It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Elite British and US special forces troops are forming a hunter killer unit called Task Force Black – its orders: “Smash the Islamic State.”

The undercover warriors will aim to “cut the head off the snake” by hitting the command structure of the Islamist terror group responsible for a trail of atrocities across Iraq and Syria, reports the Sunday People.

PM David Cameron has told the SAS and UK spy agencies to direct all their ­resources at defeating IS after a video of US journalist James Foley being beheaded shocked the world.

British special forces will work with America’s Delta Force and Seal Team 6. The move sees a rebirth of top secret Task Force Black, which helped defeat al-Qaeda terrorists in Iraq .

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

This story on Fox Nation was taken from the British Daily Mirror in witch they say---

The new task force will comprise a squadron of the SAS, special forces aircrews from the RAF and agents from MI5 and MI6.

The operation will be led by America’s CIA spy agency.

One of the first jobs will be to identify the British Muslim shown on an IS video released last week apparently cutting Foley’s head off with a knife.

UK intelligence sources confirmed that the killer, believed to be a British-born Pakistani from London, is already at the top of a CIA “kill list”.

They go on to say this new unit will most likely be operational for years to come and will be equipped with the best intel and latest weapons system...including that new Stealth Helicopter that was used in the failed attempt to rescue captured Western prisoners held by ISIS.

The SAS, Seals and Delta Force have worked together during the Gulf War in what was then called Taskforce Black. There are also moves to revive a defunct Iraqi special forces unit called the Apostles, which was ­created by the first Task Force a­fter the Iraq War, and have them become part of this new combined unit.

So much for Obama's promise of 'No Boots On The Ground'...Looks like the ground pounders are going to have to 'Clean House' once again!

Oooo F'en Raw...

edit on 26-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great news. It's about time.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
£100 Says this is the storyline for the next Call of Duty series.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

OOOOOOOO FRIGGGIN RA!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

with the CIA MI5 and MI6 calling the shoots you can forgot all about the Geneva convention

this will be a 'Black Op' all the way baby.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I was thinking the same exact thing, old school wet works, cannot confirm nor deny any assassinations on enemy leadership, erp he had an accident and cut himself shaving!

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
We should bring in China and Russian special forces as well. Do something together for once. Possibly improve relations while doing so.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
No offence but the story came from the daily mail. The posh version of the daily sport

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

They don't generally announce a black op...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Light them up...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well done western governments! Perhaps, finally, the war on terror might actually operate in an effective manner. There should never have been any mass troop deployments. It should only ever have been a spec ops issue. At least now, after countless civilian casualties, and many deaths of good soldiers who need not have passed, at least now they have their heads on right, as to how to deal with this issue.

Make no mistake, the only way to take out an organisation which operates in the shadows, is to be wrapped in shades of midnight, while about the business of its demise.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some good news regarding ISIS, for once.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
No offence but the story came from the daily mail. The posh version of the daily sport

Exactly what I was thinking........... Hope it's true on the other hand if it means saving the people from terror

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
They don't generally announce a black op...

Agreed.

So we have a few choices ...

- The story is true and it was leaked on purpose by the governments for some reason.
- The story is true and it was leaked but not on purpose.
- The story is false but it was leaked on purpose by the governments for some reason.
- The story was made up to sell newspapers.
- The story is made up on assumptions on the part of the news outlet. They ASSUME that these things are happening behind the scenes.

At this point I"m going with the story mostly being made up to sell newspapers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

£100 Says this is the storyline for the next Call of Duty series.

£200 says it's the next Chris Ryan Novel...or the last one or the one before that.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I was thinking the same exact thing, old school wet works, cannot confirm nor deny any assassinations on enemy leadership, erp he had an accident and cut himself shaving!

That's the only thing that will work, to be honest.

Apparently, that's when the Soviets dropped the idea of sweet talk and turned the matter over to the KGB.

Less than four weeks later, the three remaining hostages were freed on foot only 150 yards from the Soviet Embassy.

The pro-Syrian daily Al Sharq credited their release to the clandestine efforts of Brig. Gen. Ghazi Kanaan, the chief of intelligence for Syrian forces in Lebanon.

Western journalists reported that the kidnappers were forced to free the hostages because a block-to-block search by pro-Syrian militiamen was closing in on them.

But it wasn't until last week that Jerusalem Post diplomatic correspondent Benny Morris uncovered the most compelling reason why the three Soviets were released, emaciated and tired, but otherwise unharmed.

According to Morris, the KBG determined the kidnapping to be the work of the Shiite Muslim group known as Hezbollah, or Party of God. This was the same radical pro-Iranian faction that figured so belligerently in the mass hostage-taking from the TWA airliner at Beirut Airport last June.

Unlike the approach the United States used to resolve the TWA crisis, however, the Soviets did not bother negotiating with Hezbollah through Nabih Berri, Lebanon's justice minister and leader of the Shiite Amal militia.

Instead, the KGB kidnapped a man they knew to be a close relative of a prominent Hezbollah leader. They then castrated him and sent the severed organs to the Hezbollah official, before dispatching the unfortunate kinsman with a bullet in the brain.

In addition to presenting him with this grisly proof of their seriousness, the KGB operatives also advised the Hezbollah leader that they knew the indentities of other close relatives of his, and that he could expect more such packages if the three Soviet diplomats were not freed immediately.

articles.philly.com... 986-01-15/news/26052630_1_hostage-crisis-soviet-captives-islamic-liberation-organization

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Someone is finally serious about taking care of business.

It is time for task specific micro -approach in our quest for curative measures..

Why do I not see JTF2 on that list as Stakeholder? Is Harper sleeping at the wheel again?

I hope we are soon hearing about independant "units' operating as Cells,exactly like the opponents do.
edit on 26-8-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess RAINBOW 6 finally IS happening. The Hereford boys just want to SHOW off their shiny new underground BASE too.
AND THEY GET TO RUN A WHITE WET OP! That NEVER happens...

GOOD hunting! And to my ISLAMIC buds, sorry I want to get to know you but, call it paranoia, I don't want to be murdered and I can't change what has been done. I hope you can one day forgive us but we can't tell the bad from the good and at LEAST this method will severely limit collateral deaths related to the op.

THIS F#####g SYSTEM has ALL of us hostage

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The thing about it is, they probably have already had/ been conducting secret target acquisition missions this whole time, chances are while during helo rescues they were also inserting spec ops into Kurdish territory for training and sabatoge operations. I wouldn't put it past a news agency to doctor up what is going on to make it more exciting, but I would be willing to bet the psy op behind this has a crushing effect on ISIL leadership having to live with the paranoia that any moment WHAP! head shot Target down. Hopefully it reaches full effect on them and their paranoia and stress causes them to make rash and generally foolish decisions and they become brutal to their troops causing them to become restless within the ranks to the point of desertion or murder from the inside.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm in agreement with you on that.
(this did come from the daily fail after all)
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join