It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Nobody cares that this guy Believes Gay People should be locked up. But they do care that he's trying to Pass a Constitutional Amendment for it.

He is part of a dying, bigoted minority who feel this way and I choose to ignore him.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Great post.

Pastor Williams - Another wannabe poser! Another misled Christian ....... giving Christianity a black eye!

Hate the sin .......not the sinner.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Can somebody post some links that have Liberal Christians supporting Gays in general ?

Might help to compare.

It's the rum in the punch that counts.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is this sufficent?
nymag.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Support and affirmation of marriage rights for same-sex couples increasingly come from certain Christian denominations that are theologically considered liberal. Some examples of religious organizations voicing their support for marriage equality include Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church of Christ,[1] the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ),[2] the Episcopal Church of the United States, the Anglican Church of Canada, the Evangelical Lutheran Church In America and the Unitarian Universalists church which has long supported the rights of gays and lesbians to marry both in the church and through the state.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh good lord.

I'm a liberal.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I guess that's what JESUS would do?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Can somebody post some links that have Liberal Christians supporting Gays in general ?

Might help to compare.

It's the rum in the punch that counts.

I'm a "Liberal Christian" who supports gays. There's millions of us the media just doesn't choose to cover us

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

it is primarily the Conservative Christians who are publicly against Gays. Gay Rights, Gay Marriage and now just plain old Gay people being Free.

Some of them may be very vocal, but you are again missing the point. it is not his conservativeness or his christianity that makes him this way. otherwise you wouldn't find tolerant people in those ranks. It is because he is ignorant and hateful. He was taught to be this way. Maybe, probably by other christians, but that would not be the point either. the problem is that he hates people and wants to take their freedom away through legislation.

Third, I can't think of any other Majority Group in this nation who are hating on Gays other than the KKK some Muslim Groups and perhaps a few others. But again, non of them make up a Major Political Party or a Majority of the population like the Conservative Religious.

Yea, these may be fringe groups, but conservative christians who hate gays and want to lock him up are pretty fringe as well. My guess is that you won't find a lot of average people who will stand behind him on this point.

I am not a christian or a follower of any other religion.

link   
dbl
edit on 25-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

link   
triple post?
edit on 25-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

WOW never have done THAT...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Some of them may be very vocal, but you are again missing the point. it is not his conservativeness or his christianity that makes him this way. otherwise you wouldn't find tolerant people in those ranks. It is because he is ignorant and hateful. He was taught to be this way. Maybe, probably by other christians, but that would not be the point either. the problem is that he hates people and wants to take their freedom away through legislation.

I agree. I also would agree that although he claims the label of Christian, I wouldn't consider him to be a very good one either. However some would. But he is using that label and the teachings or twisted teachings, however you want to view it, as a vehicle and platform for his agenda. That's why I think the best approach to this kind of thing is for other Christians. Good, kind, loving, forgiving etc. Christians to actually speak out against this guy and those like him.

I don't understand why Good Christians don't rail against guys like this. I'm not a Christian obviously but if I was I'd be pissed that this guy and the Phelps and others are trashing the name of Christianity. It has wide reaching effects as you've noticed. More and more people are viewing Christians as being Bigots and Haters because of the constant attention and voice given to idiots like this. I can show at least 5 others that have radio and TV shows and get air time on the news spouting this stuff all the time. It's horrible and it's ruining what's good within Christianity.

Yea, these may be fringe groups, but conservative christians who hate gays and want to lock him up are pretty fringe as well. My guess is that you won't find a lot of average people who will stand behind him on this point.

I certainly hope not. I wonder how many might get pulled over to that side of the fence though sometimes. I mean, speech like this and anti gay stuff seems to be gaining ground. That could all be media BS though, it's hard to tell really. It sux you can't trust anything the media says about anything.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I agree. I also would agree that although he claims the label of Christian, I wouldn't consider him to be a very good one either. However some would. But he is using that label and the teachings or twisted teachings, however you want to view it, as a vehicle and platform for his agenda. That's why I think the best approach to this kind of thing is for other Christians. Good, kind, loving, forgiving etc. Christians to actually speak out against this guy and those like him.

I don't understand why Good Christians don't rail against guys like this. I'm not a Christian obviously but if I was I'd be pissed that this guy and the Phelps and others are trashing the name of Christianity. It has wide reaching effects as you've noticed. More and more people are viewing Christians as being Bigots and Haters because of the constant attention and voice given to idiots like this. I can show at least 5 others that have radio and TV shows and get air time on the news spouting this stuff all the time. It's horrible and it's ruining what's good within Christianity.

