Information
1. DANE BROWN
Officers/Organizer Information
1. Incorporator - SAMANTHA JACKSON
Instrument History
1. Instrument
Number 4915658
Filing Date Jun-02-2014
Type Certificate Of Incorporation
Text BIG COUNTRY CONSULTING, INC.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I guarentee you will show up and they will try to SELL you professional recruitment services. It is a huge scam in ABQ and also legally legitamate, so if you buy into all their swagger your f'ed!

Call them and ask what they are selling.

edit on 8/30/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If you know it's bogus,then why are you still planning on going?
Why waste your time and perhaps risk your safety?

You could spend your time looking for real jobs.
I'd advise you not to go if you have a bad feeling about it.
Call them and demand a clarification.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you already don't trust them, then why even waste your time by going to the interview. You've pretty much already said yourself that it's too good to be true.

Spend you time on something more productive that would be good for you.

At any rate, good luck and best wishes.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Alright. Eyes found exactly what I was looking for. An address that appears to be the same, with a similar company name. I should have continued with searching in other methods.

I know not to remain in contact with these people. But it is always fun to investigate.

With their fiscall year starting two years from now I am not even the slightest bit interested in even listening to them talk. But I have nothing else better to do.

That is why I figured I would bring in a fake resume and have nothing else but my id. Just to see who they are. What they are selling. Why they are in New Mexico. And how they plan to make money.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

if you do a little more digging,
you will find the company in question just started in January of this year

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Tuesday came and went. I arrived at the office and noticed they had a class... HAHAHAHAHA I already know this one. Reminds me of dream trips. Basically they are trying to sucker no name companies into buying services through us that they already use. Didn't even need to sit in the class. I talked with someone who was already out and saw me coming near.

a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Good eyes. Most of the tracks pointed at the company starting in June.

But no it is another triangle setup. Not interested.

new topics

top topics

join