It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
The are estimates that 9 million of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011) ... at an average cost of $30,600 per U.S. inmate it'll only cost us taxpayers $275 billion a year to lock them up.

Great idea!

We currently have the distinction of having the most people behind bars..yeaah America #1 via the prison industrial complex so in some circles that's "ka-chiing" ♫ ♪ sweet sound to someones ears,what's a few $275 billion a yr more.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Come on mojom, follow me here. It's not a christian problem. It's a human condition. Thats like asking why muslims don't stop ISIS. You often get stuck on these labels. I personally have never met anyone who can honestly say they have kept all the commandments. It is an impossible standard set up to propagate failure so that a solution can be offered at the price of your freedom. It is like judging fish on their ability to drive a car.

What are you talking about?? I'm not saying anything about commandments or how well anyone lives up to them. I don't know where you're getting this. Don't interpret what I'm saying. Just read it. I'm not speaking in riddles or anything.

So you don't see any problem with this guy saying this???

This guy is a Christian Pastor. Who has a website named PreachingPolitics.com. He wants to imprison gay people to 10 years hard labor just for being gay. He also says that the reasoning for that is based on Christian law and ideals. Remember, he's a Christian Pastor saying this. Yet for some reason you don't want to admit that there is any connection at all to Christianity???

As if I'm somehow drawing some totally impossible link between how a Christian Pastor is advocating for the imprisonment of these people and how that is a bad image for Christians??? Really?? You don't see how there is a connection there???

How many people do you really think are going to hear this story? Then how many people do you think are going to agree what he says? and then how many kind and reasonable people are going to hear it and say "Wow thats a great idea."

I'm guessing quite a few people will hear this story. I already said I don't think a lot of people are going to agree with him, but there are some that will. Hell, there are members here that agree with him. Some have even said that it's a great idea. If you doubt that other people out there might like this idea I can provide you with proof, but it's not hard to find others who agree with this kind of thing.

You said he was not a good example of a christian. I am saying there are no good christians because it's an unreachable goal. Every christian has looked at someone else with lust, everyone has stolen something, everyone has told a lie, we all have doubts about gods. therefor it's not a christian problem. muslims hate, hindus hate, atheists hate. everyone has the capacity to hate. therefor it is a human problem. certainly i never gave you the impression that i agreed with this guy, so why would you ask that?

There has never been a time in history when gays were more accepted than now. He and his ilk are a dying breed. they are not a majority and you should not portray them as such. Does anyone here really have any expectation of this legislation being passed? i think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here who thinks this has a chance of making it through to becoming law.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Frankly, I think there should be more restrictions in the U.S. regarding religion, and the way it influences the political process. but, that's just me.

I'm willing to bet this "pastor" agrees with you. Sounds like the tactics of a mole to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Not conservative OR Christian he's an activist like HOLDER.

...because this is so obviously a discussion about Holder.
(Can we get a decent eye-rolling icon on this site, please?)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

they are comparable in as much as they are ACTIVISTS not representative of THEIR POSITIONS or the demographics they falsely CLAIM to represent.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
10 years of hard labor - That's a huge toll on the tax payer dollar, there sure are a lot of dem critters running around.

Heck they ain't going to Heaven anyway so what say we just shoot em?

(Don't miss the Obvious sarcasm)
edit on 25-8-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Another dimwit who thinks America should be run by Christian laws. What next kill people who work on Sunday? Drag unruly children into the public square and stone them for not minding their parents?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I LOVED this video. American Taliban. Yep. Hit it dead on, because that is exactly how I view the Tea Party and the far right: The Taliban. The only difference between the Taliban and Tea Party is the lack of turbans for the latter.

The Tea Party/religious right would be doing pretty much the same thing the Taliban does if they were given half a chance and the power to do so. They would be actively and violently persecuting gays, atheists, other religions, immigrants, single mothers, women in general, minorities, the poor, the sick, ect. The crap I've heard from the Teabagger brigade often makes me wonder if maybe Nazi Germany or Iran would be societies and cultures more in tune with their bigotry and hatred.

Another important point was made: the corruption of the Republican party from a conservative, but rational party into a bunch of rabid extremists. Although I have been either third party or independent politically, I used to actually favor the Republicans slightly more in the past, the good old days of conservatism unpolluted by religious ignorance and hate. Now, not only has the right completely alienated me and lost my vote, they are also making the left look more and more reasonable, something I once never thought possible.

