It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Object from my past materialized into thin air

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
a reply to: headcheck
Years ago, I was visiting my boyfriend who shared a house with two other guys. One of them had just moved out and his room was stripped bare. My boyfriend called to tell me that the guy who moved out had accidentally left an important memento behind on top of the dresser that he had intended to pack last. He told me the guy would be stopping by to pick it up and asked me to get it from the now vacant bedroom to hand to him when he drove up. I went to the room and checked everywhere. The bed had been stripped to the mattress. Even the curtains were gone. The dresser drawers were empty. The closet was empty. Nothing was in the room. Minutes later, the former roommate arrived and I told him the item was not in the room. I walked with him to the room and there it was, plain as day, sitting on top of the otherwise bare dresser. I know it was not there when I looked. I was the only person home.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:28 AM

Interesting. Is it possible she had other intentions for the battery? Do you know if it's possible for the average person to install that particular battery in computers of that time?

Perhaps lithium batteries have paranormal implications...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:41 AM
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Really not sure about her intentions. But yes, it was super simple for anyone to change out that battery in a PowerMac G4 in those days.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:52 AM

thank you, I have to say ATS is such a pleasant change from the forums I usually go to. People here actually enjoy hearing different opinions and are genuinely open minded.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:39 AM

To be clear, mine is not a story of something "materializing" strangely out of thin air, relating to my past. However, it is more about the astronomical odds of being reunited with something reasonably significant from my past, seemingly by pure coincidence. Emphasis is on synchronicity more than anything else, and I think this aspect bears significance for your story too Headcheck. That is, whether or not that particular brand of battery is or is not extremely common and could have had a mundane reason for existing in that ceiling space - still, what are the chances it would fall at your feet at that particular point in time, given there was a very specific incident that cemented that object and brand in your mind and memory?

So my story. Several years back, my wife and I joined what I will call a "spiritual group" in our city. (The group was based in a neighborhood relatively close to where I grew up...) During one of our weekly group meetings, there were some activities planned outdoors, and as such, we were asked to help gather some blankets and sleeping bags to be taken out to a grassy area on the organization's property, to be laid down for people to sit on etc. As I reached over to pick up some items, I realized instantly that there in front of me was my childhood sleeping bag. There was no mistaking that this was my sleeping bag. The color and pattern of the fabric on the outside shell, as well as the inner liner, were immediately recognizable to me.

Not only was it visually a match, but that sleeping bag even smelled exactly like mine had smelled, which in this case was not an insignificant detail. As many will know, odor is a very strong trigger of memory, and when I came within a foot or so of this sleeping bag, I immediately recognized the smell, for a very specific reason. The last experience I had with that sleeping bag was when I was about 7, and one of our family's dogs was aging and lost bladder control, this sleeping bag was used for his bedding, and was in our vehicle when the dog was taken into the vet's office, and ultimately put down. 30+ years later as I picked it up to take it out to the grass, it had the same feint odor of must and urine that I had remembered from before. Also BTW, I recalled distinctly that we had not brought the sleeping bag home from the vet's but left it there for them to dispose of. I have no idea how it would have ended up in the possession of this group so many years later, with no direct connection to myself or my family whatsoever. ( However, this was relatively close to my old neighborhood, unlike the OP's experience spanning Seattle to Hawaii, etc.)

Besides the memories involving the dog, that sleeping bag held a lot of memories of friends and family sleepovers, family camping trips, so there was a broad range of associated emotions. It was just extremely unexpected to find myself encountering it once again so many years later, as an adult, and so purely out of the blue. Ultimately, I really felt disturbed by the "synchronicity" and because of the context, it almost felt like a warning to me that something with that group was not right. Not long after that incident, several red flags came to my attention regarding this group and we discontinued our involvement with them.
edit on 24-8-2014 by AeternusLux because: Addressing OP with reply.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:49 AM
The battery fell out of the smoke alarm on the ceiling...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:57 AM

Those 3.6V lithium SAFT akkumulators (not batteries) are widely used in wireless smoke detectors here in my region.
That´s all I can help.

Edit: madrusa was faster
edit on 24-8-2014 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:08 AM
a reply to: kaylaluv

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me numerous times. The latest and most amazing was a pair of jelly shoes I had bought and was then using. After I used it, I would put it back on a kind of plastic shelf that I use as a shoe rack. When I came to get it one day it was gone. I turned the room upside down and took apart that plastic shelf and looked everywhere and it was gone -- a pair of shoes! My mother looked for it as well but couldn't find it. Eventually, out of curiosity, I went looking for it not only all over the house but in the yard as well, just in case. I couldn't find it. I then eventually let it go and forgot about it.

