It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Object from my past materialized into thin air

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:44 AM
I think if you have time to kill someday you should re-enact crossing the street, maybe walking "down" the street. I noticed that there is a sort of boundary continuing along the trees to the east, away from the school.
a reply to: lance_covel

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:12 AM
Interesting coincidence although I would be careful saying it was "the" battery and assume there are many. But why it would drop out of thin air is anyone's guess... Thanks for sharing.

I've never had anything quite like that happen but I have had a set of keys moved. I know that doesn't sound like much but I'll go into a little detail... I had a little retractable keyring clip (like people use for ID badges but with a keyring) that I kept in my car with two keys on it. My car had a little cubby about big enough to stuff your wallet into, in the dash to the left of the steering wheel at knee level and that's where the keys were clipped, not just sitting there. I literally touched them twice in the last year at that time, once to put the spare on there and once to use it before promptly putting them back.

So fast forward several months and I had driven up to a nearby town to see an old friend / crush / whatever. We had some drinks and I spent the night. I ALWAYS keep my car locked because I've had things stolen before. I went out to the car at some point during the night to grab something, I think it was my phone charger, and went back in the house. The next day I was driving the ~hour back to my house and my right knee brushed against something that jingled. I looked down and there was my keyring hanging with one key partially inserted into a hole in the center console under the dash (think, looking at the stereo's general position and go straight down to the driver's leg area). It was just barely pushed in there and looked like it had been twisted around a bit as the plastic looked freshly scraped in the hole. I never touched the thing, no one was in my car, and it's physically impossible to have kicked it there or anything like that. In fact you'd pretty much have to crawl down into the floorboard just to put it there, something I wouldn't have done just to amuse myself with a key. For something so small, it really made me question my sanity. I even pulled over and snapped a couple pictures before touching it just to document exactly where it was and where it should have been.

Also strange (this stuff isn't directly related to the thread but related to the above story) is that after I got home and had been there for a few hours someone told me the light in my car was on. At this point it was probably 9 or 10 pm, and I had come home around 6 while it was still light outside but it was a little overcast. It is theoretically possible that I turned on the light to take the pictures because my brain was a little frazzled, but I shouldn't have needed to because I had the door open which should have triggered the light anyway. There's no way I left it on all night and half the day at the friend's house, I think it would have killed the battery and I generally check for that at night. *shrug* that one didn't bother me quite as much. Come to think of it that was a strange few days. I remember in that general time frame my laptop more than once un-paused a video or music all by itself, and my tablet at the time (HP Touchpad running Schizoid) "tapped" a folder in the file manager, I hit the back button and it did it again, same folder. No water on the screen, I wasn't even touching the screen I was just looking at it. I think the tablet incident even happened on the same night. None of this stuff has happened since.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:01 AM
I am your man, Headcheck. Had a very similar thing happen to me and my niece about five years ago.
My younger brother Danny passed away a few years ago after a two year battle with Cancer. I've always associated Danny saying 'hello' to me from the other side whenever I come across a stray coin on the ground that someone had dropped or how ever it got there. It happens to me, like everyone else, once a week or so, all the time, right? I can't remember how it got started but... Anyway, I'll just tell you about the experience his daughter and I had.
Danny's daughter, Deborah and I were talking while sitting next to each other at a table at Tom's Farms picnic area near Corona, CA at a family party. We were at the far south end near the parking lot. We were alone at the time as the other family members were off running around the park. Deb was a little sad that day, missing her Mom and Dad. I should mention here that Cancer had also taken Deborah's Mom a year before Danny. Both of her parents gone within a year at the age of 20. Having to see all the other Moms and Dads with their kids at the park, I could easily see why it would be painful. Deb and I helped each other thru those tough times. It felt like they would never end. Whether it was sharing stories, advice, books, or just time. It was tough. I hope I helped her as much as she helped me.
As we're sitting side by side at this picnic table I started to tell her about this 'coin finding / Danny saying hello' link that I have. I thought if I could get her to think the same way the next time she came across a stray coin, it would give her a connection to her Dad that she needed. Like it does for me. As I'm explaining that anytime she finds a coin, associate it with her Dad saying 'hello'... a penny drops straight down in between us from the sky, as we're looking at each other. There were no trees, no people near us. Nowhere for that penny to come from. We were in total shock. It was and still is just amazing because it wasn't going fast like it fell a long way. It just gently passed our eyes and it landed on the bench between us. I could actually tell it was a penny as it was falling. Deborah, still looking at me, said, "How did you do that?" I simply replied, "Deb, you were looking right at me. I didn't move. And my hands were right here on the bench". We were, and still are, so amazed and have no logical explanation for that coin's appearance other than it materialized so Danny could say 'hello'. Deborah still carries that penny with her everywhere. An amazing day.
I'm thinking it may be a co-worker of yours from the Apple store saying 'hello' from the other side.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:48 AM
I had to join ATS just to post my experience. This happened about 5 years ago. I was changing the batteries in the thermostat, which is in the middle of a hallway with nothing but white walls on both sides, and a light beige tile floor in between. I dropped a DG alkaline AA battery, but didn't hear the sound of the battery hitting the tile floor. The battery was no where to be found. I searched everywhere. I even searched myself many times even though I only had a short on. After about an hour or so, I gave up and went got another battery.

