It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Guns are guns to me. Sure they require different ways to handle them, but if you follow the same basic rules for any gun you pick up, you should have no problem handling it even if you've never operated it before.
1.)familiarize yourself with the weapon a bit while it is unloaded. Locate the safeties (there are three)
2.)keep muzzle pointed away from yourself and anyone else in the room, even while unloaded (preferably downrange, but you may not be at a gun range).
3.)maintain a firm grip on the weapon with BOTH hands.
4.)test fire a round down range to get a feel for the recoil.
5.)when done firing, clear the weapon twice while also inspecting the bolt chamber for any stray rounds
6.)when not ready to immediately fire the gun, NEVER have your finger on the trigger.
7.)if this is the first time using that type of gun, have a person nearby who is familiar with it to assist you.

There are obviously more rules (some weapon specific), but those 7 are probably the best to go by. If you remain calm and sure of yourself then maintaining control of the weapon should be no problem. Trust me, I've fired some pretty interesting guns in my life (thanks to the Army).

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

as bad as it is for the instructor who gave her the gun, i think the traumatized kid has to live knowing she killed a man.

i cant even imagine how bad that must be.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Am I having one of your guys alternate time line thingies????

I had to check the date because i thought this was an old story, I swear I remember this happening about a year ago where a kid at a range lost control of an Uzi and shot a guy......

Maybe not, maybe I am getting as crazy as everybody else.

There's some gun related killing on the news every other day over there, the backwards autists.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

how is it common sense? for what purpose does a child need to use a gun? they shouldn't even be touching one let alone learning the safety of it and shooting it.

fear? I don't fear guns I was in the army I certainly don't fear any guns, what I do fear though is stupid people letting kids do things they shouldn't be doing NO matter how well trained the instructor is or how well he teaches the kid there is no damn reason in this world for a child to randomly shoot guns.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Saw the vid...

Did the dude not see the recoil of that first single shot? No, he saw that she hit the target- (the important part.)

Did he ask her (how did that recoil feel)?

Raised to worship the power of firearms, is to experience tragedy first-hand.
I doubt she will hold having firepower in her hands in such a high esteem after such a tragedy?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

So are you trying to set a record for the quickest way to get banned from this site with all your ad hominems and baseless accusations of us Americans?

link   
What a stupid fawking situation, enjoy your gun culture America, oh and just to note Im not anti gun just anti stupid.
2 families scarred for life now.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I'm just offering some outside perspective on how the rest of the world sees you.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Guns are guns to me. Sure they require different ways to handle them, but if you follow the same basic rules for any gun you pick up, you should have no problem handling it even if you've never operated it before.
1.)familiarize yourself with the weapon a bit while it is unloaded. Locate the safeties (there are three)
2.)keep muzzle pointed away from yourself and anyone else in the room, even while unloaded (preferably downrange, but you may not be at a gun range).
5.)when done firing, clear the weapon twice while also inspecting the bolt chamber for any stray rounds
6.)when not ready to immediately fire the gun, NEVER have your finger on the trigger.
7.)if this is the first time using that type of gun, have a person nearby who is familiar with it to assist you.

There are obviously more rules (some weapon specific), but those 7 are probably the best to go by. If you remain calm and sure of yourself then maintaining control of the weapon should be no problem. Trust me, I've fired some pretty interesting guns in my life (thanks to the Army).

This is sound advice.

You might pick up a weapon you think is unloaded but someone else could have loaded it. you simply NEVER aim a weapon at anything you dont plan to shoot even when you think its unloaded

edit on b54541025 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

Because children are curious. If a child gets into your gun collection without your knowledge and starts handling your guns, do you think it would be better if he was at the least familiar with the weapon or had never touched it before in its life?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kids + guns = sad !
Whatever way you look at it

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is sound advice.

You might pick up a weapon you think is unloaded but someone else could have loaded it. you simply NEVER aim a weapon at anything you dont plan to shoot even when you think its unloaded

Yep. I probably should have added that you should always clear any weapon you pick up or are handed (even if you watched the person who handed the gun to you just clear it).

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Or you could just not have a gun collection, like a civilized person.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Distasteful is your word, not mine. I call it foolish.

Bullets and Burgers is a bit of an oxymoron. One is serious, the other casual/fun. It begs the question, which tone prevailed at this establishment? Sadly, the dead instructor and a traumatized 9 year old girl answers the question.

A poor decision by an instructor and making burgers and bullets synonymous w negligence to me seems a reach to me

10s of thousands of people target practice every weekend and make it a fun filled event..yes some of then even bbqing and eating.

And incidents like this arent a common occurrence....

This to me shows that drawing that comparison isn't accurate....

I would wager you could find many people in other countries that do this very activity ....so I don't see it as uniquely American

And I resent the deprecating tone a bit

But your opinion is just as valid as mine and I appreciate the dialog

link   
a reply to: DPrice

By insulting and throwing around baseless accusations, all you are doing is showing your childish attitude regarding this subject.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Baseless? How many school shootings have you had in the last year alone?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana

how is it common sense? for what purpose does a child need to use a gun? they shouldn't even be touching one let alone learning the safety of it and shooting it.

Heres one example.

www.news9.com...

edit on 27-8-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

absolutely, make sure that breech is empty. every time no excuses

link   
What kind of moron gives a 9-year-old an Uzi?

link   

originally posted by: Biigs

its a freaking machine gun!!

you dont give kids machine guns, ever, its about the worst thing you can do.

hey your 10 years old here some C4 go blow some crap up.

no?

exactly.

But you are an adult, right? The offer was to you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join