Six months later, I came into the room where I keep the shoe rack and there was the pair of jelly shoes, right where they were supposed to be six months ago, neatly put together as if they had never been gone.

This has happened to me a number of times before but this was the first time that a pair of things went missing and was put back as a pair, intact. This is really very interesting. If things just randomly disappear, if some fluke of nature takes things randomly and brings them back, why would it take, and then bring back, a pair of shoes, which, for all intents and purposes are two separate objects? This implies to me that whatever this phenomenon is, it is intelligent and not random.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM

S&F for starting an interesting thread. Had to get to Page 4 before someone finally mentioned "apports."

Michael Talbot ("The Holographic Universe") had numerous experiences of apports while growing up. The objects were usually bits of beach glass. The house he was living in was inundated with "gravel rain" -- that's when the roof is pelted with gravel raining on it from an unknown source (sounded very much like stories from Charles Fort).

The question is what causes apports?

Different theories. Some believe apports are caused by poltergeists and other types of ghosts. Talbot also experienced a lot of poltergeist activity as well as other types of paranormal phenomena.

Maybe it's caused by ultra-terrestials (Djinn or plasma entities from other dimensions).

Maybe "portals" open & close suddenly from another part of the time/space continuum? Who knows?

The OP triggered the sharing of stories of "high strangeness." Fascinating in any case. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM

originally posted by: headcheck
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Aha, great question Gh0stwalker. I remember it being somewhat of a challenge to convince her that is was a quality battery. She did seem to really analyze it, like she was buying a piece of furniture or a pair of shoes. (I know this because I sold shoes for a while at one point)...

She took the purchase of the battery pretty serious I guess you could say. I think that was a part of the reason the SAFT part of it stuck in my memory all those years.

...Not to be nit picky, and this really doesn't have much to do with the story but...
Maybe the battery was a tad expensive? Maybe she was wondering why she should pick that battery over another just like it at another store?
In a cheap person and would have a hard time shelling out X amount of dollars for something I can get cheaper elsewhere.
Very interesting story nonetheless. I would check into the people you've worked with (although this might have little to do with that), my first thought was maybe someone was reaching out.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM

I had a similar experience years ago.

I sometimes have things that seem to just go missing never to be seen again, and years ago a particular coffee mug went missing and I couldn't find it anywhere.

My friend and I used to live next door to each other and she often popped round to mine in the day time, and a few months after my mug had gone missing she was following me into my kitchen when I heard something hit the floor immediately behind me. I spun round to see the 'missing' mug on the floor. I had completely forgotten about it but it was unmistakably the same one. My friend's expression was one of complete surprise and shock, and she babbled something about it just 'appearing from nowhere just above and in front' of her and she'd stopped in her tracks as she watched it fall to the floor. There was nowhere it could have fallen from, there was just a ceiling above us, nothing else. My friend insisted it didn't 'fall' from anywhere, she said 'it just appeared'.

Another time, my friend said she was woken in the night by a frightful bang in her house. She lived alone and was scared to get out of bed to investigate. Next morning she had a look around for the source of the bang, and was mortified to find one of the the loft-hatches missing. A neighbour had a look in the loft and found it there. He was puzzled how it had happened because the hatch had been nailed in place, and looked as if it had been 'kicked' off with some force. He said he knew the previous tenants and wondered if they had nailed it down. A few weeks later he told her that the previous tenants had nailed it in place because the same thing kept happening to them when they lived there.

It sounds pretty cliche but we later discovered the housing estate we were living on was built on a old graveyard.

I'm so glad I moved from that place, it was definitely weird and spooky and made my spine shiver.
edit on 24-8-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM

It might have something to do with the law of attraction or less known, chaos magick. You may have once looked very hard for this same kind of battery hard enough to produce a highly focused state of mind which was long enough to alter odds and create an event somewhere in the future in which you would find back this item you so desired for a brief time. See this post as it seems to correlate. Chaos magick transcends laws of physics mind you.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Another weird thing that happened was, my daughter had lost her favorite hoodie. She adored that hoodie and was very upset that it was missing. We turned that house upside down, but it was nowhere. I just assumed she left it at school. About six months later, I walked into my bedroom, and the hoodie was laying in the middle of the floor. I asked my daughter if she had found it and put it there, and I could tell by the look on her face, she did not. Neither did my husband (it's just the three of us in the house). We do have dogs, but we don't let them upstairs. Still don't know where that hoodie was for six months, and how it came to be on the floor of my bedroom.

