It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object from my past materialized into thin air

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Not to be condescending but people (myself included) are wired to look for connections even when they may not be there. Think about all of the thousands of things or objects in your life that have meaning. Honestly the battery didn't even seem that important in your life, just a little joke shared by coworkers. Now with everyone on the planet having things that mean something, ranging from important to trivial, surely some amount people will run into these objects again. For example, at a summer camp (ok, it was rehab) my buddy I put a can of tuna on top of a bookcase as it was a funny random place to see a tuna can. Later on kne of counselors had a nervous breakdown when he saw it, shook him to the core, never seen a man so visibly terrified. Something had occured that rattled him to the very core of his being. It turns out he had been to jail, and at one point a group of inmates beat him to within an inch of his life... with a bag full of tuna cans. He saw one in a werd place and instantly thought soemone knew, or that they came back and were trying to torment him, that ghosts where playing tricks, etc, when it was just a random event. To say the odds are so small isn't really fair, odds are tricky when applied to past events because they are designed to predict the likelihood of an event occuring in the future. I just received a call from my mate at 6:31. If you had asked me this morning what the odds of that person calling at exactly 6:31 tonight were and I would have said millions to one. Nothing mysterious that he did, but that's the point. Someone left a battery, it was resting on a piece of wood, it probably fell from the vibrations in the structure being produced by you walking, and because you had a joke about this item in the past a trivial event became mysterious. Think about, if it was supernatural or what not why would they choose one that barely meant anything to you, of all the items from your life to drop in front of you they go the one you used to have a small joke about? Also, why not do it when you have nothing but clear skies overhead? That way you would be sure it was a message or whatever you think it was. Yet this force waited unil you were walking under something , something that could reasonably have an item like this resting on it? Why didn't it fall through a solid ceiling instead and not a part with openings? The fact that you don't why a battery was there is irrelevant, you don't know the entire history of what's been in that room or even whose walked through it. Even you know 100% there have never been electronics in it (you don't) someone could have still dropped a battery while walking through at some point. There really isn't any reason to bother getting hung up this one mate, realize it's just human to see meaning where there is none and continue on.
edit on 23-8-2014 by dr1234 because: posting from a phone, spelling and grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

The ceiling in that kitchen was a vaulted ceiling and there was no fan installed yet. There was some old insulation and just some old wiring from some old recessed cans that had already been taken out... It seemed to just fall straight down from what I could tell but wasn't really paying attention because I wasn't expecting anything like that to happen

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

You have a good point on many levels.
edit on 23-8-2014 by headcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i got a bat# crazy story. I was in jail inside of a rural county in illinois. So this guy webb comes into jail for car jacking and tells others in the dorm he wanted to come to jail. The guards got a joke goin on he looks like charles manson even so they printed a pic out while on the clock and held it up to the guys face. Next morning we get moved to the old part of the jail so the people the jail hired to redo the concrete stairs can do the job. Note that they didn't use vacuums to suck up the crushed concrete in the air (OSHA rules). My new cell had the words 'blood debt' written along the entire perimeter of the cell in pencil. Shortly after lock up he's my celly n he tells me he went to Harvard 8 years ago but grew up in the area and now lived in Boston but was back retrieving property from a failed living arrangement.He starts saying he needs the end of a pencil to cut some of his hair in front of his eyes (for the aluminum). Well while we're talking about his belief in astral projection then talk about odds. I make the statement: "I believe in willing things to happen. I can materialize objects because I have before." I turn right to look out the barred window and there on the solid dusty black bars was the end of a pencil - eraser just the aluminum! Webb and I both agreed that finding that object in that location at that time under the circumstances could not possibly be random and that the object therefore materialized. as one most famously exclaimed: "Follow the evidence wherever it may lead" !!!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Let me tell you as briefly as possible why I have not, or may never do that... I already know exactly how it will go...

First comes the pics or it didn't happen bunch, so I post some screen cap images and then after a few pages of debate on how the images and timestamps could be faked.. Then in a moment of self preserving vanity/ego driven rage I decide to prove myself beyond any doubts. I post detailed information about newsworthy events that have not happened yet, including dates and times... Later that thread gets too much attention, becomes too important, and I become a target for capture, interrogation, imprisonment and then the real horror for me begins...

So, no thanks, I'd rather just be thought of as crazy, while I am searching for answers and meaning in all that has happened, or will.

Just consider me crazy... Please!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Was Tyler Durden the other person in the room?

edit on 23-8-2014 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

Something similar happened to me. Back in my early 20's which was 15 years ago I lived in a small one bed room apartment by myself. I was on a small budget so I basically had limited amount of stuff. Anyway, I had one chip clip for my chip bag and I was OCD when it came to keeping my food fresh. One day I was getting ready to have a snack and noticed that the chip clip on my chip bag was GONE! I thought to myself..there is no way I would of left that chip clip off the bag. I looked everywhere in that apartment for it and could never find it. I even looked in weird places like behind the toliet and in the back of cubards under the sink. A little over a year later I was sound asleep in my bed when I was awakend by a large BANG coming from the kitchen. I jumped out of bed, turned on all the lights and looked around the kitchen. I go to the sink and I see right in the middle of the sink that damn chip clip. There is nothing above my sink, no cubards, no shelves, no window, nothing...just a flat wall and a small light on the cieling. I stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out where it could of fallen from and why it would make such a LOUD noise when it hit the sink when it fell. It was so loud that I could of sworn it fell from over a hundred feet. Freaked me out so much that I didn't renew the lease a few months later when it was up. Never told anyone that story until now thinking people might think I'm weird. Nothing like that has happened since but its something I will never forget and I'm amazed to see that I'm not the only one to who has a similar story of such events happening.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You mentioned your thinking it odd that the lady would ask if you thought this brand of battery was a good one. Your response became a sort of a joke around the office.

