It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
no way, ever, should a nine year old child be handling/using an uzi. or ANY firearm.

ever.

stupefying insanity right there. mind-boggling really.

i would be genuinely frightened of firing off an uzi clip, i wouldnt let any of my family near one and definitely not a tiny 9 year old girl.

The guy did deserve to get shot, but not to die. but you got to say "how did this happen" he gave her that weapon so he hasnt a leg to stand on, well actually he doesnt have any now

Why? A UZI is not any more intrinsically dangerous than any other firearm. It may take some extra training to use properly, but it is not a ticking time bomb.

link   

no way, ever, should a nine year old child be handling/using an uzi. or ANY firearm.

ever.

i would be genuinely frightened of firing off an uzi clip, i wouldnt let any of my family near one and definitely not a tiny 9 year old girl.

If this is the case, please never pick up an uzi. If you are frightened of the weapon, the last thing you want to be doing is firing it.

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

That's a good point. I wonder if target shooting w a bow is considered violent as well?

To be honest though I don't think Kosmic meant it to come off as course as it did.

edit on 8/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes, but it's a serious endeavor, not for thrills or lolz and I enjoy my entertainment - burger, beer - later, somewhere else ....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

ever.

If this is the case, please never pick up an uzi. If you are frightened of the weapon, the last thing you want to be doing is firing it.

i really never on planning on doing so.

its a tiny machine gun but those bullets hurt just as much as any others and it fire the clip in seconds.

i like long barreled rifles, machine pistols scare the hell out of me

edit on b38381023 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks for removing my post !

Right teaching someone how to swim is the same as teaching someone how to fire a Uzi ?
It must be me ! I must be stupid it is nothing like it and does me in how you can actually defend it !
It's sick !

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
The only victim is the girl !
He deserves to be dead !
And her parents want jailing !
USA gun law is so stupid !
If this was another country all the Americans would be saying how sick it is !

You and anyone else who said the guy deserves it need lots of mental help.

Accidents happen all the time could this have been prevented absolutely but to say he deserved it well that's just sad.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Yes, but it's a serious endeavor, not for thrills or lolz and I enjoy my entertainment - burger, beer - later, somewhere else ....

Any time you're using a weapon it's a serious endeavor. But I don't think that means if you enjoy it or make it a fun event that it makes you some sort of distasteful person

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

yup, he deserved a lesson but death by a 9 year old girl YOU gave the weapon too thats just horrible which ever way you look at it.

at least, and this must be said, at least she didnt hurt herself because that would be ultra sad

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Right teaching someone how to swim is the same as teaching someone how to fire a Uzi ?
It must be me ! I must be stupid it is nothing like it and does me in how you can actually defend it !
It's sick !

Hmmm...I think there may be a reading comprehension issue. I said that it is common sense to teach safe and responsible gun handling and I've also pointed out that handing a FA weapon (a UZI) and having her go at it is just as irresponsible as handing her a chainsaw and telling her to go at it. What is sick about this premise, exactly?

link   

It's sick !

Yes. Knowledge is power. And education is prevention.

Accidents happen. But keeping them uneducated is irresponsible and reckless

Just like throwing a kid in a pool who doesn't know how to swim.

You're showing a giant cognitive disconnect here. And it's either because of your gun bias or because you don't want to be honest about it or both..

What happened was a tragedy and she shouldn't have been touching this weapon

But that doesnt mean gun education is bad

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

He deserves to be dead !

Accidents happen all the time could this have been prevented absolutely but to say he deserved it well that's just sad.

That's a pretty warped comment. I'm glad you quoted it so we can all see it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

He deserves to be dead !

So if I give kids some petrol and a lighter in my house I wouldn't deserve to have it burnt down !
Sometimes you can avoid or minimise things happening, not just say after one shot !
Let's put it on auto !

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Am I having one of your guys alternate time line thingies????

I had to check the date because i thought this was an old story, I swear I remember this happening about a year ago where a kid at a range lost control of an Uzi and shot a guy......

Maybe not, maybe I am getting as crazy as everybody else.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Am I having one of your guys alternate time line thingies????

I had to check the date because i thought this was an old story, I swear I remember this happening about a year ago where a kid at a range lost control of an Uzi and shot a guy......

Maybe not, maybe I am getting as crazy as everybody else.

why does the date matter?

ive never discussed this and no mod stepped in

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

ever.

i really never on planning on doing so.

its a tiny machine gun but those bullets hurt just as much as any others and it fire the clip in seconds.

i like long barreled rifles, machine pistols scare the hell out of me

You sound like a very nice person. I do see "fear" and "afraid" mentioned a lot. Perhaps it is the fear that is the issue? C'mon to the states and I'll have you putting holes in paper in a very safe manner that you will enjoy in no time. Ammo's on me!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I feel like you're not reading the complete posts of people you are responding to..

Everyone here has said he shouldn't have done that...

So it's hard to pin down where you're trying to go with this

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

its a freaking machine gun!!

you dont give kids machine guns, ever, its about the worst thing you can do.

hey your 10 years old here some C4 go blow some crap up.

no?

exactly.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Distasteful is your word, not mine. I call it foolish.

Bullets and Burgers is a bit of an oxymoron. One is serious, the other casual/fun. It begs the question, which tone prevailed at this establishment? Sadly, the dead instructor and a traumatized 9 year old girl answers the question.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Having a house burn down and saying someone deserved to die are two different things buddy.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join