I hold no love for Hilary Clinton or Obama, but if the Republicans don't drop these wingnuts and start driving them out, we are going to see more and more Democrats in the White House. Soon, the only pool of voters the right will have are wealthy white business owners and a constantly shrinking pool of fringe religious lunatics.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
How about we just make it a felony to infringe on Religious liberty and call it a day? Like ... forcing a Christian owned business to cater a same sex wedding? Or .. like forcing homeowners to bless a same sex wedding in their home - Giffords, New York -?

The Nazis did the same thing to the Jews - conform with our views - or face the wrath of Government.

All i am saying - is give the first amendment a chance ..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

NO silly thats only if they bring a gun shaped OBJECT into school or YOU convert to REPUBLICAN.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

NO....AGAIN middle ground = TEA ,far right are the banksters
STOP defining your opponents by ONLY your propaganda

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

There was a time when black folks were not allowed to enter some establishments. Perhaps you think people should be allowed to prohibit them from getting cakes as well? Maybe people can refuse to marry asian couples, or withold medical treatment for christians.

or maybe we could just stick with freedom and liberty for all? i think i like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Public stonings for all the blasphemous sinners. Without trial. Only accusations needed.

If they want to go back to the dark ages, let's go all the way.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

The Nazis did the same thing to the Jews - conform with our views - or face the wrath of Government.

The Nazis gave the Jews the opportunity to conform? That's BS and you know it! It was an effort at extermination of a race of people to purify the fatherland of the Jews. Those were extermination camps not places of rehabilitation! Are you trying to rewrite history here???
edit on 25-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I thought Germany had an immigration policy in the 1930s ?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
You said he was not a good example of a christian. I am saying there are no good christians because it's an unreachable goal. Every christian has looked at someone else with lust, everyone has stolen something, everyone has told a lie, we all have doubts about gods. therefor it's not a christian problem. muslims hate, hindus hate, atheists hate. everyone has the capacity to hate. therefor it is a human problem. certainly i never gave you the impression that i agreed with this guy, so why would you ask that?

Whatever, I'm not talking about the quality of Christians or judging who is or isn't a good one. All I'm saying is this guy and others like him are responsible for trashing what is left of the image of Christianity. That's if there is any part of a decent Christian Image to save that is.

I agree that everyone has their hateful sides. All groups and individuals. My point is that Christians keep saying they feel persecuted and that society is against them and so on. Well, what I'm trying to say is the reason some a lot of people talk sh*t about the Christian Religion more today than in the past is because of idiots like this. IMO, it might help for some Christians out there to speak publicly against guys like this in an effort to clean up the image of their Religion.

Or don't. I don't even know why I care anyway.

There has never been a time in history when gays were more accepted than now. He and his ilk are a dying breed. they are not a majority and you should not portray them as such. Does anyone here really have any expectation of this legislation being passed? i think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone here who thinks this has a chance of making it through to becoming law.

I'm not portraying him as a majority. You know what. Forget it. Let this guy and all the others talk all the Sh*t they want in the name of your Religion. It's obviously not a problem for you so I don't know why I care. I'm not even a member, so it makes no difference.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You are joking, right? Tea Party is "middle ground"? Sure, maybe in Iraq or Syria, but not in this country. If the likes of Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum are considered "middle of the road", I'd definitely consider moving to one of the above mentioned countries.

You do realize who is behind much of the Tea Party's Funding, don't you?

rightweb.irc-online.org...
www.forbes.com...
www.nationalreview.com...
www.newyorker.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

But a boon for the prison industrial complex.

After all, Gozer the Gozarian has spoken. Choose being gay, and perish. The pastor has come!!
edit on 25-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am no christian or any other religion. This is the third time ive said this in this thread. Every group thinks they're persecuted. Again a human problem. Look past the labels.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: mOjOm

"The Bible's agin it! God's agin it! ..."

"The Bible's right, somebody's wrong. 'Aint no homos gonna make it heaven."

Yeah! The last 30 years have just been a peach bucket of tolerance from the religious right!

Haha.. wait wait.. in the first video. He says put all the gays and lesbians in separate cages and then feed them until they die out of age. So he thinks that gays are born because a lesbian and a gay man decide to have sex to make more gays? Is he really that stupid? Does he really, sincerely not understand that homosexuals are born from hetero union?

Mind blown.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join