It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Gosh, beez, are you saying that progressives might not be all bad?

Show me a progressive that wants a smaller government, more freedom, a return to personal responsibility, individualism, and I will humbly apologise.

Now am I still considered a conservative Christian if I support gay marriage?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Ahahaha!! They could call it "Hard Labor".

Er, ah, I was thinking more of the female version where they all showered and soaped each other up so much their breasts sparkled like a crystal chandelier.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: beezzer

lolz

So even on a thread where we are in agreement, you can't resist poking.

(laughs derisively and tosses a shiny nickel at a poor person)

Whatever beezzer. Yah, I guess I made you make those comments.

Look, if you don't think there is something familiar about the Conservative Right being somewhat outspoken about being Anti-Gay, fine. Just say so.

I on the other hand think there is a similar pattern there that is obvious. If you disagree then show why you disagree. But I'm not going to waste time playing some stupid game where we smile while talking sh*t back and forth as if we're not.

All I said was that if I'm so wrong about the Conservative Religious Right having the same thinking as this guys thinking, then hopefully we'll see some of them stand up against him. Why is that so out of line??

He is pointing out (sarcastically) that you are broad stroking all religious conservatives to be just like this guy. And sure the majority of them are outspoken in opposition to the gay lifestyle, but plenty of other groups are too. Try not to include everyone of a group. Because no matter what, you will find a few people in any group that have a dif opinion. Believe it or not, some religious conservatives would disagree with ten years hard labor for being gay.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is this man also the pastor of the "First Church of Hypocrisy and Those Who Fell by the Wayside" ?

link   

He is pointing out (sarcastically) that you are broad stroking all religious conservatives to be just like this guy. And sure the majority of them are outspoken in opposition to the gay lifestyle, but plenty of other groups are too. Try not to include everyone of a group. Because no matter what, you will find a few people in any group that have a dif opinion. Believe it or not, some religious conservatives would disagree with ten years hard labor for being gay.

But I'm not. As I've said repeatedly and most specifically in my first post on this topic I'm NOT including all conservatives.

But just to make sure I'm not lying let me quote myself form a page back.

I don't think anyone is claiming "All Conservatives" or "All Christians" think like this guy or support his opinions. However, it's silly to try and deny that there is somewhat of a pattern of similar thought coming from the Far Right Religious Political spectrum.

Can I be any more clear???

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why do these things become news stories?

"No one of importance says something crazy and sometimes offensive"

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Show me a progressive that wants a smaller government, more freedom, a return to personal responsibility, individualism, and I will humbly apologise.

Well, I'm no Gun Slinging, Flag Waving Cowboy but I'm progressive and want smaller government, more freedom and personal responsibility.

Satisfied?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well, I'm no Gun Slinging, Flag Waving Cowboy but I'm progressive and want smaller government, more freedom and personal responsibility.

Satisfied?

Dunno.

What about them gaymosexshumals?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Why do these things become news stories?

"No one of importance says something crazy and sometimes offensive"

Because I like this stuff. It's cyber entertainment for the jaded and not easily impressed. Granted, it's an acquired taste! Salty...
And it's not really news; more like poking the bear!

Did you need a question mark after that last quote? If so the answer is an emphatic....si senior!!
edit on 25-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Dunno.

Dunno huh?? Ok......

What is a gaymosexshumals?? I've never even heard that before you said it. I'm not sure what you're asking me either.

BTW, I'm not gay. Not sure if that is what you thought or not or if that is what you're asking me, but I thought I'd clear that up just anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sure ok, but but your only pointing out one group, American christian religious conservatives. what about all the other groups who have shown a pattern of this type of hate. why cant it just be his friggin' opinion? why not compare him to some other group who hates gays like he does? you went straight to "This guy is just like some christian conservatives".

I could really care less. but do you see what you did there?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Dunno.

Dunno huh?? Ok......

What is a gaymosexshumals?? I've never even heard that before you said it. I'm not sure what you're asking me either.

BTW, I'm not gay. Not sure if that is what you thought or not or if that is what you're asking me, but I thought I'd clear that up just anyway.

*sigh*

I was being flippant. I guess it doesn't carry over well.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. People will believe what they want to believe. Some people will believe things that don't make much sense.

But we should all respect the fact that they have a right to their beliefs, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

It is being used as an example to show us how bad the right is and thus a,the false face of Christianity in general and the ongoing right wing oppression of the gay community.I would guess
edit on 25-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
LOL! Love that movie. Yes, oppressed would have been proper. I love it that he said repressed though.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sure ok, but but your only pointing out one group, American christian religious conservatives. what about all the other groups who have shown a pattern of this type of hate. why cant it just be his friggin' opinion? why not compare him to some other group who hates gays like he does? you went straight to "This guy is just like some christian conservatives".

I could really care less. but do you see what you did there?

Well, for one, this guy is a CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN so I guess I kinda thought there might be a connection there, ya know.

Second, it is primarily the Conservative Christians who are publicly against Gays. Gay Rights, Gay Marriage and now just plain old Gay people being Free.

Third, I can't think of any other Majority Group in this nation who are hating on Gays other than the KKK some Muslim Groups and perhaps a few others. But again, non of them make up a Major Political Party or a Majority of the population like the Conservative Religious.

Forth, So what if I'm pointing to one group. Are you saying just because some other groups also do it it's ok for this one??? Must I include every other group first before talking about this one??

Look, if you disagree with me, fine, show me why, but just because you don't like the fact that what I'm saying upsets you doesn't mean there is something wrong or incorrect about my saying it. If you have a counter position then show it, otherwise you have no reason to claim my position isn't correct.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

But we should all respect the fact that they have a right to their beliefs, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

Which is exactly what Rev. Mike wants to do with homosexuals by putting them in prison for 10 yrs. That's why I made the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
again:www.washingtontimes.com...
AT THE APPROPRIATE CORE of the accepted Christian DOCTRINE as a CHRISTIAN we are expected to be charitable and advise the world in our faith not enforce it on others as has been done. We live in the US and freedom of religion WILL however be defended,to ME that includes GAYS ,ATHEISTS ,SATANISTS and ANY other variant culturally diverse system so long as they AREN'T STUPID enough to attack ME and mine.

edit on 25-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Which is exactly what Rev. Mike wants to do with homosexuals by putting them in prison for 10 yrs. That's why I made the thread.

He can voice his opinion all day long, and up until time that he is actively trying to infringe the rights of others, he should be able to do so.

But when he does start infringing or supporting legislation that does infringe, then we can all get together and pound the crap out of him.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"...
Pastor Michael V. Williams asserts that Christians have been
“increasingly tolerant” of gay people over the last 50 years..."

Interesting because the LGBT community has been increasingly
"tolerant" of right wing religious wackos that have the nerve
to call themselves republicans; which by its name suggests its
a political party which puts THE REPUBLIC first, NOT, some
fundamentalist belief that is not shared by everyone in the nation
or the world.

Rebel 5

edit on 25-8-2014 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

In the end, it doesn't really matter. People will believe what they want to believe. Some people will believe things that don't make much sense.

That's just it. Nobody is trying to stop their Beliefs. It's their actions that are the problem.

Nobody cares that this guy Believes Gay People should be locked up. But they do care that he's trying to Pass a Constitutional Amendment for it.

I don't respect those kinds of Actions or those kinds of Beliefs and I don't have to respect them. They can still have them for all I care, I won't stop them from having those beliefs because it's not possible. But I'll stop them from putting those kinds of Beliefs into law, that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join