It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Don't you think you should get the guy to check this out and collaborate with the guy who took the pictures
Don't let them miss this opportunity to collaborate.

I've had an experience where the only match to the story was someone who posted and equally strange experience on a website down to minute details...

b

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What's been bugging me about the photos are the almost regular sizing of the lights.

A natural formation would inherently merge to form globular type glows.

A fleet of fishing would have glows more round than the "squarish" glows and also less uniform in overall size... the height doesn't match any night time city shot I've seen in size and scope... So a fleet of ships doesn't fit.

From a distance the overall glow pattern is very uniform. Almost disc shape.( I'm referring to the photo taken from a great distance away) Kind of like looking at the glow emanating from a hole in the ground. Volcanic? That's currently the only possible explanation for a simple known terrestrial event imo. At 34,000 feet even with decades of non-updated volcanic checks, .. I still don't see how it would be volcanic. Interspersed lights over large areas with similar sizes just doesn't look like any volcanic activity I've ever seen. Steam.. clouds and distance just seem to rule this out.

This is just truly baffling at this point.

The bright light at the beginning is an awesome addition to the story as well...

Great photos.. It's nice to see professionals at their job report an event as such.

b

edit on 27-8-2014 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I think it's pretty safe to say that the green light is not a reflection of a instrument light because it shows the same trail and there is no nearby green light within cockpit.
edit on 8/27/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There are several different colors of lights that can be seen in the different photos. The bright green can be seen in more than one photo, there are also several that are cyan, yellow, white, orange, and maybe one purple.

Best thread in a while.

a reply to: Deaf Alien

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I think it's pretty safe to say that the green light is not a reflection of a instrument light because it shows the same trail and there is no nearby green light within cockpit.

Also reflection of anything in the cockpit would be as clear as the window frame because of no relative motion.

Still thinking here..... Massive BRICS Naval exercise????

WHATEVER this is, I guarantee it has already been flagged for numerous military satellite flyovers and if we hear nothing about this in the media in the next week then you can BET your ass this was some military operation or unknown phenomenon that they aren't comfortable disclosing, regardless of origin.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Massive BRICS Naval exercise

Yes, MASSIVE as in the size of a large city.

And to light up like that like a beacon for everyone to see?

I doubt it.

Tho I do agree with you that they are investigating this as we speak.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You guys are making the assumption that "they" are not already aware of this or already haven't observed similar phenomenon, which I think is an assumption which bears some scrutiny.

Either some kind of cool natural phenomenon or non-human activity which will go into the usual cover-up file.

edit on 27-8-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Massive BRICS Naval exercise

Yes, MASSIVE as in the size of a large city.

And to light up like that like a beacon for everyone to see?

I doubt it.

Tho I do agree with you that they are investigating this as we speak.

They'll have to read this thread for ideas lol.

As a side note, giant forms of light gliding under the pacific ocean were reported during the famous Kon Tiki raft expedition. I'm still sayin aliens though.

edit on 27-8-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You guys are making the assumption that "they" are not already aware of this or already haven't observed similar phenomenon, which I think is an assumption which bears some scrutiny.

That is very true. I've thought about that. Everything is under constant state of surveillance. Hardly anything slip by the USA's attention.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

As a side note, giant forms of light gliding under the pacific ocean were reported during the famous Kon Tiki raft expedition.

Elaborate on that please. You left me hanging lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Some guys made a raft made from balsa wood trees and sailed it from south america to the solomon islands I think it was.
It was in support of the theory of native south americans colonizing the pacific, or the other way around.

In the book there is apart where the author sees massive lights moving under the ocean close to the raft. He comments on old stories of giant squid and sea monsters but he had no idea what the forms of light were.

Kon Tiki is an awesome read and a true adventure, check it out.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
*SERIOUS SUGGESTION*

How many of you guys want to chip in and buy some current imagery from DigitalGlobe / geoEye ?

www.digitalglobe.com...

I would love to see both day and night footage of this area today!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Well you didn't give us much information on that.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Eye candy for girls and adventure Nordic style, might have to watch that, perhaps they added the lights under the ocean part.

blogs.indiewire.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Shouldn't this have been seen from the ISS live feed?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
Shouldn't this have been seen from the ISS live feed?

it would depend on what hemisphere the iss was in at the time. The light show was photographed in the northern hemisphere about 5 hours from alaska I think it said.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
There is a PBS NOVA episode called At The Edge Of Space.

Detailed in that program are electrical phenomenon called sprites.

Sprites interact with the ionosphere and the charged particles of air can glow.

This seem to be the same phenomenon but with different variations.

It is occurring much lower perhaps and it isn't bursting through the clouds many miles upward.

Instead it is contained within clouds and is essentially lighting up the roof of the clouds it's contained within.

Perhaps light from this phenomenon reflected on to the surface of sea water, or in other words the reflective surface of the ocean below reflected the light back up.

Either that or it's a photo distortion/modification, perhaps coming from within the cock pit.

Possibly bio luminescent plankton as well.

No need for undersea volcanoes, doorways to hells or UFO's.

The Earth is more than capable of creating mesmerizing phenomenon without us filling in the gaps with paranoid conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
These are fishing boats using lights to attract fish. No Aliens. No ghosts or ATS worthy material.
"Damn"? Yea me too.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Jungian

These are fishing boats using lights to attract fish. No Aliens. No ghosts or ATS worthy material.

Already been covered in this thread.

"Damn"? Yea me too.

Yeah damn... you are late to the party.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yeah damn... you are late to the party.

Yea sorry for being reasonable by skipping all (majority) of the posts that believes its clearly something else.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Hundreds of these boats go to the same areas.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Jungian because: (typos)
edit on 27-8-2014 by Jungian because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join