It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities Are Causing Spiders To Grow Bigger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

amdro. guaranteed to kill ant mounds with only a teaspoon.

I only use it on the inner property. To keep the dogs and kids from being bit. The horney toads love ants, and are embattled enough that I don't go looking to kill off their food.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: orbitbaby

Spiders found in bathtubs are usually there because they are thirsty- their environment is typically very dry. House spiders should NOT be taken outside, as their life expectancy dwindles to hours in what is to them a hostile environment. When I find spiders in the sink or tub, I put down a paper towel, coax them on to it, and cover them quickly with a plastic bowl or glass. Then they can safely be released BACK in the HOUSE. Another thing that often happens, is that people see increased spider activity in their houses during weather changes and assume that the creatures have come into the house from outside for this reason, but in fact, this almost always is due to male HOUSE spiders looking for a mate.

Check out this link (from a local Seattle museum) for some more interesting (and incredible) myths/facts about spiders.

www.burkemuseum.org...

edit on 8222014 by seattlerat because: some duma$$ forgot to include the link

edit on 8222014 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ok good to know. This will be a tale of horror to some but to me was funny.
One day a few years back there was a mid sized round spider not an orb she was smaller and light in color. Anyway... She was in a web over near my clothes washer and dryer. In the basement. So I said ok you can live there. I'm not sure she probably got mosquitos to eat. The basement was where the kids kept their bikes and was opened day in and day out.
At the end of summer I see an egg sac and say ok you can stay there. It's an old 100 year old house with an old musty and damp basement so I didn't care about a spider web. LOL.
The next spring I go down one day and there were hundreds of tiny baby spiders all over the laundry , the washer and the dryer. It was so funny. I don't let them stay over the washer and dryer area anymore. reply to: seattlerat

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That's one m.f. spider. I think I'd run from that too. It would be very hard for me to attempt to catch it. Very hard. a reply to: Fylgje

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do the spider dance when I see a spider. It is very similar to the bee dance, only more frantic. Jumping up and down and screaming "KILL IT, KILL IT!"
Oh those things freak me out soooooo bad!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I thought you were gonna say 'the pee dance' and I was like YEAH!! That's what I do too! hahalol

My wife thinks it's funny to see me, a fearless-type man that is 6'4/260, who is scared of spiders. I tell her it is no joking matter. I'll take a lion on bare handed before I'll tangle with a big spider. I'll walk through a snake-infested place before walking through a spider-infested place.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

LOL, I hear ya! People are always saying, "you love snakes and frogs and rats etc., but you're afraid of spiders?????" Yup, that's right!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Come to think of it, my father's only (apparent) fear is spiders. I never witnessed this myself, but my mother once told me that he used to wake up from nightmares freaking out and yelling "SPIDERS!!!!" over and over until she calmed him down.
Now, my Dad is remarried and lives in Arizona- apparently his spider fear has taken second-fiddle to scorpion fear. Except, he told me the other day that he is planning to live out the rest of his life in Malaysia.
I'm not a cruel guy, so I won't send him this link orionmystery.blogspot.com... . PLEASE don't click on it unless you want to see some hairy scary spiders grown tropical size.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I worked in Bangladesh for 2 years, and some of the spiders there jumped!
I don't know what kind they were, but they scared me like nothing else.

You wanna know why?

Because they were fearless bastards.
They didn't jump away from you but towards you!
I always had a broom nearby during my stay there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join