I certainly hope not. I wonder how many might get pulled over to that side of the fence though sometimes. I mean, speech like this and anti gay stuff seems to be gaining ground. That could all be media BS though, it's hard to tell really. It sux you can't trust anything the media says about anything.

Come on mojom, follow me here. It's not a christian problem. It's a human condition. Thats like asking why muslims don't stop ISIS. You often get stuck on these labels. I personally have never met anyone who can honestly say they have kept all the commandments. It is an impossible standard set up to propagate failure so that a solution can be offered at the price of your freedom. It is like judging fish on their ability to drive a car.

How many people do you really think are going to hear this story? Then how many people do you think are going to agree what he says? and then how many kind and reasonable people are going to hear it and say "Wow thats a great idea."

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

P̶a̶s̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶i̶c̶h̶a̶e̶l̶ ̶V̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶l̶i̶a̶m̶s̶

Oops. My sharpie slipped.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Come on mojom, follow me here. It's not a christian problem. It's a human condition. Thats like asking why muslims don't stop ISIS. You often get stuck on these labels. I personally have never met anyone who can honestly say they have kept all the commandments. It is an impossible standard set up to propagate failure so that a solution can be offered at the price of your freedom. It is like judging fish on their ability to drive a car.

What are you talking about?? I'm not saying anything about commandments or how well anyone lives up to them. I don't know where you're getting this. Don't interpret what I'm saying. Just read it. I'm not speaking in riddles or anything.

So you don't see any problem with this guy saying this???

This guy is a Christian Pastor. Who has a website named PreachingPolitics.com. He wants to imprison gay people to 10 years hard labor just for being gay. He also says that the reasoning for that is based on Christian law and ideals. Remember, he's a Christian Pastor saying this. Yet for some reason you don't want to admit that there is any connection at all to Christianity???

As if I'm somehow drawing some totally impossible link between how a Christian Pastor is advocating for the imprisonment of these people and how that is a bad image for Christians??? Really?? You don't see how there is a connection there???

How many people do you really think are going to hear this story? Then how many people do you think are going to agree what he says? and then how many kind and reasonable people are going to hear it and say "Wow thats a great idea."

I'm guessing quite a few people will hear this story. I already said I don't think a lot of people are going to agree with him, but there are some that will. Hell, there are members here that agree with him. Some have even said that it's a great idea. If you doubt that other people out there might like this idea I can provide you with proof, but it's not hard to find others who agree with this kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Not conservative OR Christian he's an activist like HOLDER.
AND equally as repellent to ME by his attempt to DEVIDE is with his myopic vision.

holder?...what holder? the attorney general of the united states?...this guy's both a conservative and a Christian, how can you say otherwise without sounding looney yourself? you can't just dismiss facts because you don't like them, and then make something up.

holder is black and racist AND a christian.

that trumps a white conservative christian that is just a nutjob bigot.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What are you talking about?? I'm not saying anything about commandments or how well anyone lives up to them. I don't know where you're getting this. Don't interpret what I'm saying. Just read it. I'm not speaking in riddles or anything.

So you don't see any problem with this guy saying this???

This guy is a Christian Pastor. Who has a website named PreachingPolitics.com. He wants to imprison gay people to 10 years hard labor just for being gay. He also says that the reasoning for that is based on Christian law and ideals. Remember, he's a Christian Pastor saying this. Yet for some reason you don't want to admit that there is any connection at all to Christianity???

As if I'm somehow drawing some totally impossible link between how a Christian Pastor is advocating for the imprisonment of these people and how that is a bad image for Christians??? Really?? You don't see how there is a connection there???

I'm guessing quite a few people will hear this story. I already said I don't think a lot of people are going to agree with him, but there are some that will. Hell, there are members here that agree with him. Some have even said that it's a great idea. If you doubt that other people out there might like this idea I can provide you with proof, but it's not hard to find others who agree with this kind of thing.
========================================================================================================================
the guy is a nut job.

and basically, christians are liberal minded folk.
love thy neighbor and all the charity thing stuff.

good thing the gays don't live in africa and don't forget there are no gays in iran.

edit on 3130498831pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Actually there was only one quote, and it just needed a period as there was no particular emphasis.
The first sentence was a my own words and therefore not a quote.

And it's still not news worthy, which is what it has become by repeating. I mean if it was Joel Olsteen, or Ann Coulter, then THEN (italicized for emphasis) it might be worth repeating.
edit on 25-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

"The Bible's agin it! God's agin it! ..."

"The Bible's right, somebody's wrong. 'Aint no homos gonna make it heaven."

Yeah! The last 30 years have just been a peach bucket of tolerance from the religious right!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
conservative s at least UNEDRSTAND and SOME TRY to apply
the term...

edit on 25-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join