I can tell you - THE CLOTHES do DISAPPEAR!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
Materialized out of thin air, what are you smoking? Hawaiian bud out of a can I presume, a lot of that Maui Wowie I bet

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
I registered just to comment on this thread.

I want to share a similar incident that happened about a year back. Me and my wife went shopping and we were in the queue to pay our bill. We were 3rd or 4th in the line. There was a small refrigerator hosting pepsi/coke placed next to the person ahead of me.

I took coupon vouchers from my pocket and counted how much it totalled to. I believe it was close to 750 INR (approx 15 USD). I held it in my hand and turned back to check up on my wife. She was next to a counter picking up LAYS chips.
She got what she wanted, came & stood next to me. I saw that she had already opened a packet and started munching.

She offered me, I went to get some & right then the voucher (size of visiting card, had about 15 leaflets) fell from my hand, hit my leg and hit the ground.

I thought, I'd first take the chips and then pick it up. It would have taken me 3 seconds (not more) to get the chips, put it in my mouth and look down at the fallen voucher.

I looked down, & it was not there. I moved my shopping cart and nothing. I asked the person ahead of me to give some space and look for it; nothing. The guy even offloaded everything from his cart to ensure nothing fell in.

Me and my wife looked under the refrigerator and nothing either.

The folks standing behind me offered their help and they looked under their cart, inside their cart & still nothing.

It was not a coin, that would roll and then land someplace else. It was a small booklet (like a mini diary) that should have stayed put when it fell down. We did not talk about it much, but I just shared some of your guys experiences with my wife and she asked me to reply with our experience.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:54 AM
I had a similar experience. Over twenty years ago I had a pair of gold lions head earrings. They were very heave and I could never wear them for a long time. I had put them on to go out to dinner. On the way home one ear started hurting so I reached up to remove them and found one was missing. The restaurant was on the ocean with a big outdoor deck and I'd been leaning over the deck railing looking into the water. I remember hearing a small splash but at the time thought it was a fish jumping out of the water. There were snappers all around the deck. When I discovered one earring was missing I figured that it dropped into the water and that was what made the splash. I was upset because I really loved those earrings. When I got home I put the single earring into my jewelry box figuering I could wear it as a pin.
Fast forward ten years or so. I now live over 400 miles away from that house . One day I'm going through the jewelry box and other containers that I've used for jewelry . Sorting and getting rid of anything damaged or out of style. In my main jewelry box I found my lions head earring and felt a twinge of sadness for its long lost mate. A few minutes later in another round shell covered box which I kept small pendants and charms I came across the lions head earring again. I was confused. Hey wait didn't I just see this in the big box? I opened the big box and sure enough there was the earring. And in my hand, found in a box I didn't even have back when the earring went missing, was it's mate! I still can't explain that. I moved from long island to Virginia and I'd sorted out the jewelry box when we moved and more than once since the move. I still have them. Still can't wear them more that two hours at a time. LOL. It's now been another ten years since they've been reunited.

edit on AMu31u0883455312014-08-24T11:55:11-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u0883456312014-08-24T11:56:24-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM000000310000000883400312014-08-24T12:00:55-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
True but it doesn't usually just drop things out of the sky. It brings them like it brings your every experience gradually in an acceptable believable manner. I am a witch. I use LOA magic and that force with deliberate intent and I've never had anything just appearate. But stranger things have happened so I don't say it's impossible. reply to: _damon

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
Was it possible that fit fell out of your home computer and was already on the floor and you just nicked it with your foot? reply to: headcheck

edit on PMu31u0883419312014-08-24T12:19:47-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Hm and why would it have to be in "an acceptable believable manner"? If the way the wish is made real have to follow any rules, it is to be in accordance with one's beliefs. But what if someone uses the LoA with the firm and doubtless faith that the impossible doesnt exist? Will his wish become true in the most unpredictable and impossible manner or will it follow logic which is an illusion? If the mindset of someone decide of the ways the wish will materialize then i will say it is possible to create the impossible, as long as you can truly believe it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
I'm in Hampton. I may take a ride over the bridge today. a reply to: lance_covel

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>