It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find the cure for Cancer but no-one cares!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of us here recognise the fact that cancer is a fully treatable disease, and there is no logical reason to carry on with the current 'Cancer treatment programmes' other than PROFIT. It's sad but true.

With so many scientists backing Cannabis as a viable tool in treating cancer, you may be wondering why people aren't shouting from the rooftops about it. There are over 100 scientific studies which prove that Cannabis can treat and even cure cancer. President Nixon himself commissioned a study, which to his dismay, proved exactly this.

"The US Government has known since 1974 that Cannabis cures Cancer. In '72 Richard Nixon wanted a larger budget for his war on drugs. He thought that if he proved Cannabis caused lung cancer like cigarettes do, he would get the support he needed. He gave the Medical College of Virginia 2 years to do a study on the effects of THC on the body. In '74 the study was completed. It turns out, THC when ingested in highly concentrated forms (such as eating Cannabis oil) will attack any mutated cells in your body while strengthening and rejuvenating the healthy cells. They found the PERFECT cure for Cancer. It worked fast, it worked well, it worked on many different forms of Cancer in ALL stages and it had ZERO harmful side effects. (Unlike Chemo which deteriorates your entire body and kills 1 in 5 patients. Not only that, but it dissolves ALL forms of tumours and can even combat super-bugs like MRSA.) When Richard Nixon saw the results of the study he was FURIOUS. He threw the entire report in the trash and deemed the study classified. In 1976 President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out — unsuccessfully — to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the high.

Need I say more?

There are millions of people out there with debilitating diseases, who could all be helped dramatically if given medical access to this wonderful medicine. One of the more 'hot topics' of conversation at the moment is ALS and the 'Ice bucket challenge'.

All those hours of video on social media platforms and the sheer amount of media coverage the craze has garnered. All that money spent donating to ALS and people don't realise that Cannabis is actually revered as one of the best treatments for ALS!

Alongside many other debilitating diseases..

But no one cares!

The proof is out there.. all you have to do is open your eyes and look!

Scientists find the cure for Cancer but no-one cares!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have nothing against cannabis, but I dont think its the cure. It just help with the side effects of cancer treatments, etc... And I believe it does not benefit the lungs either, just look at all the resin left over in bowl, bong, whatever you smoke it out of

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I have nothing against cannabis, but I dont think its the cure. It just help with the side effects of cancer treatments, etc... And I believe it does not benefit the lungs either, just look at all the resin left over in bowl, bong, whatever you smoke it out of

1. Yes, Cannabis extracts CAN, HAVE and DO cure cancer under the right circumstances. (Strain, extract strength, dosage, application and location and size of cancerous cells.)
2. SMOKING CANNABIS is what helps with the SYMPTOMS of cancer.
3. Consuming RAW CANNABIS OIL EXTRACT is what cures cancer.

This is REAL SCIENCE backed by REAL SCIENTISTS.

Do some research. You're evidently missing out on a lot of information.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

The article stated "ingesting high concentrations of THC, like cannabis oil" is a viable treatment, not smoking it. Smoking it just helps with the after effects of other treatments, like the intolerable lack of appetite and nausea induced by chemotherapy.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Need I say more?

Actually, yes. A link to the actual study would be nice. I'm on the side of fence that says cannabis has more uses then are currently being utilized because other corporations in the medical field have a lock on that market. People understand that this is all profit driven. What people need are the conclusive facts, such as the study you mentioned, posted all over the popular social media sites. Specific facts to coraborate [sp?] the general understanding of this will put the pieces together so people can get the full picture.

People care, but until we can get information like that out to the public, there's not much they can do about it. It's still going to take a generation or so of the in-your-face bombardment of facts to the population in words they can understand and relate to, in order to turn this apple cart around so it's going in the right direction. In the direction that is beneficial to the overall health of people.

And to Glassbender.......inhaling cannabis is not the only method of ingestion that people can use to get the effects and medical benefits of it. Willie Nelson for example had some sort of vaporizing method going on for him. Like a state of art e-cig, only with THC instead of nicotine.
edit on 29-8-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

www.alternet.org...

Jumped the gun there... oops.

Cannibis along with Anti-Angiogenesis foods are the step to curing cancer.

edit on 29-8-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry but cannabis cures cancer is just an urban myth. Does have merit in supressing side effects of real treatment but not a cure in its own right.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Fortunately, in the past 10 years scientists overseas have generously picked up where U.S. researchers so abruptly left off, reporting that cannabinoids can halt the spread of numerous cancer cells -- including prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and brain cancer. (An excellent paper summarizing much of this research, "Cannabinoids for Cancer Treatment: Progress and Promise," appears in the January 2008 edition of the journal Cancer Research.) A 2006 patient trial published in the British Journal of Cancer even reported that the intracranial administration of THC was associated with reduced tumor cell proliferation in humans with advanced glioblastoma.