After a year or two had gone by, during a hot night, I went to adjust the temperature on the thermostat. There it was, the DG alkaline battery was on the floor right below the thermostat. The DG AA I dropped was the only DG AA I had for the longest time. I don't buy them. It was given to me. I am still puzzled over it. How long does it take for a battery to fall 5 feet?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:15 AM
I once lost a gold necklace. house. We moved twice. It turned up in the third house under the closet door where it pins into the floor.

I have several tales of jewelry reappearing a long time later. It happens so much, if I lose jewelry I don't worry. It comes back to me. Except a bracelet I once lost. Money I lose comes back as well.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:25 AM
Interesting read

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:30 AM
a reply to: nospam2014

Bizarre to say the least. Apparently it took a year or so that time.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
I lose stuff from time to time that simply seems to have vanished. I look everywhere for it without any luck. Then, the next day, it'll be right there on bathroom sink where I always put it and where I checked at least 3 times the day before.

I live by myself, no pets and no drafty house.

So, I came up with this crazy theory that I sometimes jokingly ponder on: every night when I go to sleep, one day of experiences and learning has ended. That day does not continue while I sleep. It just stops. The world that existed that day ends completely and it, and all the items in it, vanishes.

After a timeless interval I wake up into a new world. A world that has not existed before. To make a new day of experiences possible without me going crazy everything has to be reset the way it was when I went to sleep. A team of set builders fills the new world with all the objects that I remember so it doesn't look out of place.

Sometimes those set builders forget an item, or place it in the wrong spot. They might correct their mistake the day later, or they might not bother and the item is lost forever. Maybe sometimes they select a wrong item for placement causing something from our past to suddenly show up.

I don't know who or what these builders are or why all of this might be necessary, just something I like to muse on sometimes.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:21 AM
May have mentioned this in a time slip thread, but my twin sister (the Clone) had something very similar this date she's only shared it with me (although the witness may have talked about it) but she's cool with ATS knowing about it.

She works as a pastoral care for sixth formers (age 16, 17,18yr olds) at a high school. The school had just made academy status and had undergone some restructuring, including annexing off a large room into small 'consultation rooms' so she can counsel her hormonal teenagers, whatever.

One afternoon, she was called to reception to meet with a mum. This lady had dropped in briefly, primary school offspring she had just picked up in tow, and wanted a quick word with the Clone about her elder son.

The Clone hurried her into one of these small rooms; she describes it as windowless, newly plaster boarded and painted, two low chairs and a low table, ceiling in tact.

She and the mum didn't even sit down...mum was worried new gf would distract son from studies (he was on track to go to university) Clone reassured her that she knew the girl, they were both responsible kids etc but she would keep a weather eye out...mum look relieved and, as they finished their chat, a pen literally dropped between them from out of the air.

The mum said ' what the! Did you see that?!' And they both stared at the pen. Then, with little else to say, they kinda gave each other bemused looks and drifted to reception to say goodbye.

According to my questions;
The pen dropped perfectly vertically between them, so wasn't thrown, no projecting trajectory.
There are no windows and the door was closed for confidentiality and the door slide moved to 'occupied' outside
Clone was facing the door and would have noticed it open if it had; after all, noticing small details like that is essential when dealing with kids that age en masse.
She can't be sure if it dropped from the ceiling or materialised before them, as there was no reason for her to look up until it crossed her eyeline, but there are no gaps in the ceiling (she loves a mystery, so checked thoroughly).

I wonder if it was a message to the mum to stop worrying about her son...that his studies would be fine...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM

originally posted by: headcheck
a reply to: orionthehunter

Yeah, except the way this thing hit the floor it was very noticeable to me because it was quiet in the room at the time. It hit the floor like it fell out of the ceiling, that's what made me confused. The ceiling was open because we were running wire and mounting lights. But still, there is no logical reason of why this particular battery would be in the ceiling at all in the first place.

I was in remodeling for over 20 years and you'd be surprised what I've found inside of walls and floors. I've had small objects fall out open ceilings near me as well. Small objects can easily slip between the cracks where the floor and wall meets and in older homes I've remodeled, there were medicine cabinets that had a slit in the frame where a person could throw their used shaving blades. They would fall into the wall and end up on the ceiling of the room below. I would venture that your battery was dropped and just slid into a gap in the floor trim, ending up in the ceiling of the next floor. The fact that it was the same type of battery you sold doesn't surprise me. They are common. I can understand how you might connect the dots.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar and composition

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
I can't say as I've had the objects fall from the sky though.

