It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill, Melinda Gates Donate $1 Million To Gun Control Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, have donated $1 million to a Washington state campaign seeking to expand background checks on gun sales, bringing the total amount the campaign has brought in up to nearly $6 million.

The donation to the Initiative 594 campaign was given Friday, but it was not made public until Monday, when it posted on the state's Public Disclosure Commission website.

I-594 would require background checks for all gun sales and transfers in Washington state, including at gun shows and for private sales. Under the measure, exemptions would exist, including gifts within a family and antiques.

Bill, Melinda Gates Donate $1 Million To Gun Control Campaign

Silly gun grabbers. Hey Bill that was money well spent right? I mean yeah he makes more than that by the time he has his first cup of coffee in the morning, but still it's a waste of money... Even for him.

Gun control is a sham and will never work. I personally think that background check won't do anything in stopping criminals for hurting people with guns. They will just buy them off the street.

The large donation comes on the heels of fellow Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen's $500,000 donation earlier this month. Also last week, venture capitalist Nick Hanauer donated an additional $1 million, bring his total donation to the campaign to nearly $1.4 million.

Other prominent figures who have made large donations to the campaign include former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and his wife, Connie, who have given $580,000.

Lots of corporate fat cats throwing money at the failed gun control sham...

-SAP-
edit on 26-8-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
As if people needed nother reason to not use Microsoft products...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They prefer death by vaccine.

Theres a lot of discussion about keeping religion out of politics, I say we need to keep filthy rich a-holes out of politics too. With all the poverty around, they choose to throw massive amounts of money at this. I thought the US was a democracy, seems to me its just about who has the most money.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Daavid because: (no reason given)

Just like the justice system, no justice, just money that buys the best lawyers.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Daavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not certain about this, but does Bill and Melinda Gates use armed bodyguards?

If it's true this is another case of the little people being eaten alive by the big people.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

Yeah, I think Windows 8 gave people more than enough of a reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Gates never understood that some people can't buy personnal armed guards, can't afford multi million dollar residences with tight security and actually have to weild their own weapon to protect their family from criminals.

Not criminals that crack M$ products, real criminals that steal from the poor that have no insurrance because they can't afford it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavid

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

Yeah, I think Windows 8 gave people more than enough of a reason.

Very true.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I'm not certain about this, but does Bill and Melinda Gates use armed bodyguards?

If it's true this is another case of the little people being eaten alive by the big people.

If it's true it seems a little hypocritical to me.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Other ways to look at it:

- they donated $1mil to a psyop program
- they are spending $1mil to convince the mob to suspend the rights of the individual
- they are giving $1mil to marketing and ad executives instead of hungry and homeless people

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Other ways to look at it:

- they donated $1mil to a psyop program
- they are spending $1mil to convince the mob to suspend the rights of the individual
- they are giving $1mil to marketing and ad executives instead of hungry and homeless people

All very good ideas as well. All of which I agree with.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Gates' are tools. They're just used as the public face of evil like politicians, religious leaders. When the time comes the real power will be in bunkers and Gates will be left on the surface with the rest of the distractions.

Money is a distraction used to control. Even the "richest" aren't immune. We're taught money is the ultimate goal. Where we're told to look, something else is even shinier in the shadows. All the best guys.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Soon the rich will make all our decisions, like they don't already.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Last time I checked Microsoft had it's very own internal gun club. They even had their own private group alias on Microsoft's internal email servers. Haven't seen much news on them lately though but I doubt it was banned. If it was I'm pretty sure the members are pissed.

The Gun Club at Microsoft

Edit - My speculation on them being banned was simply due to the new anti-gun activities by the Gates.

edit on 833pm5959pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavid
They prefer death by vaccine.

Theres a lot of discussion about keeping religion out of politics, I say we need to keep filthy rich a-holes out of politics too. With all the poverty around, they choose to throw massive amounts of money at this. I thought the US was a democracy, seems to me its just about who has the most money.

Just like the justice system, no justice, just money that buys the best lawyers.

the NRA spent 3 million lobbying money in 2010, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The gates couple want the bulk of humans dead.....Just die quietly after we make sure to have gleened all your assets.....these people should go the way of Marie Antoinette....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Don't they and every other "take their guns" kind of folks realize

Bad guys don't care, They do not follow the laws anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ONLY going to impact those of us that follow the laws and play by their rules (aka: Tax paying Law abiding citizens)

Just a heads up for any Washington folks out there, you can NOT just willy nilly buy a gun from the gun shows vendors

This Law/rule will no impact on the " Out of the trunk sales"

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
All anyone need do is listen to some of Billy's speeches, and you'll know all you need to know about him, and what he really epitomizes. He's a shining example of what's wrong with our stunted "social evolution".
edit on 8/26/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Kermit D Frog just wasted a lot of money that he could've given to homeless vets or in other areas of America that need help. Maybe help many of the poor schools in Appalachia? Or maybe childrens hospitals? When will these loons get it? Guns are here to stay.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
why don't all of these rich people just quit the job, pull the plug and just go out and have fun? If you have more money than God, why are you still working? stop working and have fun, thats what I'd do. How about you ATS?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
When you no longer need money, power and control are the intoxicants of choice.

top topics

join