Science says otherwise.

mct.aacrjournals.org...

www.nature.com...

cancerres.aacrjournals.org...
edit on 29-8-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

As it happens, there is a drug, which is cheaper than dirt to make and which drug companies have totally and utterly ignored, since it is so cheap, that they would not be able to make a profit by selling it, and so, they do not make it.

It is not cannabis. Its called DCA, and the University of Alberta has been researching it for years. It is not under patent, and is so cheap to make that there has been zero interest from drug companies, ostensibly because they cannot see a way to actually monetise such a cheap drug. It has reduced tumor sizes by considerable amounts in laboratory tests on mice and the like.

Just google University of Alberta and DCA cancer cure... several different flavours of all the data you could ask for are available by doing so.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Top 10 Cannabis Studies the Government Wished it Had Never Funded

5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I): Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice’s lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.

4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II): In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, “in a dose-dependent manner” (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors). NTP Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans- Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F Mice, Gavage Studies. See also, “Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer,” AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997.

3) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART III): Researchers at the Kaiser-Permanente HMO, funded by NIDA, followed 65,000 patients for nearly a decade, comparing cancer rates among non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and marijuana smokers. Tobacco smokers had massively higher rates of lung cancer and other cancers. Marijuana smokers who didn’t also use tobacco had no increase in risk of tobacco-related cancers or of cancer risk overall. In fact their rates of lung and most other cancers were slightly lower than non-smokers, though the difference did not reach statistical significance. Sidney, S. et al. Marijuana Use and Cancer Incidence (California, United States). Cancer Causes and Control. Vol. 8. Sept. 1997, p. 722-728.

2) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART IV): Donald Tashkin, a UCLA researcher whose work is funded by NIDA, did a case-control study comparing 1,200 patients with lung, head and neck cancers to a matched group with no cancer. Even the heaviest marijuana smokers had no increased risk of cancer, and had somewhat lower cancer risk than non-smokers (tobacco smokers had a 20-fold increased lung cancer risk). Tashkin D. Marijuana Use and Lung Cancer: Results of a Case-Control Study. American Thoracic Society International Conference. May 23, 2006.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You yourself here is saying "treatments". That is far away from any "cure" for any and all type of cancer. "Treatments" have been around for over 50 years. I should know...Ive got over 10 family members who are deceased now from cancer. All were being "treated".

"Treatments"...to use your phrasology...have been around always. But no cure for all, each and every one, type and severity. Cancer is not any one thing...it is many different things, manifested in different ways for each type.

There is no one cure for all of the vast manifestations of cancer(s) and malignancies.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18352042]grey580[/pos o
The studies you linked to don't say cannabis cures cancer. Did you try actually reading them or did you take them from an alternative health web site?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
dr. dre has been telling us to smoke weed everyday for years.
A DOCTOR WOULDNT LIE.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why wouldn't this be news? Especially since a lot of the states are passing laws making it legal to possess and use. But then again, the pharmaceutical companies are making money hand over fist with other medications for the treatment of cancer. So it's no surprise why this hasn't made any news.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: [post=18352042]grey580[/pos o
The studies you linked to don't say cannabis cures cancer. Did you try actually reading them or did you take them from an alternative health web site?

Are you a Doctor Scot?
I see you on multiple medical threads today, telling everyone that they are wrong. What makes you so sure on everything? Or do you just like to cause trouble?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother
Not telling everyone they are wrong. Just pointing out the difference between ill informed pseudoscience and actual research. If some one wants to believe that vaccines are all a conspiracy or that you can cure aids with vitamin c then they are entitled to their belief. However if they post it as fact on a web side they should expect to be called in it when they cant back it up with any actual facts.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

You're not putting a fire to burning flower matter directly upon your lungs, so you're not having that amount of resin in your lungs. I'd be willing to bet that whatever does enter the lungs is naturally cleaned out within hours.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

However if they post it as fact on a web side they should expect to be called in it when they cant back it up with any actual facts.
a reply to: ScepticScot

Then I challenge you to do the same. Please provide a link to a case study proving that Cannabis oil curing cancer is nothing but an "urban legend." You posted it as a fact and I want you to back it up, please, with actual facts.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Can you now buy the oil and use it for cancer or will ingesting it also cause the usually expected THC effect? I would take it if I didn't get dumbed down by the thc.. I remember seeing pals in high school years that couldn't even recite their own names when affected by the stuff..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

There are literally too many to drag up for you and post here. Don't be lazy, do some research yourself.

The evidence is out there all you need to start off is a simple Google search and take it from there.

This is the problem with people nowadays they expect people to spoon feed them everything. This is precisely why people believe any old crap.

Remember the days before Google when the teacher would say 'Right, we are going to the libary to learn about ........'

You go to the libary and you look for any book pertaining knowledge of that subject. You don't expect the teacher to find the book for you, read it to you and then tell you what it means.

It's called initiative..

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join