For a logical explanation. Being the house was being renovated. It might been someone with a laptop was working up there and dropped the battery. Then it fell down later.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
Stuff just happens . Sometimes we want things to be true or untrue and will only look at information that confirms or denies. Such as 2 different political parties read the same document but understand it differently . However I did have a tool I used almost everyday but this very odd shape and color one would disappear for months at a time then show back up. The last time it showed up I buried in a dumpter where no one would find it and pull it out . Haven't seen it since .

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
Yes, I experienced something like this. Several years ago, I bought a mantra training course, and started experimenting by chanting what I thought was a rather insignificant mantra designed to recover "lost things". I was amazed when I noticed an exercise ball I had looked for high and low on many occasions for at least 2 years had suddenly appeared on top my bookcase. This was in a place which I use regularly and it had not been there before. I don' think anyone else could have found it and put it there, since I was the only adult in the house and my children were very young at the time and could not have come even close to reaching on top of the case, which was at least 7 feet high.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
I didn't know there were mantras to find lost things! What is the mantra, please?! I have a list of things I can't find. In fact, I lost the list.

Not to stray off the topic because this isn't paranormal, but a good way to find things. Once I bought 2 expensive dresses for a function, intending to return one when I decided which I liked better. I had something like 30 days to decide. When the time came, I couldn't find the receipt. It was one of those, "I'll put it here so I don't lose it" ideas that obviously didn't work. I searched everywhere and was getting frantic. When I found myself looking through my trash in the apartment dumpster, I knew there had to be a better way.

I sat down and did some relaxation techniques. I thought of the last time I remembered seeing the receipt, and I saw myself removing it from the bag. I relaxed again and thought of the next time I saw the receipt. I saw myself sticking it under the thumbtack holding my wall calendar. I had reasoned that I would look at the calendar and remember that I had to return a dress by a certain date and I'd have the receipt right there. It was above eye level so I never saw it during my search, but sure enough, it was right there.

a reply to: skeptikal1

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
When I first met my missus she kept her rings in the bathroom. One day i was telling her about the silver ring that I liked the most. It was an old Scottish wedding band. After describing the ring in great detail my partner told me that she had lost that ring many years ago. I went to the bathroom to get it and it wasn't there. I have never seen it since...

Another ring that she had she had lost many times and it would always reappear in the bathroom. Sometimes it would randomly go missing for months only to reappear in the bathroom. One day it just didn't come back...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:19 AM
Happened to me with a flip flop. A few years back, (2008, the year of weird! ) I had a nice platform pair, and was getting ready to go out. I took them off by the bathroom door for a second, as I was going to have a shower. Well, one of them disappeared right before my eyes, so I looked and looked for it for about an hour before giving up and finally getting in the shower. It was GONE and I mean GONE, for about a year and a half. Then one day it showed back up, right where it had disappeared from, by then I had no idea if I still had the match or not. But it was a weird one that I had to just keep to myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
a reply to: lindalinda

The Mantra is in Thoms Ashley Farrand's Mantra course, available through Sounds True or his web site.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
Oh. I was hoping you'd tell it to me. $47 and nearly 9 hours is more money and time than I'd like to spend on it. Maybe I'll search some libraries.

a reply to: skeptikal1

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
a reply to: headcheck

I had a similar experience.

Here it goes.
Police pulled me over once on a high way.
Just to check my documents. I was on my way back from my granddad who lives 3h drive away from where I am.
I always keep my car registration certificate (RC) in a glove box. I always do.
So I reached to get the RC. It wasn't there. I was taken back and literary turned my car upside down to find it. I knew I had it on me, because I had another police check on my way to granddad. Now it was gone. Police believed me and let me go.

Now, 3 months later I was still driving without my RC, because the car was registered in an offshore zone and I didn't have a chance to get there and sort it out.

At that time I lived in a city center and kept my car in an inner yard of a residential block. It wasn't locked, however, the car wasn't obvious from a street either. One morning I went over to my car and found the RC inside my car on a passenger seat. My car was still locked. There was no evidence of a break in. All the windows were closed.
I had one pair of car keys and I kept them on me at all times.

So, I in short. My car documents disappeared and reappeared.
I've been thinking about this for ever, but haven''t wrapped my head around it.
edit on 26-8-2014 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
I find this kind of stuff happens if you are thinking very deeply about something in a trance like semi-concious state.

But yes weird stuff just happens.

I think its a clue, that something is not quite right with the world.

Personal Opinion of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>