Well, guess what? Joke's on you buddy!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You're waiting to see if somebody takes the bait aren't you?
hehe...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hubby and I have had that happen to us a few times. Years ago he lost one of his rings while helping our son do his paper route. About a week later we were talking about how he missed that ring when it flew out of thin air right at him. Another time when he lost another ring somewhere outside, he found it in a cupboard in the kitchen a week or so later. Just last year I lost my phone at a gas station. I was pretty bummed and I complained a bit while walking into the door of our house. Within seconds it was suddenly sitting on the floor right in front of me. I thought maybe I had thought I lost it at the gas station and that it could have fallen out of my purse somehow and onto the floor and I didn't see it till then. But hubby reminded me that I had checked my texts in the car. We've always experienced weird stuff so we weren't really surprised lol. We did thank whoever returned it to us "out loud" :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Hell no. There is no bait to take. Since this forum is for sharing personal stories, I did see an opportunity to "test the waters" so to speak.

If the accusation is that I am a troll, I can accept that, but it also helps validate my previous point made in my last post.

edit on 23-8-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In spiritualism, these things which spontaneously appear out of nowhere are called 'apports'. I have never had one or seen one, but they are well known to happen.

I have a feeling we are all in a time system which is fluid and time jumps occur fairly frequently. For me, this phenomena accounts for the hearing of news that people died and yet later they are found to be alive and still kicking. This has been discussed on ATS, and I think apports are another similar phenomenon.

Maybe there is a time link between the event of losing the item and it appearing again. Often high emotional charge or attachment is supposed to trigger ghostie events so maybe this is a component in apports too?

There is so much we dont understand about our environment and time shifts can explain deaths/no-deaths, lost time, seeing ghosties/aliens etc and things like this too perhaps.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That is an awesome story! I have never heard anything quite like it. Was there any other strange occurrences that you recall on that street? Maybe lights or weird feelings? I'm wondering if maybe you found a dimensional rift. Perhaps try to look at pictures of that area from when you assumed it to be. See if you can find yourself in some old black and white shot. That would be a trip! a reply to: lance_covel

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This story made me think that the lady you spoke to and sold that battery to died in the house where it fell from the ceiling.
Her spirit saw you come in and was excited to see you or maybe angry because the battery turned out to be a dud? heh, either way the odds of any of this seem more than astronomical.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Something similar to what you described happened to me tonight! A few years ago, I bought a meat grinder (manual operated) from a thrift store. A couple weeks ago we got 2 kittens. I went out to my storage shed to get the pieces that I knew I had for the meat grinder. The strange thing about it all is that there WERE 2 pieces that were always missing. I grabbed the instruction manual for the grinder, knowing I would have to order 2 parts for the machine off the web. I got home and put the machine together, only to find that the 2 pieces of the machine that I NEVER had materialized out of thin air. The 2 missing pieces looked BRAND NEW also.

The most interesting thing about this story is that the person I am living with was talking about wanting to find different homes for them when I got back. I found out that one of the cats sat on her lap, and gave the innocent look that they do. Everything happens for a reason.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

It is called an aport, goind back to the victorian period aport's where something of a phenomena and are spiritual teleport's, try having a two pence peice turn into a pound coin as happened to me, there is no rational explanation at least on this plane.
paranormal.about.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
I have a feeling we are all in a time system which is fluid and time jumps occur fairly frequently. For me, this phenomena accounts for the hearing of news that people died and yet later they are found to be alive and still kicking. This has been discussed on ATS, and I think apports are another similar phenomenon.

Back when I was really into Coast to Coast AM, I would listen to it throughout the day. I had their Streamlink service at my disposal and had burned a hefty amount of Coast onto CDs. More often then not, I would also put C2C on while falling asleep. A strange thing started happening though. I would be listening to live broadcasts, or most recent (point being ones I know for a fact I had never heard before) and I would be convinced I had heard them before. I knew what the course conversations would take, even knew exactly what would be said on occasion. Apparently I was so into the show I literally couldn't wait to hear what was next lol. Ah, nothing like falling asleep to a good abduction story.
edit on 24-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

That is nuts. Some strange stuff for sure. There is no logical explanation for that one!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
When this woman asked if it was a good battery, did she appear to have intention behind it? By that I mean, did she seem genuinely curious or did she appear to have an ulterior motive? You mention that it was a strange question, so I imagine it's not one that is asked often. Whatever the cause for the A-ported battery, I'm sure that woman may have a part to play in the mystery...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Aha, great question Gh0stwalker. I remember it being somewhat of a challenge to convince her that is was a quality battery. She did seem to really analyze it, like she was buying a piece of furniture or a pair of shoes. (I know this because I sold shoes for a while at one point)...

She took the purchase of the battery pretty serious I guess you could say. I think that was a part of the reason the SAFT part of it stuck in my memory all those years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join